The Unholy Consult post-release SPOILER thread IV

Gaston de Foix

I wonder if we will ever see his notes. Maybe after he dies or something like that. 

One of the biggest issue I have with the series is the feeling that there's so much more happening... reading the glossary is way more interesting than it should be. 

How many stories did Bakker hide from us ? How would TUC be with those instead of the canibalism ? ...

27 minutes ago, Lutarez said:

I wonder if we will ever see his notes. Maybe after he dies or something like that. 

One of the biggest issue I have with the series is the feeling that there's so much more happening... reading the glossary is way more interesting than it should be. 

How many stories did Bakker hide from us ? How would TUC be with those instead of the canibalism ? ...

Well, I'm sure a bunch of people will start screaming at me for this, but I thought one of the reasons we're all so "butthurt" is that there ISN'T any thing else happening.

I'm done ok. Regardless of what I say or how it comes across, I'm the enemy. So I just don't care to continue.

Darth, you explained what you said about the Ark. I seen it, over it. Sorry for throwing insults your way. Please forgive, that all I can ask for and say I'm sorry. Hope you accept.

What I meant by the Trump thing is that when you don't take other views into account and ignore a segment of people, things happen like Trump. This thread/forum has always been a place where if you don't agree with the majority, you are ganged up upon. If you all can't see that, then your view of reality is skewed. 

And so, into @Hello World, I had another poster of this thread, not one of the few mind you, pm me. His sentiments are the same as mine, and said he was glad I was saying what I have been. We talked. I said that this thread got me to love Bakker, the enlightening posts, the just all-around genius of so many of you. But, since the AMA, that's all this thread has been about. And, your wrong, if you go back further, I tried to steer conversation towards things moving forward in the books. But, again, I kept getting comments like "let it go" and "its in the AMA, it's all meaningless, just get over it man". When all I was trying to do was bring the thread back to discussing the books, not the author or each other. Then, yes, I got out of line and did the same shit and derailing the thread. Sorry, is all I can say. But, this poster noted all the same things I did, that the thread had turned into a Bakker hate fest and it was sad. Its not only me that sees it, I'm just the only one with enough balls to call you guys on it.

Sorry, for my non-editing. In mmy anger and haste, spell-check does what spell-check does. Sorry, guess that makes me illiterate...

31 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

I'm done ok. Regardless of what I say or how it comes across, I'm the enemy. So I just don't care to continue.

Darth, you explained what you said about the Ark. I seen it, over it. Sorry for throwing insults your way. Please forgive, that all I can ask for and say I'm sorry. Hope you accept.

What I meant by the Trump thing is that when you don't take other views into account and ignore a segment of people, things happen like Trump. This thread/forum has always been a place where if you don't agree with the few, you are ganged up upon. If you all can't see that, then your view of reality is skewed. 

And so, into @Hello World, I had another poster of this thread, not one of the few mind you, pm me. His sentiments are the same as mine, and said he was glad I was saying what I have been. We talked. I said that this thread got me to love Bakker, the enlightening posts, the just all-around genius of so many of you. But, since the AMA, that's all this thread has been about. And, your wrong, if you go back further, I tried to steer conversation towards things moving forward in the books. But, again, I kept getting comments like "let it go" and "its in the AMA, it's all meaningless, just get over it man". When all I was trying to do was bring the thread back to discussing the books, not the author or each other. Then, yes, I got out of line and did the same shit and derailing the thread. Sorry, is all I can say. But, this poster noted all the same things I did, that the thread had turned into a Bakker hate fest and it was sad. Its not only me that sees it, I'm just the only one with enough balls to call you guys on it.

Sorry, for my non-editing. In mmy anger and haste, spell-check does what spell-check does. Sorry, guess that makes me illiterate...

:(:(

34 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

I absolutely loved the final sorweel chapter. Heart hammering throughout, brilliantly crafted tension, epic ending with Kelmomas. And foreshadows the finale outcome as well. Some of he best writing Bakker has done, I think.

I wholly agree with this. I have to say, much I enjoy Bakker, I find there to be very few moments of genuine beauty in his novels. Things are usually so horrifying and semen-heavy that, while I'm definitely feeling, it's rare I get sad (it's usually horror or despair haha).

But I found much of Sorweel's arc to have genuine beauty and his finals moments were he was seemingly embraced by paradise were beautifully written and conveyed. It honestly almost convinced me that maybe there's a genuine flip side to the horror of damnation.

Randomly, one of the only other moments of beauty and heartbreak I experienced was the end of WLW with the burning of Nil'giccas. Mimara knows that he is screaming somewhere (in Hell). She then prays for him, and thinks there's no harm in prayers. Such a bleak and heartbreaking thought and moment. 

14 hours ago, Lutarez said:

The decapatant head swapping bit...it was like some found footage horror movie bit, just the briefest peep of something magnificently fucked up.

Okay, so he's pulling his own head off? Is that even possible?

He's raving? Is he raving, a Dunyain? Or is it a demon head raving? Or he just absolutely lost it.

And he's pulling his own freakin' head off! A Dunyain, who make such a big deal about control and...what is this shit? Where did his rationality think it was going with this bat shit insane stuff? And for his rationality thinking it was going somewhere rational with it, how freakin' insane did it actually go?

Yes, a bit freaked out by that glossary entry! Gawd's sake...

2 hours ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

Quick clarifying question. The Outside exists outside of time, correct?

Probably more outside A time, rather than all time. But the godlings can't see that they can't see all, so to them it's outside all time. But I can't prove that with a quote.

9 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Whoa, you can't just say positive things about Bakker here, man. That's against policy. *calls thought police*

This coming from the man who has done more Bakker hating then everyone on the board combined. Please, Darth Richard. Your trolling knows no bounds.

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

Can we please all move on to acceptance and get on with it? Let's all agree that different people have different levels of satisfaction about TUC and the AMA and different interpretations about what it means. We can talk about all that without calling each other wrong or stupid.

9 hours ago, lokisnow said:

I absolutely loved the final sorweel chapter. Heart hammering throughout, brilliantly crafted tension, epic ending with Kelmomas. And foreshadows the finale outcome as well. Some of he best writing Bakker has done, I think.

Another great piece of foreshadowing, proving Bakker just doesn't make it up as he goes along.

He turned from the view to the room’s single table and dropped onto the stool, or what passed for one—it looked like something salvaged from a wrecked ship. He wet his quill and unrolling a small scroll across scattered sheets of parchment, wrote: Fords of Tywanrae. Same. Burning of the Library of Sauglish. Different. See my face and not S in mirror.

Library of Sauglish was burned by Dragon fire with Akka and Cleric doing battle with Wutteat. This comes all the way back from TDTCB. 

Buddy, if you think I'm the number one Bakker hater, don't venture into the old Bakker threads from years ago, your heart won't take it. And please stop trying to start fights, cause that's all you're doing now, and frankly I'm getting sick of your bullshit.

13 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Please do, I'm a big boy. Fire away.

I think your previous activity here on the last few weeks have proved that you are not.

1 minute ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Another great piece of foreshadowing, proving Bakker just doesn't make it up as he goes along.

Library of Sauglish was burned by Dragon fire with Akka and Cleric doing battle with Wutteat. This comes all the way back from TDTCB. 

Can you elaborate on the second quote? What's the scene and whose POV is that?

5 minutes ago, unJon said:

Can we please all move on to acceptance and get on with it? Let's all agree that different people have different levels of satisfaction about TUC and the AMA and different interpretations about what it means. We can talk about all that without calling each other wrong or stupid.

Of course we can. But, you do realize that we/I was trying to do that for a couple threads and being called wrong and stupid and not letting go? Yet, it lies on me when I defend myself? Didn't see you giving those same people the levels of grief...

ETA: it's only when we choose to defend the book and author that we are crucified and told to, "Just let it go, man!".

Archived