Matthew Goode, Teresa Palmer to Star in 'A Discovery of Witches'

AncalagonTheBlack

The TV adaptation of Deborah Harkness’ historical fantasy novel, A Discovery Of Witches, has set its lead cast. The Sky Original Production from Bad Wolf will star Hacksaw Ridge‘s Teresa Palmer as heroine Diana Bishop and Downton Abbey alum Matthew Goode as vampire Matthew Clairmont. Sky1 and Now TV will air in the UK and Ireland, Harkness announced on social media. Shooting begins next month at Wolf Studios in Wales.

Discovery Of Witches is the first installment of Harkness’ All Souls Trilogy, which has sold more than 3.5M copies worldwide.

Harkness will also executive produce, and Kate Brooke (Mr. Selfridge, The Forsyte Saga) will head up the writing team and act as showrunner.

British television giant Sky will air the series in the U.K., and a U.S. network will be announced in the coming weeks.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/22/matthew-goode-teresa-palmer-a-discovery-of-witches-tv-adaptation/

The vamps I cared for little, but I loved the witches, and particularly the family house.  I also loved the Elizabethan era sections.  For once there was a fictional version of Queen Elizabeth that showed her as just as terrifying as she must have been in the days of her reign.

Archived