The Unholy Consult post-release SPOILER thread IV

Gaston de Foix

1 hour ago, John D. said:

EDIT:

Or you can break it down as Ajokli speaking through his Kellhus-puppet from the Threshold onward?

Agree with what @Hello World said in response. But also (!) what is missing from the break down you point to above is: What was Kellhus' plan for the Golden Room if he didn't expect Ajokli to take over?

Anyway, it could simply be that Kellhus is so compromised by the point of the golden room that he had no plan for getting past a million skin spies with chorae. He was the walking manipulated, by that point.

It's like a paraphrase of Roger Rabbit

"You could have possessed him at any time?"

"No!...Only when it was funny!"

[mod] Folks, another small reminder: if someone shows up who you think is an alt of a banned user, a troll, or about whom you otherwise have concerns, please don't engage with them. Just report it to the mods and leave it there. As someone noted upthread, we have the tools to look into it. Nothing is gained by you responding to such accounts - it's just a little extra work for the moderators to clean up. [/mod]

On 8/28/2017 at 9:44 PM, Darth Richard II said:

What I want to know, is what the fuck wa she smoking when he came up with the MRA Dragon, cause seriously, wtf.

Are hideous, monstrous villains not allowed to belittle heroic characters during battles anymore?

It's not as if it's the first time a dragon ever took a weird, untoward interest in a human female, either.

1 hour ago, Batman and Chair said:

Are hideous, monstrous villains not allowed to belittle heroic characters during battles anymore?

It's not as if it's the first time a dragon ever took a weird, untoward interest in a human female, either.

Oh, let's do a weird dragon comparison! Which other dragons are you thinking about?

2 hours ago, Ajûrbkli said:

Rothfuss had opium-addicted dragons, that's sorta weird.

That was definitely weird, and the fact that it was the climax of the book was one of the things that made me not like TNotW as much as others.

I think dragons are pretty hard to get right and not be cheesy. Smaug and the ASoiAF dragons are the exceptions for me rather than the rule (and even the latter can get pretty cheesy sometimes). But I think Bakker's dragon in this book may be one of the worst dragons I've ever encountered in fiction. That dragon battle comes at the climax of the story, and all it made me do was consistently roll my eyes and make me embarrassed to be reading this book and author.

8 hours ago, Batman and Chair said:

I don't even know how to respond to this. Like, you don;t get how a dragon screaming about vagina(cunny) is hilariously cringe worthy?

I think Kellhus was being manipulated the moment he "broke" in the wilderness. He (and us) thought it was normal and expected, same for the many small instances of irrationality/feelings he had trough the series. 

That was his first and biggest test, he failed. After that Ajokli "had a way in"... I am sure Moe survived the wilderness, that's why he is not insane and Kellhus is

57 minutes ago, Lutarez said:

I think Kellhus was being manipulated the moment he "broke" in the wilderness. He (and us) thought it was normal and expected, same for the many small instances of irrationality/feelings he had trough the series. 

That was his first and biggest test, he failed. After that Ajokli "had a way in"... I am sure Moe survived the wilderness, that's why he is not insane and Kellhus is

I don't disagree but as Wuttereat would say: WHAT WAS KELLHUS's PLAN FOR THE GOLDEN ROOM??

I do get the feeling that he leaves a lot of things open for interpretation just so he can decide later on what he wants to do, like most of the characters' fates at the end of TUC being unknown and the Ajokli / Gilgaol descriptions being confusingly similar. I wouldn't be surprised if he did retcon on some things throughout the series, in fact I think he did retcon on Meppa being Moenghus, maybe even he didn't intend to bring Cnaiur back at first. There is no point asking him or quoting him on this because he can lie.

6 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

I don't even know how to respond to this. Like, you don;t get how a dragon screaming about vagina(cunny) is hilariously cringe worthy?

You just don't arbitrarily consider it outside the scope of what a character could do, even if they happen to be a dragon.

"Oh, how they should behave is..."

Oh ffs

Archived