We'll meet again, Clegane.

Ser Meryn Frey

1.  Could it be for CLEGANEBOWL?!?!?!?!?!?!  GET HYPE!!!!!!!!!  Just kidding I think they are splitting up solely so the Hound can banter with Tyrion in the season finale when they meet up.  Beric needs to stick with Tormund so we have named characters to face the Night King when he attacks the wall at the end of the season.  The Hound will eventually get to Winterfell to meet Arya and Sansa too before fighting the white walkers.  I don't think he will meet Beric again unless Beric is a wight (ice version of resurection) and Sandor will have some negative quip about religion to give while also feeling sad about what happened to Beric.

2.  Sure seems like it.  Yes.

53 minutes ago, Lost Time said:

Weren't they (BwB) traveling with 6-8 others in the 1st episode of this season? Did those no-names get killed off by the wildlings south of the wall or something offscreen? 

Were they the redshirts who died north of the Wall?

Sorry if that's a stupid question, but it's sincere—those guys were so obviously going to die without doing anything important that I didn't pay them enough attention to notice whether they were BwB, wildlings, or what; for all I know they could have been Dothraki. But hopefully someone else actually looked at their faces?

Anyway, the good news is that Beric without Brotherhood still spells BwB, so we don't have to change our abbreviations.

Archived