So what if Sansa DID tell Jon?

UFT

about the army of arryns. 

heres my probable timeline. 

- jon pulls back from the battle, doesn't taunt ramsay and waits for the cav to join up with his smaller force. ramsay senses hes outmatched and pulls back to the walls. 

- they slowly construct equipment for a siege or they let wun wun try but wun wun would be immediately pelted by everything ramsay and smalljon got before he ever reaches the portcullis. 

the allied army slowly crumbles into nothing in the freezing cold as supplies dwindle and men desert to go back to their families to prepare for the onset of winter, or war amongst themselves about having to be allied with wildlings and southerners. jon plans a last desperate assault and is utterly slaughtered stannis-style along with sansa and baelish. arya rides south and kills cersei, prompting jaime to take command assuming he is spared from arya's list. 

dany arrives and although she loses alot of men, she decimates jaime's entire bolton/karstark/lannister/tarly alliance with drogon until they bend the knee. the realm is pretty much totally united at this point under her.

what do you guys think.

21 hours ago, UFT said:

about the army of arryns. 

heres my probable timeline. 

- jon pulls back from the battle, doesn't taunt ramsay and waits for the cav to join up with his smaller force. ramsay senses hes outmatched and pulls back to the walls. 

- they slowly construct equipment for a siege or they let wun wun try but wun wun would be immediately pelted by everything ramsay and smalljon got before he ever reaches the portcullis. 

the allied army slowly crumbles into nothing in the freezing cold as supplies dwindle and men desert to go back to their families to prepare for the onset of winter, or war amongst themselves about having to be allied with wildlings and southerners. jon plans a last desperate assault and is utterly slaughtered stannis-style along with sansa and baelish. arya rides south and kills cersei, prompting jaime to take command assuming he is spared from arya's list. 

dany arrives and although she loses alot of men, she decimates jaime's entire bolton/karstark/lannister/tarly alliance with drogon until they bend the knee. the realm is pretty much totally united at this point under her.

what do you guys think.

I can't see this happening.  The KotV showed up during the BotB on the day Jon planned his attack.  Had he known they were coming, I imagine they would have just waited a little longer before starting.  If they had showed up as 1 force, Ramsay may have retreated back, sure.  But Davos and Jon had a good plan going into the battle, and I think they could have worked something out where the KotV flanked the Bolton army to cut them off from a retreat back to WF.  They could've anticipated what Ramsay would have done if they just showed up in force.  The whole reason Ramsay agreed to meet in the open field was because he knew he had them outnumbered.  They would have planned to have the element of surprise.  In my opinion anyways...

Nothing would have changed. Jon didn't want to go around asking other Northerners for help because of the weather. For Jon to wait around for the Valesmen to arrive it would have had to be a certainty and it wasn't. They had no idea LF and the Vale would respond to their call and I don't see Jon trusting LF to come through after he betrayed Sansa. I think Jon would have seriously questioned Sansa's judgment if she'd told him she'd written LF. 

I think the the writers/showrunners messed up by having Sansa stand beside LF during the battle because it led people to assume she knew exactly when they'd come, but there's nothing that indicates it was some devious plan on her part since the start or that it was an act of betrayal. 

how can it be betrayal when jon fucked everything up and thus needed to be saved like that?

their plan was a cannae style encirclement. not getting themselves charged and encircled. not that sansa held anything against jon for that. 

Archived