Daenerys will die in episode 7.

Poncio

27 minutes ago, plastic throne said:

But most of all, I just want these writers never getting a job again :D

Yeah, why would anyone in Hollywood ever hire a couple of guys who created a massively popular show that's won tons of awards and kept the entire world talking for the better part of a decade, if some guy on the internet hates them?

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

Here's the irony about complaining about predictablility, the only thing that ever mattered in the endgame of the series was the battle with the White Walkers and Dany's conquest. Everything before that was essentially a giant prologue that GRRM ballooned up and wrote a compelling story to set up the game pieces around. That's why you got things like Ned, Catelyn's and Robb's death. Because none of that really mattered a whole lot as long as somehow, someway, the pieces generally aligned to a war between Cersei and Dany with King Jon warning them of the threat up North. 

Now you are in a conventional story with a conventional endgame where the main characters are less expendable and the conclusion requires logic to get to. You can't just posture and do misdirection for a couple of seasons when you are wrapping up.

It's like some people don't get story structure.  

Best post I have seen on here for a long time.

The whole point of the politics, the struggles, the deaths, the probably Greyscale epidemic etc. is obvious to me.  It's to set the stage so that when the Others finally invade the realm of Westeros is severely weakened and in disarray.  Therefore making the war against the Others seem hopeless.  Right until the heroes of the story pull it out of the bag and save the day.  The bittersweet moment will be due to the enormous cost involved in pulling it out of the bag, e.g. something like Dany being Jon's Nissa Nissa and Jon having to kill Dany to become victorious etc. and then for mankind to not learn anything from what just happened and go back to their bickering ways.

We are at a point in the tale where character development, along with political intrigue, should be done and dusted.  We're in the end game and the dynamic of this epic should be completely different to the beginning and middle parts of the story.

13 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Yeah, why would anyone in Hollywood ever hire a couple of guys who created a massively popular show that's won tons of awards and kept the entire world talking for the better part of a decade, if some guy on the internet hates them?

First and foremost, let's be honest. They haven't created a damn thing regarding this show and the stuff that they did different/on their own resulted in a massive quality drop. Its a joke for 3 years already, each year worse than the last. FFS, they thought focus fire a section on the battlefield, creating a 10-20meters high wall out of bodies during the battle to entrap enemy as a valid military tactic. That's something I would expect from a B rated anime made for 5yrs old kids. 

3 hours ago, Dragons 7th Eye said:

We will get the wall faling down as the cliffhanger.

I really really _really_ wish they take much more care writing the final season. It is such a shame how once the greatest tv-show of all times - financially as well - seems to be heading to end as an utter failure. grrrrr

I was thinking the wall will fall this season too. But how? Sure NK has an Ice Dragon, but won't that just mean more ice? Doesn't an Ice Dragon breathe ice? Apologies if my assumption that an Ice Dragon breathes ice is wrong, but that is what I was thinking anyway. 

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

Here's the irony about complaining about predictablility, the only thing that ever mattered in the endgame of the series was the battle with the White Walkers and Dany's conquest. Everything before that was essentially a giant prologue that GRRM ballooned up and wrote a compelling story to set up the game pieces around. That's why you got things like Ned, Catelyn's and Robb's death. Because none of that really mattered a whole lot as long as somehow, someway, the pieces generally aligned to a war between Cersei and Dany with King Jon warning them of the threat up North. 

Now you are in a conventional story with a conventional endgame where the main characters are less expendable and the conclusion requires logic to get to. You can't just posture and do misdirection for a couple of seasons when you are wrapping up.

It's like some people don't get story structure.  

This is very wise. 

9 minutes ago, plastic throne said:

First and foremost, let's be honest. They haven't created a damn thing regarding this show and the stuff that they did different/on their own resulted in a massive quality drop. Its a joke for 3 years already, each year worse than the last. FFS, they thought focus fire a section on the battlefield, creating a 10-20meters high wall out of bodies during the battle to entrap enemy as a valid military tactic. That's something I would expect from a B rated anime made for 5yrs old kids. 

How can they not create a damn thing on the show and yet do their own stuff?

She will not die. The time when they killed main characters is over. As far as it went by the book George was great at finding the best way for everyone to die. In the series so many deaths seem just for the "keeping the style" but the purpose and time and way seems totally wrong. Only one season left and everything comes to  conclusion. The conclusion must be good. It should be satisfying if you want to keep a good story. They can kill everyone who is replaceable in a sort of way or just unnecessary anymore. Dany isn't replaceable.

All these seasons I waited for everyone to reunite. This season did it all in a very fast and kind of unsatisfying way. It would be so much better if they made much more slower version of everything. Some episodes in the previous seasons were like nothing is happening but now it seems like everything is happening at the same time.

3 minutes ago, Obsidian Knight said:

She will not die. The time when they killed main characters is over. As far as it went by the book George was great at finding the best way for everyone to die. In the series so many deaths seem just for the "keeping the style" but the purpose and time and way seems totally wrong. Only one season left and everything comes to  conclusion. The conclusion must be good. It should be satisfying if you want to keep a good story. They can kill everyone who is replaceable in a sort of way or just unnecessary anymore. Dany isn't replaceable.

All these seasons I waited for everyone to reunite. This season did it all in a very fast and kind of unsatisfying way. It would be so much better if they made much more slower version of everything. Some episodes in the previous seasons were like nothing is happening but now it seems like everything is happening at the same time.

Daenerys Targaryen is the main character of the story.  She is not going to die in episode 7. 

9 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

How can they not create a damn thing on the show and yet do their own stuff?

Originaly they haven't created the ASOIAF. Nor layed foundations for the story. Am I wrong? 

They made some changes very 'late in the game', I grant you that; when show was already popular. That is hardly the same thing as "creating the best show in the history". Especially when all the changes resulted in justifiable criticism and massive quality drop. Massive.

3 hours ago, Danny- said:

I don't get why people want major characters to die.does dany or jon snow dying make the show better?

i agree that the last 2 seasons havn't been that good but that's not because people aren't dying.

We have been conditioned for it.  It's a season finale.

2 minutes ago, plastic throne said:

Originaly they haven't created the ASOIAF. Nor layed foundations for the story. Am I wrong? 

They made some changes very 'late in the game', I grant you that; when show was already popular. That is hardly the same thing as "creating the best show in the history". Especially when all the changes resulted in justifiable criticism and massive quality drop. Massive.

At which point did massive quality drop happen for you?  And do you believe it coincided with the massive quality drop in the books?

Interestingly most people seem to think the quality drop happened around S4 or S5.  What is interesting is that the viewing figures are up massively from the early days.  You state the show was already popular.  Well to put that into context the viewing figures for S7 are over double what they were for S2 and may even end up double what they were for S3.

3 hours ago, Danny- said:

I don't get why people want major characters to die.does dany or jon snow dying make the show better?

i agree that the last 2 seasons havn't been that good but that's not because people aren't dying.

Thank you! Yep, that right there.

The death of Dany next week would leave no knowledge of her connection to Jon, any Targ heir unresolved, and Cersei on the throne. If Martin wrote this great epic so that bitch could win the game of thrones, honestly, what would have been the point of subsequent books? He could have stopped at the first. Unpredictability can sometimes be interesting, a la Viserion. But logical conclusions to certain subplots makes even better sense. That's been my complaint about last night's ep; some stuff just didn't make any sense, starting with the great wight hunt. 

1 hour ago, Kytheros said:

Eh, AFAIK, the only thing from what he said that's been in the leaked plot stuff was the:

Everything else? Not part of the plot leaks I've seen, and therefore pure speculation.

But it's probably been pretty obvious that the bit that actually was in the leaks was going to happen, just the when/where/why of it was in question. It's not like the show and showrunners have been particularly subtle about where they were going there.

Spoilering my answer regarding leaks:

Spoiler

Sorry, I read his post as that all of what he said, including the first line, was confirmed in the leaks. 

This is about what happens next episode, right? So he listed his predictions and said they were confirmed by the leaks. Including Jon dying.

5 hours ago, Poncio said:

As any book reader I'm quite pissed by the last few seasons, but I think they could still save the day in one last blow next sunday. Killing Daenerys at the armistice in KL.

What's delusional this season is not only the thematical and logical downfall of the storytelling, but its predictability as well. This used to be the most suspenseful show in the world, but last night we all knew Daenerys would have saved them all, the Night's King would have killed a dragon, Jon would have never died in the lake. But when it comes to season finale, I still hope they're thinking something better.

Let's face it, what can really happen to shock the viewers? It's really likely Littlefinger will die and the WW will breach the wall. None of this events is slightly surprising. It's true the show became lame, but last two years showrunners really tried their best in the final episodes to surprise us. Despite everything, we all enjoyed the Sept of Baelor sequence from last year. So what could really happen this time?

Jon can't possibly die (and if he does, he can always resurrect). Neither can Cersei, imo: she's the heart of the show, and going into the final season without a villain expect for the NK would really be a suicide. I can't see many possibilities other than Daenerys' death.

Two episodes ago, Cersei told Jaime they should win this war like their father would have (ignoring guest right, for example). Last episode, Tyrion brought up the problem of Daenerys' succession. She made an incredible mistake, trying to play the game without being ruthless against her enemies, and now she's making another one, going into the lion's den trusting them to behave peacefully. She's making Ned's and Robb's mistakes and for the sake of the show she should die. Her death would leave us with a sense of doom, since she's the only one capable of controlling a dragon and the Wall is falling down.

But maybe I'm just a summer boy and the series will really end up with Jon and Daenerys on the throne.

Something as dramatic as Daenerys´s death would be amazingly shocking BUT the tv series seems to satisfy fandom´s wishes, so my prediction is that Jon and Danny will have baby dragons and will live happily ever after

Archived