will we see edmure again ? where is he ?

StoneColdJorahMormont

Post riverrun I thought Jaime sent him to the rock, it's what he said he was going to do. As for where he is now? That depends, did they evacuate the prisoners along with the army that left casterly rock, otherwise he's probably still at the rock. I hope we see him again, great actor and servant to HBO. 

1 hour ago, averde said:

Post riverrun I thought Jaime sent him to the rock, it's what he said he was going to do. As for where he is now? That depends, did they evacuate the prisoners along with the army that left casterly rock, otherwise he's probably still at the rock. I hope we see him again, great actor and servant to HBO. 

I always enjoyed him as a character in world full of people in positions of power knowing what they are doing or meant for, he was this bumbling idiot at times similar to how Mace tyrell behaved at times..

3 hours ago, averde said:

Jaime did promise him that, just like in the books. But, unlike the books, he seems to have immediately forgotten that promise.

In the books, shortly after Riverrun surrenders, we see Jaime ordering the guard on Edmure doubled and tripled to ensure he makes it to Casterly Rock. Later, when he's dealing with the Blackwoods and Brackens, he talks about sending Roslin and the baby to be with Edmure, which implies that either he's made it there or Jaime is confident he will.

In the show, none of that happens. The next we hear about Edmure, it's Walder mentioning that Edmure is back in his cell, which would be an odd way to put it if he meant he'd shipped Edmure to Casterly Rock to live out his life as a noble hostage as Jaime promised. And then Walder talks about how he's not going to kill Edmure because it would be wrong to kill a son-in-law, which would be even odder if he were in Lannister custody rather than Walder's.

So, I think Edmure is still rotting in a cell in the Twins. Maybe when little Kitty gets over her shock at Arya's mass Freyicide, going through the cells and figuring out who's there and why will be the 20th thing or so on her list, and she might eventually release Edmure.

18 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Jaime did promise him that, just like in the books. But, unlike the books, he seems to have immediately forgotten that promise.

In the books, shortly after Riverrun surrenders, we see Jaime ordering the guard on Edmure doubled and tripled to ensure he makes it to Casterly Rock. Later, when he's dealing with the Blackwoods and Brackens, he talks about sending Roslin and the baby to be with Edmure, which implies that either he's made it there or Jaime is confident he will.

In the show, none of that happens. The next we hear about Edmure, it's Walder mentioning that Edmure is back in his cell, which would be an odd way to put it if he meant he'd shipped Edmure to Casterly Rock to live out his life as a noble hostage as Jaime promised. And then Walder talks about how he's not going to kill Edmure because it would be wrong to kill a son-in-law, which would be even odder if he were in Lannister custody rather than Walder's.

So, I think Edmure is still rotting in a cell in the Twins. Maybe when little Kitty gets over her shock at Arya's mass Freyicide, going through the cells and figuring out who's there and why will be the 20th thing or so on her list, and she might eventually release Edmure.

So unlucky for Edmure that Arya didn't hear/see him when she murdered the Freys.

On 8/23/2017 at 3:03 AM, falcotron said:

Yeah I'm sure you're right, was basing my answer off the scene in the tent and events in the books. 

I'm just basing it off my own calculations for how long it roughly would have taken Arya to have gotten her plan worked out and into action... she would have spent a bit of time I imagine walking about the twins... to kill and take the face she needed to serve Walder and most likely hurt the rest of the cooks/servants to prevent them from seeing what she was cooking up/serving.... surely some talk of Edmure rotting in the dungeons would have been heard from staff, sons etc.... The Twins are big but not that big that she wouldn't had been aware of her uncle still being held there.

Archived