Favorite encounters that never happened

Lord Highland

I have wondered many times about how different characters that never met in the series, would interact (not fight) with each-other.  Tywin & Jon Arryn, Tywin & Ned, Tywin & Robert, Ned & Stannis, Tywin & Stannis, Stannis & Oberyn, Robert & Randyll, etc. I'm especially curious about Tywin and Robert, because Tywin has always been in control of the situation, but he could have been more careful with the King. On the other hand Robert didn't really bother restraining from offending and cursing, but would he do it with Tywin?

Then my second pick would be Tywin and Stannis, just because they have the most unbreakable characters.

• 4 months later...

For whatever reason I am getting deju vu on this post.  Great question @Lord Highland and I like your responses.  Stannis and Tywin is probably my number 1 pairing on the page, but Melisdandre and Moqorro, Mance Rayder and Tyrion Lannister, Eddard Stark and Danerys Targaryen, and Robert Baratheon and Asha Greyjoy are all pairings that would have amused or fascinated me in the books.

19 minutes ago, divica said:

Robert and jon after both knowing R+L=J

That's a tough one. Bob is the biggest Stark fan boy in the series. He also hates Targaryens. Would his love for the Starks win out? Or would his hate for Targaryens?

It would be better if Jon was a female or if Bobby B bedded men as well as women. That way he would literally want to kill and sleep with Rhaegar's kid that looks like Ned and Lyanna.

Others showdowns I'd like to see happen but probably won't

Wun Wun vs Viserion

Ghost vs Borroq's demon Boar

Ser. Pounce and Lady Whiskers vs Balerion the cat.

36 minutes ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Wun Wun vs Viserion

Ghost vs Borroq's demon Boar

Ser. Pounce and Lady Whiskers vs Balerion the cat.

You're quick tonight.  

I hate myself for thinking this, but Dany and Aemon or Arya & Cat or Robb.  I would love to hear Cersei & Stannis.   Anyone with Stannis is usually entertaining.   

1 hour ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Melisdandre and Moqorro, 

Oh wouldn't that just be the most fun!  Wonder what Mel's reaction to Moqorro's telling her Dany is Azor Ahai with dragons. 

I wonder how Ned and Mel or Cat and Mel would have hit it off? 

19 hours ago, Sigella said:

Dany and maester Aemon. It would be heartbreakingly sweet for both sides.

I was sad when that didn't happen.

I could even see the the senile Maester Aemon rejoicing, "Aeg! You finally did it!"  Then realizing was old and crying about being old, but happy about seeing a dragon.

It could have made a great chapter.

3 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

I would love to hear Cersei & Stannis.   Anyone with Stannis is usually entertaining.   

Yeah, I'd specifically want to see how Stannis would have reacted if Cersei gave Stannis the same offer to sleep with him that she gave Ned to keep the incest quiet. I doubt Stannis would have given Cersei the cheeky" did Jon Arryn get the same offer" reply. Part of me thinks Stannis might have seriously considered taking Cersei's offer, if only because Cersei claimed to never have had true intercourse with Robert. Stannis could have at least done one thing Robert never did. 

3 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

I wonder how Ned and Mel or Cat and Mel would have hit it off? 

Cat's pretty devout to the Seven and Ned the Old Gods. I think they'd be pissed if Mel tried to burn the sept and weirdwood trees. Mel and Robb though, if the Westerling girl was able to seduce Robb I don't think he'd have a chance against Mel, especially if she started winning him battles by burning kittens or something. 

1 hour ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Yeah, I'd specifically want to see how Stannis would have reacted if Cersei gave Stannis the same offer to sleep with him that she gave Ned to keep the incest quiet. I doubt Stannis would have given Cersei the cheeky" did Jon Arryn get the same offer" reply. Part of me thinks Stannis might have seriously considered taking Cersei's offer, if only because Cersei claimed to never have had true intercourse with Robert. Stannis could have at least done one thing Robert never did. 

Okay, I’m not a huge fan of Stannis, but Cersei offering to sleep with him is hands down the perfect setup for one of his put-downs. People underestimate how quick Stannis is with his insults, and he is super uncomfortable around women. Sex is not enjoyable to him, and he would take far greater satisfaction through breaking Cersei down verbally then arresting her.

4 minutes ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

Cersei Lannister and Lysa Arryn. Two crazy women who murdered their husbands together.

I must say I think this is a great idea.

Also, Ned-Tywin, Robb-Daenerys, Stannis-Daenerys. I'd say Daenerys with almost every important noble in Westeros, since we rarely saw any.

7 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

It would be better if Jon was a female or if Bobby B bedded men as well as women. That way he would literally want to kill and sleep with Rhaegar's kid that looks like Ned and Lyanna.

That's not better that's horrifying!!!

3 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Cat's pretty devout to the Seven and Ned the Old Gods. I think they'd be pissed if Mel tried to burn the sept and weirdwood trees. Mel and Robb though, if the Westerling girl was able to seduce Robb I don't think he'd have a chance against Mel, especially if she started winning him battles by burning kittens or something. 

Reading through the posts you would think Stannis and Mel would be a hot pairing.   It's just so odd having them together--I would expect Stannis to be more er, uncomfortable with her.   He is the king of putting folks in their place after all.  

Burning kittens--egad!   That's just so Mel.  For the sake of  discussion, there is a remote chance that Mel could run into Lady Stoneheart which would be really interesting to read from Mel's perspective.  

6 hours ago, Forest Lass said:

asha and arya! despite the beef between greyjoys and starks id say they were meant to be homies

Great pairing here, I hadn't considered them.  Would be very interesting if it happens that they end up together.  Does Asha know that fArya is Jeyne or does she think she has met Arya?

Some other pairings I forgot on my first post:

Walder Frey and Jaime Lannister would be fun... a couple of wisecrackers who feel (or felt) fairly secure in their positions.

Strong Belwas and Meryn Trant or Janos Slynt

Daario Naharis and Khal Drogo

Archived