U.S. Politics: The (Debt) Ceiling's the Limit

Yukle

1 minute ago, Mexal said:

Timing is everything. Want to pardon a racist? Do it during a cat 4 hurricane. Ultimate distraction. 

Don't give him too much credit. He wanted to do it during his speech in Pheonix and was talked out of it. The timing is likely purely coincidental.

Timing is everything. Want to pardon a racist? Do it during a cat 4 hurricane. Ultimate distraction. 

No fucking way.  Tell me he didn't.  NO FUCKING WAY. 

Y'all wanna keep arguing that we shouldn't take a firm stand against the white supremacists?

Just now, Dr. Pepper said:

No fucking way.  Tell me he didn't.  NO FUCKING WAY. 

Y'all wanna keep arguing that we shouldn't take a firm stand against the white supremacists?

Oh he did. 

He is okay with racists violating the constitutional rights of people, he's okay with nazis and other white supremacists. He's a white supremacist and a fascist. Luckily he is too fucking egotistical and incompetent to listen to those that are more competent that also have fascist cravings 

2 minutes ago, Sword of Doom said:

Oh he did. 

He is okay with racists violating the constitutional rights of people, he's okay with nazis and other white supremacists. He's a white supremacist and a fascist. Luckily he is too fucking egotistical and incompetent to listen to those that are more competent that also have fascist cravings 

I don't know if there's any 'luckily' to be had here.  

I knew it would happen but I'm still in shock that his first pardon is to this shitbag who jailed people for being brown.  My stomach is in knots.  

3 minutes ago, Shryke said:

Don't give him too much credit. He wanted to do it during his speech in Pheonix and was talked out of it. The timing is likely purely coincidental.

I doubt it was coincidental. I get that he wanted to do it in Arizona and was likely talked out of it but I also think they saw an opportunity so did it tonight.

Transgender ban gets signed today, reports of him tearing up DACA and now pardoning Arpaio. Quite the day.

8 minutes ago, Mexal said:

That, an this happened today too.

Six public relations firms with ties to former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort or former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn have received subpoenas from special counsel Robert Mueller, ABC News has learned from sources with knowledge of the situation.

The subpoenas relate to the probe Mueller is leading that is investigating Russian interference into the 2016 presidential election and potential Russian collusion with Trump campaign associates.

Manafort has faced scrutiny over past lobbying work done on behalf of the government of Ukraine, ultimately requiring him to register as a foreign agent in July. That month, the FBI executed a search warrant on Manafort's Virginia home.

Hey Trumpie, Bobbie Three Sticks is coming for you.

Arpaio is an early supporter of Trump's, so he's doing him a solid. Also, Arpaio is an openly white supremacist violent bigot who acts above the law and gets away with it. So he's one of Trump's people ideologically too.

You should read the pardon. It's short. At no point does it ever mention the actual charges or the case or any reason for the pardon other then "I like him and he hates immigrants".

I doubt it was coincidental. I get that he wanted to do it in Arizona and was likely talked out of it but I also think they saw an opportunity so did it tonight.

Transgender ban gets signed today, reports of him tearing up DACA and now pardoning Arpaio. Quite the day.

Yeah, just saw all the other shit going down tonight so you are probably right.

Trump has told law enforcement that the laws don't apply to them and to the American people that transgender people can't be discriminated against.

It's not even a dog whistle. he's just furthering his war on immigrants, people of color, and the LGBTQ community. He's such a bag of shit, and my hate for his supporters just gets stronger and stronger. 

Just now, Shryke said:

Arpaio is an early supporter of Trump's, so he's doing him a solid. Also, Arpaio is an openly white supremacist violent bigot who acts above the law and gets away with it. So he's one of Trump's people ideologically too.

You should read the pardon. It's short. At no point does it ever mention the actual charges or the case or any reason for the pardon other then "I like him and he hates immigrants".

I honestly can't wait for Arpaio to die. It doesn't even matter how he dies. 

2 minutes ago, Mexal said:

It's good cover. This weekend will be all about the wreckage in Texas, they get to accuse critics of putting Politics over people affected by tragedy.

There's been even more recently on the Russia front:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/21/us/rinat-akhmetshin-russia-trump-meeting.html?mcubz=3

That meeting where Trump made a deal with the Russians to influence the election also has a new attendee.

A man with deep ties to Russian-backed hacking campaigns, Rinat Akhmetshin, was at the meeting. The reason he came?

Donald J. Trump Jr. has said the promise of damaging information about Hillary Clinton was just an excuse for Ms. Veselnitskaya to get into Trump Tower to talk about why the law should be changed. Mr. Akhmetshin, a Washington resident, has told reporters that he just happened to be lunching with Ms. Veselnitskaya in Manhattan that day when she spontaneously invited him to the meeting with the president’s son, son-in-law Jared Kushner and Mr. Manafort. He did not explain why she wanted him there.

An excuse that's just insulting and they know it.

5 hours ago, BloodRider said:

Ha.  You wish.  Not even his supporters read his book.  Also - didn't you get banned?

I started a Milo thread a while back that was locked, but I wasn't banned. 

4 hours ago, Sword of Doom said:

So you actively support  pedophile apologist? You should read a book on morality and ethics instead of a book by an abusive bigoted pedophilia apologist edgelord.

Milo apologized for his reckless comments. He is a victim not perpetrator of pedophila. He was talking about his own experience as a willing victim. 

And this is happening too............

BOSTON, MA — A great fissure between the federal government and state policies on marijuana use continues to widen, and Massachusetts has found itself on the opposite side of the Trump administration. Now, as a the Boston Globe reports that the National Marijuana Initiative, a branch of an anti-drug task force within the White House, seeks to acquire Massachusetts data on medical cannabis users, some advocates are worried that privacy rights are at risk.

Don Quigley, the deputy coordinator of the initiative, requested data on 40,000 registered medical marijuana users in the state, according to the Globe. The data would remain anonymized, Quigley said, and is only part of a wider effort to collect such data by the federal government.

8 minutes ago, DraculaAD1972 said:

I started a Milo thread a while back that was locked, but I wasn't banned. 

Milo apologized for his reckless comments. He is a victim not perpetrator of pedophila. He was talking about his own experience as a willing victim. 

LMAO no he wasn't. Stop being an apologist. He's scum, as are his fanboys. 

This administration's only policy is opposing everything Obama did and being as vindictive as possible. And that vindictive behavior is totally brought on because of Trumps bigotry.

Don't worry, this won't be the last pardon the sack of shit does. Flynn, Manafort, etc, will be next.

But he's draining the swamp guys!!!!!!!!! 

42 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Sigh.  No, I haven't been arguing that a conservative approach to, say, health care or education are not valid points of view.

We're talking about naziism.  Nazis.  NAZI.  We're talking about a group of people seeking to commit genocide against other groups of people.  This is not a valid ideology that should be protected by free speech no more than active pedophilia is a balid ideology that should be protected by free speech.  

Yes, you're absolutely correct.  This is a superior way of viewing this issue and serves as a more valid argument. 

49 minutes ago, Shryke said:

Inciting violence is I think not the core problem, although there are issues with that.

The greater threat is allowing speech that is itself a threat to the system that allows that speech in the first place. A free democratic society can foster political movements that will destroy that free and democratic society if you let them. Free speech is a means to an end, not an end unto itself.

You start confusing the two and you end up with white supremacists running your country and subverting the democratic process because, hey, turns out they openly want to implement a herrenvolk democracy.

The problem that both of you seem to be overlooking is that if you create an exception here, and deny one group the right of free speech. you can do the same to other groups. It's a very slippery slope.  In any  event as pointed out the Supreme Court would not agree with either one of you on this.  Ive mention twice  Supreme Court ruling Matal vs Tam.    You can't just arbitrary take a person or groups right free speech because you find it heinous .   

6 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

The problem that both of you seem to be overlooking is that if you create an exception here, and deny one group the right of free speech. you can do the same to other groups. It's a very slippery slope.  In any  event as pointed out the Supreme Court would not agree with either one of you on this.  Ive mention twitch Supreme Court ruling Matal vs Tam.    

Ok, so you support the right of pedophiles holding rallies to openly recruit other pedophiles and sell the word about pedophilia and paint it as a desirable thing?  

I'm asking your opinion, not the opinion of the supreme court.  The courts get things wrong all the time.  

Archived