Danielos

Which are your three favourite and three least favourite characters in GoT?

28 posts in this topic

Favorite 3:

1.) Daenerys: Favorite since the beggining through season 7. Captivated by her growth in season 1 from meek damaged girl into fierce Mother of Dragons. The need to know how her story ended led me to pick up the books and joke on me when I got to AFFC and realized wait no Dany in this book no way this can finish in five books crap! 

2.) Tywin: Second favorite character through season 1-4. He is a cruel evil guy but the way he was portrayed by Charles Dance was captivating and a perfect personaification of cynical pragmatism. 

3.) Jon: Didn’t care for him through the first three seasons but became one of my favroites from season 4 onwards. 

Least favorite: 

1.) sand snakes: nuff said

2.) sam and gilly: their story really bored me when they were in scenes by themselves 

3.) Bran: was boring until season 6

Fav: Jaime, Brienne, Ned

Least Fav: LF, Walder Frey, Ellaria and the sand snakes

Favorites scenes with

ARYA -- I very much liked her in seasons 1 to 4, and still quite like the character in seasons 5-7. She was so a tomboyish, cute, courageous and brave little girl. I did not so much enjoy the "faceless" stuff, though.

JAMIE -- Quite a balanced mixture of honor, heart and tough soldier and being a quite typical Lannister, too.

BRONN -- likeable character, tough, even if only a side-kick

like also Tywin, Olenna, Brienne, Margery, Thormund, Davos

Littlefinger is a mean character but a great role; Varys is a great role and good actor, but the character itself is not very likeable anyway

Least liked scenes with

BRAN -- All this 3-eyed raven stuff is boring and to absurd. Too many scenes without any real action.

THEON -- what a despisable guy. Weak, dumb, unmanly. Many bad scenes. 

PODRICK -- boring, nonsense, could miss completely without loosing anything

No one mentions Meera Reeds?

I think there's something mysterious and fascinating in the devotion of this young woman for a cause and a mission that are neither obvious nor rewarding ...

11 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Meera Reeds?

Well, her role is too minor to mention her as favorite or least-liked, I guess. But yes, she plays nice and the character is likeable. Personally, I don't like the whole Bran story too much, though.

Edited by Kajjo

7 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

No one mentions Meera Reeds?

I think there's something mysterious and fascinating in the devotion of this young woman for a cause and a mission that are neither obvious nor rewarding ...

If she wasn't caught up in Bran's storyline, which while very important, has always been something of a snore fest on my part, then sure. 
She's likable, but far from favorite-material imo.

There are so many great character, it's hard to pick only three.

Favorites:

Arya
Tyrion
Missandei

Honorable Mention: Bronn, Davos, The Hound, Oberyn

Least Favorite:

Grand Maester Pycelle
Janos Slynt
Mace Tyrell

Dishonorable Mention: Little Finger