Greyworm and Theon

Wm Portnoy

I know we all like to think there is redemption for everyone but that is not realistic.  Assuming the show wants to take a realistic arc for some of the characters like Theon, Arya, and Jaime. 

Theon of those three has the best chances of finding redemption.  Just like I think Victarion will find redemption in the novels by serving Daenerys Targaryen.  Theon already pledged his support to Daenerys and that brought him halfway to his redemption.  He will be a hero in my eyes if the op's scenario comes true.  Say he takes down Euron and rescues Yara/Asha.  He becomes a hero instantly. 

2 hours ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

Theon of those three has the best chances of finding redemption.  Just like I think Victarion will find redemption in the novels by serving Daenerys Targaryen.  Theon already pledged his support to Daenerys and that brought him halfway to his redemption.  He will be a hero in my eyes if the op's scenario comes true.  Say he takes down Euron and rescues Yara/Asha.  He becomes a hero instantly. 

The great thing about turning Theon into a hero is that he doesn't get the traditional fantasy hero's reward. All he's really going to care about is that his sister respects him and the Starks forgive him. He can help place his sister on the Seastone Chair and Dany on the Iron Throne, but he's not going to get a domain of his own. He's not going to marry a beautiful princess and raise a brood of happy children. Even if he somehow plays a key part assisting the war against the dead, he's not going to be the famous hero who's preceded by bards singing songs of his glory wherever he goes. If he doesn't die, he's just going to wander off to a quiet life, and that's fine. And how often do you get that, especially in fantasy stories?

Archived