Lightspeed in Westeros and across the Narrow Sea.

Shaba1

Has anyone else noticed how the characters in GoT the season and at the final 3 episidodes of last season seems to travel the vast distances across Westeros in like a few minutes. In Season 1 Cersi says to Robert when he want to go straight to the Winterfell crypt to see Lyanna that they had been on the road for a month. But somehow Dany just flys with her three dragons from Dragonstone to beyond the wall in like minutes?????

You can't really compare them though can you? Traveling with a dragon is obviously going to be way faster than a chariot with horses that probably goes like 10 mph and also needs to take breaks and go through the landscapes

dany pretty much has her own private jet compared to everyone else

41 minutes ago, Kingslayer96 said:

You can't really compare them though can you? Traveling with a dragon is obviously going to be way faster than a chariot with horses that probably goes like 10 mph and also needs to take breaks and go through the landscapes

dany pretty much has her own private jet compared to everyone else

Before Dany takes off in her own private jet, she still had to wait for the world's fastest, healthiest raven get to Dragonstone in the first place, covering.........at least the length of half the continent? 

8 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Before Dany takes off in her own private jet, she still had to wait for the world's fastest, healthiest raven get to Dragonstone in the first place, covering.........at least the length of half the continent? 

Yeah the Raven was pretty fast lol

I think it is because the EXP and the writers knew that this would be the final season and from what I read on Wikipedia it was originally supposed to be a 13 episode season, then 10 episodes and finally settled on 7 episodes. 

So they were working with 6 fewer then they had planned and had to get the major plot poinst in at the expense of character development and  paciing.

On 8/25/2017 at 1:21 PM, Lady Fevre Dream said:

IN all fairness, for a creature the size of one of the Dragons, in order to fly it would have to do so at approximately 200 mph. 

4 hours ago, Error-504 said:

IN all fairness, for a creature the size of one of the Dragons, in order to fly it would have to do so at approximately 200 mph. 

I think the G-forces of that would kill Dany or at least throw her off the dragon as she just kind of "holds on"

9 hours ago, Azai said:

I think the G-forces of that would kill Dany or at least throw her off the dragon as she just kind of "holds on"

g-force is a product of acceleration, not speed. Race car drivers routinely do 200 mph. now, the holding on part might be a bit problematic, she would not be able to sit up for sure, but crouched down, laying on the dragon would be possible still. But it would be cold!

13 hours ago, Error-504 said:

IN all fairness, I was pointing out that even IF we hand wave away Dany and Drogon the personal plane and how that would work, we are still left with the problem of the raven flying almost the same distance.  That must be the fastest, luckiest, healthiest raven in all the Seven Kingdoms.  Put IT on the IT. 

Some guy did maths about distances, raven speed and lake icing. And happily, they seem to match. But Jon & Co would have stayed 4-5 days on that island. But given how a normal sword freeze in contact of a WW, I believe they could have attack much sooner. And there are still too much things too much convenient in the whole plot.

Here the link

Archived