Siding with the Night King

Lerxst

At this point in the show, I'm feeling like he's the only character left that makes any sense and hasn't committed any major acts of betrayal of my disbelief or insulted my intelligence. Just about every other character is hailed as a hero one moment, and acts like a total imbecile the next, or has taken a 360 character arc and ended back as the same loathsome person they initially started as.

I actually want to see the White Walkers win and convert all of Westeros... hell, the entire damned world, at this rate!

I joined team white walkers when Shireen burned.  I agree completely, the only confusing thing to me is why is he taking so long to get south of the wall.  Must not have access to the teleporter everyone else is using, or maybe doesn't actually want to go further south.  But I'll forgive him for taking a realistic amount of time on his journey.

Just now, Lucius Lovejoy said:

I joined team white walkers when Shireen burned.  I agree completely, the only confusing thing to me is why is he taking so long to get south of the wall.  Must not have access to the teleporter everyone else is using, or maybe doesn't actually want to go further south.  But I'll forgive him for taking a realistic amount of time on his journey.

I think they stop every 6 hours and jam some oingo boingo "it's a dead man's party" or thriller 

7 minutes ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

What's the hurry?  He's been waiting 8000 years, what's a couple more?

Besides, his enemy keeps coming to him and inadvertently making him stronger.

:devil:

2 hours ago, Lerxst said:

At this point in the show, I'm feeling like he's the only character left that makes any sense and hasn't committed any major acts of betrayal of my disbelief or insulted my intelligence. Just about every other character is hailed as a hero one moment, and acts like a total imbecile the next, or has taken a 360 character arc and ended back as the same loathsome person they initially started as.

I actually want to see the White Walkers win and convert all of Westeros... hell, the entire damned world, at this rate!

I was on his team until this episode, when he showed to be an arrogant arse by not throwing the spear at Viseryon instead of Drogon. He could have finished the war then and there, thus sparing many of his wights´ unlives. But no, he had to show off his marksmanship

So I am done with him as well, I am not supporting anyone anymore. 

24 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

Ironic if he's indeed Bran, because Bran couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with bow and arrow.

They're not at all the same skill. As a teen, I was a hell of an archer, but the first time I tried to throw a javelin, I missed the track by 80 degrees, which shouldn't even be physically possible. (It was also the last time, because the instructor refused to give me another try, probably for good reasons.)

Just now, falcotron said:

They're not at all the same skill. As a teen, I was a hell of an archer, but the first time I tried to throw a javelin, I missed the track by 80 degrees, which shouldn't even be physically possible. (It was also the last time, because the instructor refused to give me another try, probably for good reasons.)

LMAO he was probably afraid you'd accidentally down a dragon.  Or an airplane.  Or someone leaving church behind you. ;)

I know it's not the same, but the irony would remain that Bran  as child struggled with martial skills but Bran as NK was amazingly talented at them.

4 hours ago, Armand Gargalen said:

I was on his team until this episode, when he showed to be an arrogant arse by not throwing the spear at Viseryon instead of Drogon. He could have finished the war then and there, thus sparing many of his wights´ unlives. But no, he had to show off his marksmanship

It was a totally defensible decision to aim for Viserion.  He saw that Drogon and company's plot armor was too thick to penetrate with an ice spear.

5 hours ago, Armand Gargalen said:

I think the Night King realized that Drogon is a spoiled mama's boy and that Viserion is a sweetheart.  And given the choice between the two he'd prefer Viserion for his mount.  I can't blame him, I'd choose Viserion over Drogon as well. 

3 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

It was a totally defensible decision to aim for Viserion.  He saw that Drogon and company's plot armor was too thick to penetrate with an ice spear.

2 hours ago, Bran the Shipper said:

I think the Night King realized that Drogon is a spoiled mama's boy and that Viserion is a sweetheart.  And given the choice between the two he'd prefer Viserion for his mount.  I can't blame him, I'd choose Viserion over Drogon as well. 

Thank you guys for helping me realize the awesomeness of the Night King and come back to his fold. Hopefully he won´t freeze with ice dragon breath for my temporary loss of faith.

I think the character who is most appealing in my eyes is the Hound. He has shown the most growth of all of them to me. He has gone from some marauding beast / almost unparalleled killing machine, to a man of God who, while still crass and crude, has a genuinely empathetic and principled compass. 

But as I said in another thread, the NK was created to keep man from killing the children of the forest. They, despite their flaws (namely killing anyone in sight with a pulse), serve to balance the recklessness of man. Something that is typified in nearly every one of our South of the Wall Heroes...And villains.

Morality is subjective. The night king seems to be evil, but he genuinely sees MAN as a danger. 

Archived