House Arryn appreciation thread

UFT

to me they are my favorite house. 

not so much the current gen characters, but their entire culture. awesome sigil, cool motto, badass bannermen, and they have a very honorable martial tradition of producing great knights.

also the falcon knight artys arryn who must have been a total badass. the aegon the conqueror of the andals pretty much.

The Age of Petty Kings mod for medieval total war 2 has a great Arryn campaign from the point of view of the vale, the importance of the eyrie and the bloody gate, rivalry with the Royces, etc. I enjoyed it and recommend. 

Jon Arryn was quite a player in his way.  The Targaryans were out of dragons so He united 4 of the greatest houses with wardships and marriages.  What they call Robert's Rebellion should be called Jon Arryn's rebellion.  He thought of it,and it ended with Jon ruling westeros.

You'd think a guy like that would figure out that LF was screwing his wife.

On 8/22/2017 at 3:40 PM, Roose on the Loose said:

Jon Arryn was quite a player in his way.  The Targaryans were out of dragons so He united 4 of the greatest houses with wardships and marriages.  What they call Robert's Rebellion should be called Jon Arryn's rebellion.  He thought of it,and it ended with Jon ruling westeros.

You'd think a guy like that would figure out that LF was screwing his wife.

Well he did it because he had no choice really, but it was still impressive. But he was honestly one of the worst hands we know about. Bad decisions across the board. 

Archived