Did this happen in the last episode?

BloodandFire85

So in the story of Azor Ahai it says that a hero will be reborn amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone. I think that happen in the last episode. Jon woke the dragons (Dany and her dragons) out of Dragonstone (stone) by sending a raven to Dany to save them. Then he sacrificed himself and went into the sea to be reborn out of salt and snow. What do y'all think?

I think you're reaching here.  The rebirth was either when Daenerys emerged from Drogo's funeral pyre (salt from Mirri's tears, smoke from the fire, under the red comet) to be TPTWP waking her dragons out of what were presumed to be stone eggs or when Jon was literally resurrected.  Actually, I don't really believe that either AA or TPTWP propechies should be taken literally at all.

5 hours ago, BloodandFire85 said:

So in the story of Azor Ahai it says that a hero will be reborn amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone. I think that happen in the last episode. Jon woke the dragons (Dany and her dragons) out of Dragonstone (stone) by sending a raven to Dany to save them. Then he sacrificed himself and went into the sea to be reborn out of salt and snow. What do y'all think?

But it was a lake, that I would presume fresh water.  And no smoke.

Melisandre: You should kneel before your brother.. He is the Lords chosen born amidst salt and smoke

Renly: Born amidst salt and smoke? Is he a ham?

I wish the had focused on Renly's personality and humor instead just showing him with the blonde rose of Highgarden...

The part about waking dragons from stone isn't bad, actually, assuming you allow for seers' obsession with flowery language and perhaps a translator reading "waking dragons from dragon stone" and deciding the second "dragon" was superfluous.

The rest is a stretch. Jon wasn't really reborn, and there was no smoke or salt.

But it all seems like a stretch. Tears are salt? There was a recent thread about whether prophecy is like a shopping list or a weather forecast. The basic idea was, for example in the case of the Azor Ahai prophecy, are smoke and salt two items to be crossed off on a list, or are they the two most prominent features of the vision of rebirth that led to this prophecy?

To put it another way, if you've never seen a cow before, you might describe it as a big animal with horns. But that doesn't mean if you find a fat, savage cuckold you've got yourself a cow.

To me, taking tears to be the salt is the result of a full on "shopping list" approach to prophecy. When you think about whoever gave us that prophecy in the first place, wouldn't they just be giving us the important details? No matter how the prophet got their vision of Azor Ahai reborn, I can't see how the saltiness of the tears could be in the top two things to note. And as an aside, even if the tears somehow were prominent enough, Mirri was dead before Daenerys even stepped into the fire.

I don't think anyone meets the criteria, and so I think something is wrong with the prophecy somehow. Honestly, if you stay away from the "shopping list" approach, I still think the ham is still the best candidate.

13 hours ago, falcotron said:

So is Euron AAR, or is the actor who plays Euron AAR?

Ouch.

3 hours ago, Ser Petyr Parker said:

The part about waking dragons from stone isn't bad, actually, assuming you allow for seers' obsession with flowery language and perhaps a translator reading "waking dragons from dragon stone" and deciding the second "dragon" was superfluous.

The rest is a stretch. Jon wasn't really reborn, and there was no smoke or salt.

But it all seems like a stretch. Tears are salt? There was a recent thread about whether prophecy is like a shopping list or a weather forecast. The basic idea was, for example in the case of the Azor Ahai prophecy, are smoke and salt two items to be crossed off on a list, or are they the two most prominent features of the vision of rebirth that led to this prophecy?

To put it another way, if you've never seen a cow before, you might describe it as a big animal with horns. But that doesn't mean if you find a fat, savage cuckold you've got yourself a cow.

To me, taking tears to be the salt is the result of a full on "shopping list" approach to prophecy. When you think about whoever gave us that prophecy in the first place, wouldn't they just be giving us the important details? No matter how the prophet got their vision of Azor Ahai reborn, I can't see how the saltiness of the tears could be in the top two things to note. And as an aside, even if the tears somehow were prominent enough, Mirri was dead before Daenerys even stepped into the fire.

I don't think anyone meets the criteria, and so I think something is wrong with the prophecy somehow. Honestly, if you stay away from the "shopping list" approach, I still think the ham is still the best candidate.

Ouch.

What if Daenerys is the dragon that woke out of stone. Read her dream, after the "birth" of Rhaego..

Archived