NBA 2017: Fleecing the East and Kyrie to Boston

Calibandar

2 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Snip

With broad strokes I agree with you, but something stood out to me as I saw you break the West down all the way to the bitter end (hate to see DeAaron Fox stuck on a legit bad team, kid is excitement in a bottle) while giving up on the East after the top 9.  I'm generally not a fan of the idea of "reseeding the playoffs" or anything similar, but if you were to just take the 16 best teams in the league irrespective of conference... how high would New Orleans be seeded?  Think they'd reach the 5 seed in the "East"?  

36 minutes ago, Rhom said:

With broad strokes I agree with you, but something stood out to me as I saw you break the West down all the way to the bitter end (hate to see DeAaron Fox stuck on a legit bad team, kid is excitement in a bottle) while giving up on the East after the top 9.  I'm generally not a fan of the idea of "reseeding the playoffs" or anything similar, but if you were to just take the 16 best teams in the league irrespective of conference... how high would New Orleans be seeded?  Think they'd reach the 5 seed in the "East"?  

No they wouldn't.

11 hours ago, Relic said:

In today's episode of Sweatin' LeBron:

Dude hugs Kyrie

Consoles Hayward after his injury

Puts up 29 pts, 16 rebounds,  9 assists, 2 blks in 41 minutes on 12-19 shooting.  

GOAT 

I think he looked overrated...

And that was after not playing a preseason game and was basically a game time decision. You'd thought you'd see a little rust...nope. There is a reason why tmany team with LeBron runs their offense through him, he can do everything and do it all on another level.

6 hours ago, Rhom said:

In a full season of college basketball, I never saw him play once and I've not seen anything on him in the preseason.

At this point, I'm not even sure the guy actually exists.

Maybe he's just a :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

And that was after not playing a preseason game and was basically a game time decision. You'd thought you'd see a little rust...nope. There is a reason why tmany team with LeBron runs their offense through him, he can do everything and do it all on another level.

I think the fairest compliment you can pay LeBron is that he's the most complete player to ever play in the NBA.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think the fairest compliment you can pay LeBron is that he's the most complete player to ever play in the NBA.

I think you hit the nail on the head. He'll never have Jordan's killer instinct and maniac competition level and that's why he'll never surpass him.

You know, it was nice to see Kyrie and LeBron embrace and I thought it nice. But, I miss the NBA of my youth. When, you'd never give daps to an opposing player. I'm sure they had officer relationships back then, but man, it just feel like everyone is best friends at the end of the day. I say, the NBA needs some hate! I know the Dubs and Cavs have a little hate going on, but hell, haven't Durant and LeBron held off-season workouts together? Could you see MJ having the same with anyone not on the Bulls???? Different league now, I want those intense I wanna kill you rivalries. I want stare downs, and hard intentional fouls (Thank you Dray-Dray), I don't daps, handshakes and hugs!

Part of the problem is the way guys come up into the league.

They all know each other through AAU and have grown up together.  Those relationships have been forged long before they got to the association.

18 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

I think you hit the nail on the head. He'll never have Jordan's killer instinct and maniac competition level and that's why he'll never surpass him.

I don't think he has to win six or more titles and have Jordan's killer instinct to surpass him. In fact, I don't think it's wrong for someone to argue that he's already passed Jordan. That's not my position, but it's not as outlandish as it sounds. 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I don't think he has to win six or more titles and have Jordan's killer instinct to surpass him. In fact, I don't think it's wrong for someone to argue that he's already passed Jordan. That's not my position, but it's not as outlandish as it sounds. 

I don't agree, but I see where coming from.

I love your new look Wolves, by the way.

2 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

That's what I've been saying for the past few weeks.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

They all know each other through AAU and have grown up together.  Those relationships have been forged long before they got to the association.

The appeal of sports, particularly basketball and football, has always been primarily based on machismo (this is why the WNBA continues to flop and lose money.) And one of the things I find vexing is the idle chanting and schadenfreude of fans. I'm glad that this is becoming more of contest over skill and not some base, tribal simulation of conflict.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

I understand this. But, don't you wish for the good I'm days when it felt like a damn battle?

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Nope. I'd be shocked if that happened. Rookies don't win ball games in the NBA. 

Maybe not but they're fun. Simmons is going to be a superstar soon. Dude has no discernible shooting ability, struggles to finish at the rim because he's not strong enough....and is still an offensive terror. If you just surround him with shooters (i.e.: Redick, Covington, Bayless, Saric, hell even Embiid can make 3's) and let him make plays or attack the rim that's already a legit NBA offense. And they got a ton of size. Nothing like a team that has its 7'0" center hanging out at the 3 point line so the 6'10" PG has room to operate. 

On the downside: 

Two games into the season and Boston fans are already turning on Irving.  :lol:

"IT would have won that game"

Fan 1 "WTF is this man? This isn't Kyrie Irving." Fan 2. "This is Kyrie without LeBron."

"Should have kept IT and Crowder over bitch ass Irving"

16 hours ago, Rhom said:

Possibly but they could go just behind Milwaukee and Miami at no. 7.

Sixers almost beat the Wiz in Washington last night. It has begun Relic.

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

Sixers almost beat the Wiz in Washington last night. It has begun Relic.

I actually watched the end of that game after returning to my hotel totally trashed on some vile Greek liquor some folks made me drink here. The most impressive thing I saw was Embiid playing all of crunch time. If he does that for 75 games this year MAYBE they make the playoffs. And I agree with everyone else, it would be fun to see. 

Archived