Maggy the frog prophecy and Cersei

Ashara_Dayne

Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

I noticed it never says your Valonqar, but the. What if the Valonqar refers to the younger sibling of Myrcella Tommen and Joffrey? And Cersei dies of a pregnancy related illness like preeclampsia? (i think it's possible to have respiratory issues because of it?)

An interesting theory, for sure! Cersei, who cares only about herself and her children (and Jaime in the show), dies while giving birth to her fourth child....

However, I'd still go with Jaime being the valonquar.

On the other hand, with Cersei announcing her pregnancy (unless she fakes it ofc), I am starting to think that the death is only figurative and that Cersei will survive the story.

Interesting to note that Maggy brought up the valonqar when Cersei asked about her children. 

But I still think it's going to be someone who literally chokes Cersei. My bets are on Jaime, although the 'we came to this world together, we will leave it together' stuff bothers me.

Considering both Jaime and Tyrion did not kill her and walked away... I am more convinced this will be the case. I tried to look for shortness of breath / hypertension / liver failure / kidney failure today... and I'm not convinced they weren't there.

• 3 months later...
On 22/08/2017 at 0:05 PM, Ashara_Dayne said:

Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

I noticed it never says your Valonqar, but the. What if the Valonqar refers to the younger sibling of Myrcella Tommen and Joffrey? And Cersei dies of a pregnancy related illness like preeclampsia? (i think it's possible to have respiratory issues because of it?)

What if the Valonqar refers to Jaime Lannister? If She is carrying the child of Euron Greyjoy, then Jaime can turn himself into a devil evil man and choke the life from her

On 27/12/2017 at 4:39 AM, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

What if the Valonqar refers to Jaime Lannister? If She is carrying the child of Euron Greyjoy, then Jaime can turn himself into a devil evil man and choke the life from her

That child is Jamie's for sure, Cersei wouldn't carry anyone else's.

Maybe Arya kills Jamie, or he dies north in the final battle and she uses his face to go to KL and choke the fuck out of Cersei. (It's unclear if *wearing* someone's face would also mimic their body complexion)

Archived