NBA 2017: Fleecing the East and Kyrie to Boston

Calibandar

31 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

I have skimmed the thread but can't find the typical playoff predictions. I am really interested to see what non Colorado people think about my Nuggets this year. 

I picked Paul Millsap to be a candidate for MVP this year. He's on a really good team. Nikola Jokic is no joke and Jamal Murray while being a bit streaky sometimes, can be a sniper. Wilson Chandler is solid. They're definitely a playoff team. I do think that they may compete with the Clippers for standing.

Here are my standings for the Western Conference playoff teams of 2018:

1. Golden State Warriors

2. San Antonio Spurs

3. Houston Rockets

4. Minnesota Timberwolves

5. Oklahoma City Thunder

6. Los Angeles Clippers/Denver Nuggets

7. Los Angeles Clippers/Denver Nuggets

8. Portland Trailblazers.

Man... That was rough. Good to see players acting with so much class afterwards tho. Hope Hayward recovers fully,  even if this is most likely a season ending injury. 

On the bright side,  the Warriors are in last place in the west for this one special day. 

1 minute ago, Calibandar said:

If that is season ending then it's just a massive, massive blow to the Celtics.

I'm sure Hayward will recover, question is how long it will take.

I have to think that's season ending.  Even if he were theoretically able to come back in the playoffs from a physical perspective, I don't think he'd be ready mentally.  

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

If that is season ending then it's just a massive, massive blow to the Celtics.

I'm sure Hayward will recover, question is how long it will take.

I wouldn't expect him back this year. Dislocated ankle joint, fractured distal tibia, and but hopefully no third degree ligament tears will take about 6 months to recover from... 

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, the already thin East got even thinner. They’re going to have some nobodies be All-Stars.

Otto Porter FTW!  If you want a 3 and D guy who can never create his own shot and is only a pretty good defender, he's your man! 

3 hours ago, Relic said:

I wouldn't expect him back this year. Dislocated ankle joint, fractured distal tibia, and but hopefully no third degree ligament tears will take about 6 months to recover from... 

It's really sad all things considered. End of the story for him, for the Celtics as well despite what they will say, and the East just got robbed of the only rivalry there would have been.

Well, Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum looked pretty good at least.

Word is that Hayward's injury is a sort of "best case scenario" for this kind of awful break -- clean fracture, no ligament or blood vessel damage, possibly about six months of recovery.

24 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Otto Porter FTW!  If you want a 3 and D guy who can never create his own shot and is only a pretty good defender, he's your man! 

Lol. How much did you guys pay for him again? On the plus side though, you guys are now number two in the East.

22 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

It's really sad all things considered. End of the story for him, for the Celtics as well despite what they will say, and the East just got robbed of the only rivalry there would have been.

I guess we’ll learn sooner than expected what they got in Tatum.

Also, I’ve heard that Fultz has looked absolutely dreadful in the preseason.

38 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, I’ve heard that Fultz has looked absolutely dreadful in the preseason.

In a full season of college basketball, I never saw him play once and I've not seen anything on him in the preseason.

At this point, I'm not even sure the guy actually exists.

12 hours ago, SkynJay said:

I have skimmed the thread but can't find the typical playoff predictions. I am really interested to see what non Colorado people think about my Nuggets this year. 

I'll give it a shot.

West:

1) Golden State

2) OKC

3) San Antonio

4) Houston

5) LA Clippers

6) Timberwolves

7) Portland

8) New Orleans

9) Denver

10 ) Memphis ( I don't like this team and Gasol is wasting the final year(s) of his basketball prime)

11) Lakers

12) Utah Jazz 

13) Suns ( better than last year )

14) Mavericks ( this team is dog shit)

15) Kings ( not as bad as we may think but still battles for last with Dallas)

I think the Clippers will be quite good. I have Denver at 9 basically because I like the young core of Minnesota better, because I am higher on a Lillard-McCollum-Nurkic trio than on what the Nuggets have, and because I think that despite the lack of a backcourt, Cousins and Davis are enough for a playoffs spot. For Denver, I am in wait and see mode on whether Harris and Murray are really good, but I like the team in general and think every position is well covered. Jokic could explode and the differences between Denver and the others are minimal.

I further think Memphis no longer makes it in the company of so many talented West teams. Utah is extremely dull now. Curious about the Lakers. 

East:

1) Believeland

2) Wizards

3) Celtics ( this is in light of the Hayward possibly season ending injury)

4) Raptors ( even without Hayward they are still not as good as Boston, I am not so sure that also applies to Washington)

5) Milwaukee Bucks ( I want to say they go 4th actually, with Jabari Parker back in Feb, but I suspect Raptor record might be a tad better. This to me is a much more exciting team).

6) Miami ( quite like this team as well, solid and with a chance to surprise bigger teams)

7) The Sixers. Yes, it will happen.

8 Detroit

9) Charlotte(  a complete snoozefest IMO).

After this I honestly have no idea who's the worst of them all.

Archived