White Walkers crossing the Wall possibilities

Please don't read if you haven't seen S07E06.

So now that the White Walkers have a dragon, I believe they will use it to cross the wall. This can be done in two ways: 1- the dragon flies all the White Walkers (it looks like there are 5-6 maximum) over the Wall, and then kills a bunch of people to create a new army of the dead; 2- the dragon flies some White Walkers over the Wall, kills the Night's Watch and opens the gates for the remaining White Walkers and the army of the dead to pass; 3- both 1 & 2.

Which one do you think it will be? Or do you still think the Wall will fall?

3 hours ago, Lord Highland said:

So now that the White Walkers have a dragon, I believe they will use it to cross the wall. This can be done in two ways: 1- the dragon flies all the White Walkers (it looks like there are 5-6 maximum) over the Wall, and then kills a bunch of people to create a new army of the dead; 2- the dragon flies some White Walkers over the Wall, kills the Night's Watch and opens the gates for the remaining White Walkers and the army of the dead to pass; 3- both 1 & 2.

In S04E04 you can see 14 WW when the NK turns Crasters Baby into a WW.

And when every boy of Craster is turned into a WW there must be much more even though the show only shows us 5-6.

There is a 3rd possibility: The Dragon is not a real ice dragon like the lore tells us from the books and burns down the wall.

5 hours ago, Lord Highland said:

Another possibility is flying to the sea, then south and west again (by passing the walll). Them attacking Eastwatch from the back and opening the gates..

5 hours ago, Fearodh said:

Or the Dragon has a frost breath and uses it to freeze over the ocean at eastwatch. The whole army walks over the ice and attacks eastwatch from the south.

I like it a lot. 

I just can't see an Ice Dragon "burning" down the wall, it would be nonsense. Your alternative is much better.

Furthermore, I'm not sure unViserion can still fly after his injuries. Maybe his ice breath will be his main tool.

Dragon fire being one of the strongest things, being needed to melt/break through the wall,and destroy the magic within it,  makes a lot of sense to me. 

Going around it by freezing the sea, or flying over it would make the wall and the magic within it rather pointless. 

10 minutes ago, Katrasay said:

Dragon fire being one of the strongest things, being needed to melt/break through the wall,and destroy the magic within it,  makes a lot of sense to me. 

Going around it by freezing the sea, or flying over it would make the wall and the magic within it rather pointless. 

I feel you, but an ice dragon breathing fire is hard to swallow

1 hour ago, Guilherme Rubira said:

I like it a lot. 

I just can't see an Ice Dragon "burning" down the wall, it would be nonsense. Your alternative is much better.

Furthermore, I'm not sure unViserion can still fly after his injuries. Maybe his ice breath will be his main tool.

In the books icedragons are made of living ice and are not related to the fire version.

UnViserion is strictly speaking no icedragon.

3 minutes ago, Marlom said:

In the books icedragons are made of living ice.

UnViserion is strictly speaking no icedragon.

Good point.
But if you think about it, unViserion still took an ice spear in the throat, maybe limiting his ability to breathe fire.
Even when reanimated, the wights still have limitations due to the way they died, like Lady Stoneheart.

Guys the Wall isn't just Ice.. It's the spells that keep the White Walkers out.. Many claim that this is not true.. But I think that  what kept them out of the place where the Three eyed Raven lived is what keep them north of the Wall.. Will the Wall fal? I used to believe that..(horn of Jorhamun) but I don't think such a thing will happen. When the NK touched Bran he marked hi. So he was able to pass in the cave/tree. Is it possible that Bran will have sth to do with this.. Possibly..Many even believe that Bran is the Nights King.. So of he has a part of himself south of the wall he can pass.. Maybe will will fly above the wall and when he pass it the spells will be broken..

Maybe the Wall's magic is gone because the Nights Watch isn't true.. Old Nan know things that not many ppl do...

"The monsters cannot pass so long as the Wall stands and the men of the Night's Watch stay true", that's what Old Nan used to say.

6 hours ago, Guilherme Rubira said:

I would agree with this if I hadn't lost faith in the show. They wanted their epic zombie dragon shot so badly they basically had all the characters struck with stupidity to facilitate it. No way they have enough self control to be like "well, realistically how can it still fly". Instead the logic will be "think how excited people will be when they see Dany and Jon on dragons squaring off against the NK on his in an epic aerial battle.

7 hours ago, TywinBestCharacter said:

I would agree with this if I hadn't lost faith in the show. They wanted their epic zombie dragon shot so badly they basically had all the characters struck with stupidity to facilitate it. No way they have enough self control to be like "well, realistically how can it still fly". Instead the logic will be "think how excited people will be when they see Dany and Jon on dragons squaring off against the NK on his in an epic aerial battle.

How can the undead still fight while they are not much more then bones (some of them).

How could the horse from season 3 (I think) still walk?

How could the bear from last episode still walk & attack ?

They all could do the same things like before they were undead, because the WW use magic. So it actually makes sense that an undead dragon can still fly and breathe fire. If it would breathe ice I would be surprised.

6 hours ago, Katrasay said:

There is no way in hell that they brought this dragon back, if it cant fly and breath Fire/ice. 

agreed

And the low number of WW on the show is indeed strange. There should be much more, even if the Night King only recruited Crester's babies (which would not make sense at all, why should he not also have turned little wildings?). I would have expected hundreds of White Walkers, which btw way would make the menace more believable - in the last, terrible, episode, I only thought, "that's the whole army of the dead? Really? Give me ten good men with dragon glass, no need to disturb Dany and Cersei."

As we're talking about the dragon: In The Door, they've killed some children of the forest - did they turn, too?

Archived