The upcoming "difficult negotiation" between The Lion & The Dragon

Looking ahead to the big meeting next week between Team Lannister & Team Targaryen, I've got two thoughts on how Cersei will try to use, as Tyrion puts it, "deceit and mass murder" to take out Daenerys at the meeting:

Option A: She'll use a cache of Wildfire that's stored below the Dragonpit on The Hill of Rhaenys

From the 'Scenes from next week portion', I think it's safe to assume that they're meeting at the Dragonpit on Rhaenys' Hill.

In ACOK during Tyrion's meeting with Hallyne, the chief pyromancer charged with producing the Wildfire in preparation for the Battle of Blackwater, Hallyne mentions that they found a cache of 300 jars of the green stuff underneath the pit:

"We have been, hmmm, most fortunate, my lord Hand. Another cache of Lord Rossart's was found, more than three hundred jars. Under the Dragonpit! Some whores have been using the ruins to entertain their patrons, and one of them fell through a patch of rotted floor into a cellar. When he felt the jars, he mistook them for wine. He was so drunk he broke the seal and drank some."

In the same chapter, Tyrion also notes that it's likely not common knowledge:

The Dragonpit atop the hill of Rhaenys had been abandoned for a century and a half. He supposed it was as good a place as any to store wildfire, and better than most, but it would have been nice if the late Lord Rossart had told someone. 

Based on Cersei's proclivity to burning things to the ground to get what she wants, I think there's a decent chance that she works with Qyburn to rig the Dragonpit to blow and we get another Sept of Baelor type of incident. Perhaps she calls a brief recess of the meeting so she can discuss with her council and once they're out of the blast radius, she lights it up… I doubt that Cersei would let Jaime in on this plan so maybe this would be Jaime's chance to stop the real Mad Queen!

Option B: She'll frame Daenerys & Tyrion by poisoning all the wine/food at the tables of Cersei's council & the other present parties.

During the Eastwatch episode, Cersei says,

"An accommodation with the dragon queen could be in our best interest. We have to fight her like father would."

To me, this screamed Red Wedding killing guests under the protection of guest right but also turning your allies against you, like Tywin did by turning the Freys and Boltons against the Starks.

I think she could spike all the wine of everyone not representing Daenerys' interests at the negotiation (warning Jaime, Qyburn, etc.) but let everyone else die in an attempt to prove that Daenerys is a savage, untrustworthy outsider that needs to be dealt with. One of those people, would be Bronn. Cersei's smart enough to know that the Bronn thread is something that could make Tyrion's allegiance to Daenerys unravel.

With Daenerys asking Tyrion if they should plan something for the negotiation and his denial of that, this would be the perfect way to alienate Dany from her current advisors (Tyrion & Varys) and make them enemies. I doubt they'd hop over to Cersei's side but they might step out of Dany's camp and position themselves somewhere on the wheel that Dany wants to break.

I don't know how it would play out from there though… Maybe she orders The Mountain to kill them after the accusation of Dany being the poisoner occurs?

I'd be interested to see people's thoughts on that part in addition to thoughts in general! Any other predictions on Cersei's plan?

I don't think Cersei is planning to do anything but insult them and demand that they "bend the knee" (this fucking phrase) and hand over Tyrion before she lifts a finger to help them.  I don't think this will be a climatic scene.  I hope Cersei gets drunk (how Joffrey is the only one that possibly had fetal alcohol syndrome is beyond me) and is insulting and unhelpful.  Serves Jon and Tyrion right for how stupid the wight hunt was.

Well, Tyrion will be at the meeting. And Tyrion knows about the wildfire, hidden under the Dragonpit. He wouldn't go. 

I think Hallyne who found out the cache, used them during the Battle of Black waters.

Surely, Cersei will be awful. But no one will share wine or any food with her. 

I feel like it may *actually* be a real meeting. Jon's line at the end of the preview trailer has him sounding exasperated and out of breath, so maybe that's right after he dumps a zombie before Cercei's feet. 

I wonder if she'd actually get it... how she would react to truly knowing the bigger picture. Or has her Mad Queen paranoia gotten so bad, she'll think its some kind of trap, like Dany discovered how to make zombies just like The Mountain...

Cersei lost the few pieces of humanity after their kids died. Right now I think she is obsessed with the Throne, and if she will die (and let anyone die) if she thinks that she will not be the queen anymore. Unless D&D invent now a Humane-Cersei-Because-the-Pregnancy I don't see the meeting resulting in anything productive.

As I mentioned some place else there are two type of predictions: What we think what would make sense according to the narrative and what D&D is producing for us... The two things usually are not the same.

What will really gonna happen I think is directly linked with wether D&D want Lena Heady present in the final season. This and not plot, reason and sense is what will define what happens.

Part of me thinks that Cersei will die by the hands of Jaime (in the season finale). (after trying to blow up the whole city) However I don't see how this could develop. She needs to be really cornered for this to happen and I am not seeing how. 

One possibility was the arrival of the Golden Company sponsored by the Iron bank , but supporting Dannaerys, (which would give overwhelming odds to Danny's side. But other than that I don't see it...

Cersei doesn't need to do anything rash.  The calculating move would be to play along and then recruit the GC and smash Danys forces when they're spread thin next season fighting the WW.

That's why this entire plan is so stupid. It was suggested because everyone was worried that Cersei would swoop in and attack them if they focused their efforts collectively on the WW. Well....that's probably still exactly what's going to happen after the meeting.

7 hours ago, The Hand of Jaime said:

With Daenerys asking Tyrion if they should plan something for the negotiation and his denial of that, this would be the perfect way to alienate Dany from her current advisors (Tyrion & Varys) and make them enemies. I doubt they'd hop over to Cersei's side but they might step out of Dany's camp and position themselves somewhere on the wheel that Dany wants to break.

Tyrion and Varys both know Cersei (and Dany) far too well to believe such an accusation.

Cersei will say, that she is not impressed and shows her own Zombie-Mountain.

Then the Hound will step forward and asks if Zombie-Mountain will stand up again if he is beaten and shows how the Wight stands up again after a fight with normal weapons.

-> Clegane Bowl -> The Hound wins -> Zombie Mountain dead.

or maybe there will be a "Zombie-Bowl". Mountain will loose because the Wight stands up every time it gets hit and then kills The Mountain.

I think Cersei made clear she wants to fuck things up with her "fighting like father" line.

But I would be REAALLY disappointed if she manages to harm anyone. Tyrion and Varys know about the red wedding, the purple wedding, the Frey toast, they know of wildfire and how Cersei blew up the sept. They know that she thinks the meeting is a very attractive place for an attack, so they MUST make sure against all eventualities.

Cersei would have to think of something completely new that takes danys present forces and her dragons into the picture and also outsmarts both Tyrion and Varys.

If she manages that, kudos. But if it is "just" another food poisoning or wildfire and the show wants to tell us she succeeded with such a foreseeable trap, I would shake my head in disbelief.

So I hope for anticlimatic meeting where Cersei "acts" normal to buy herself some time and the action coming in when the wall comes down or something.

9 minutes ago, Fearodh said:

So I hope for anticlimatic meeting where Cersei "acts" normal to buy herself some time and the action coming in when the wall comes down or something.

The simpliest thing: Promise help and when help is needed, refuse it.

I really think that this is the episode that Jamie betrays Cersei.  He thinks his sister is bat $&@? crazy. We all know about the prophecy and what better way to end the season by killing off Cersei at the Dragon Pit meeting.  I know this theory is too far fetched but I really think this is how it will go down.  Jamie kills Cersei and then they all agree that the White Walkers are the bigger threat and unite together.  

1 hour ago, Cyrix said:

I really think that this is the episode that Jamie betrays Cersei.  He thinks his sister is bat $&@? crazy. We all know about the prophecy and what better way to end the season by killing off Cersei at the Dragon Pit meeting.  I know this theory is too far fetched but I really think this is how it will go down.  Jamie kills Cersei and then they all agree that the White Walkers are the bigger threat and unite together.  

I would love that. But Jaime won't kill his pregnant sister (with his baby!). He thinks they're gonna start a dynasty like the Targaryen did. He is again in love with her. She gave him hope again. Sleeping with him, having a baby..Jaime is a bit naive when it comes to his sister.

6 minutes ago, Sasha said:

I would love that. But Jaime won't kill his pregnant sister (with his baby!). He thinks they're gonna start a dynasty like the Targaryen did. He is again in love with her. She gave him hope again. Sleeping with him, having a baby..Jaime is a bit naive when it comes to his sister.

Until she told him, she will kill him if he betrays her another time.

Archived