Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yoren Luck

Tyrion's Coin

2 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the significance of the coin Tyrion handed to Jorah before he left Dragonstone?  I know he explained how he had come by it, but why did he give it to Jorah?  Was it just a gesture to show that he was hoping Jorah would return, or is there more it it than that?  Like more backstory I am forgetting, or some possible relevance in the future?

12 hours ago, Yoren Luck said:

Does anyone know the significance of the coin Tyrion handed to Jorah before he left Dragonstone?  I know he explained how he had come by it, but why did he give it to Jorah?  Was it just a gesture to show that he was hoping Jorah would return, or is there more it it than that?  Like more backstory I am forgetting, or some possible relevance in the future?

I do not think there's something special in that coin, other than the fact that Tyrion kept it as a reminder of a hard time in his life. And those hard times were shared with Jorah, so the coin represents also a bond with him. They were slaves together, and they managed to free themselves together despite the odds were not good. So, by giving Jorah the coin Tyrion is saying "I know the odds are against you, but hey... we won over the odds once, I hope you do it again"