Minor characters/plots you care in asoiaf

I forgot all about Alys Karstark - hers is an interesting story to be sure.

I am all about the sudden new manifestation of women rulers in the North, Lady Eddarra Tallhart, who is a child, Lady Jonelle Cerwyn, etc. I am interested to see what comes of the Glovers, too. The heir is a child yet the dowager, Lady Sybella appears to be a little silly. 

I am also very curious to see the inner workings of a motherhouse, or at least to be presented with a good-hearted, pious yet erudite septa. The septas around Cersei were horrid caricatures, and the one attached to the royal family doesn't seem very impressive. 

I also find myself wanting more exposure to the Dornish aristocracy in a way that doesn't revolve around the Sand Snakes, 

Alayaya (she seems really nice, and I hope she does learn to read). 

Marei (she has silvery hair, and is teaching Chataya's girls to read, which makes me wonder if she's a more notable person than she appears to be, and I don't mean in a hidden Targ way)

Missandei (she doesn't really seem to have a plot other than being Dany's sidekick, I always feel like she's going to betray Dany though, because she keeps promising she won't.  On the other hand I really want her to truly be this sweet innocent girl forever) 

Whatever children have been hidden in the Water Gardens. I want to know who they are! 

Hot Pie (because Hot Pie)

Ser Hyle Hunt (for some reason I really like that guy)

Septon Meribald & Dog 

The Veiled Lady (courtesan in Braavos, I think she's Westerosi, and I wanna know who she is) 

Anyone Dayne & Hightower (so mysterious)

The Ghost of High Heart & Jenny of Oldstones.

All the other courtesans in Braavos fascinate me.

Shireen

Wun Wun (hope they don't kill him)

Squirrel (Mance's spearwive, hope she escapes) 

The whole BWB storyline, but mainly.....

- Piper & Vance and their scheming alongside the Brotherhood

- Thoros

- Lem Lemoncloak

- Edric Dayne

- The whole Vale storyline and how LF will influence the various Vale lords, also the Harry the Heir arc.

- Darkstar

- Rickon & Shaggydog

- Hugo Wull and whether he actually gets to bathe in Bolton blood. [winning the battle alongside Stannis will do]  The small amount of dialogue he has is awesome, I want to see more........

I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter. Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for the Ned's little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue

9 hours ago, Grazdan zo Azer said:

I also want to add Willas Tyrell. Why is this guy not married?

I'd wager that it could be "crippled" and thus "ill omened" leading to marriage offers from not very powerful and/or rich houses. Making Mace turn down such offers. Also, Mace could be holding out for "the Big One" ... whatever that might be.

As Mace has married son no.2 to a Noble House having Willas wither on the vine as an old bachelor is not much of a waste ... and keeps the option of "marriage to Highgarden Heir" open for alliance purposes. Cunning git, Mace is ...

Or maybe Willas had his testicles crushed together with his femur (?) tibia?

15 hours ago, Daena the Defiant said:

I forgot all about Alys Karstark - hers is an interesting story to be sure.

I am all about the sudden new manifestation of women rulers in the North, Lady Eddarra Tallhart, who is a child, Lady Jonelle Cerwyn, etc. I am interested to see what comes of the Glovers, too. The heir is a child yet the dowager, Lady Sybella appears to be a little silly. 

I am also very curious to see the inner workings of a motherhouse, or at least to be presented with a good-hearted, pious yet erudite septa. The septas around Cersei were horrid caricatures, and the one attached to the royal family doesn't seem very impressive. 

I also find myself wanting more exposure to the Dornish aristocracy in a way that doesn't revolve around the Sand Snakes, 

Her husband, Robett Glover, is alive. So does his brother Galbart who is sunning with Maege in the Neck. 

I am really interested in what Robett will do in the coming war/revenge against the Bolton, what his role will be in Manderly's conspiracy and if he will be reunited with his Sybelle and his children. 

7 hours ago, Tijgy said:

Her husband, Robett Glover, is alive. So does his brother Galbart who is sunning with Maege in the Neck. 

I am really interested in what Robett will do in the coming war/revenge against the Bolton, what his role will be in Manderly's conspiracy and if he will be reunited with his Sybelle and his children. 

Ah! Good to know. Thank you for the correction.

14 hours ago, TMIFairy said:

I'd wager that it could be "crippled" and thus "ill omened" leading to marriage offers from not very powerful and/or rich houses. Making Mace turn down such offers. Also, Mace could be holding out for "the Big One" ... whatever that might be.

As Mace has married son no.2 to a Noble House having Willas wither on the vine as an old bachelor is not much of a waste ... and keeps the option of "marriage to Highgarden Heir" open for alliance purposes. Cunning git, Mace is ...

Or maybe Willas had his testicles crushed together with his femur (?) tibia?

Arianne Martell. Think about it, either Arianne becomes Lady of the Reach, or Willas' kids become princes and princesses of Dorne. Garlan could easily take over at Highgarden. It would also potentially end the feuding between their two houses. Arianne actually tried to sneak into the Reach and offer herself to Willas once, IIRC. 

Personally I think a Willas-Asha marriage is a fun possibility.

all the women Ransay hunted
Jeyne & Willow Heddle
Hot Pie
Robar Royce who let Brienne go and was killed by Loras
Hyle Hunt
Alesandre Frey
Raynard Westerling
Irri, Jiqui, Missandei, Aggo, Jhogo, Rakharo
Ser Creighton and Ser Shadrich who seem to have strolled straight out of the Dunk novellas into ASOIF
Dick Crab
Jaime's squires

Others I don't consider minor:
Pod, Brynden Rivers, Brynden Tully

2 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Arianne Martell. Think about it, either Arianne becomes Lady of the Reach, or Willas' kids become princes and princesses of Dorne. Garlan could easily take over at Highgarden. It would also potentially end the feuding between their two houses. Arianne actually tried to sneak into the Reach and offer herself to Willas once, IIRC. 

Then perhaps Willas' correspondence with Oberyn was a way of keeping contacts open.

Dolorous Edd, Cressen, Howland Reed, and Jeyne Poole.

Also, funny little details about characters when they were children (eg. Ned Stark once emphasized the importance of being loud enough to issue commands in battle, so Robb and Jon would shout at each other as loud as they could from opposite ends of Winterfell.)

1 hour ago, Wizz-The-Smith said:

The whole BWB storyline, but mainly.....

- Piper & Vance and their scheming alongside the Brotherhood

- Thoros

- Lem Lemoncloak

- Edric Dayne

- The whole Vale storyline and how LF will influence the various Vale lords, also the Harry the Heir arc.

- Darkstar

- Rickon & Shaggydog

- Hugo Wull and whether he actually gets to bathe in Bolton blood. [winning the battle alongside Stannis will do]  The small amount of dialogue he has is awesome, I want to see more........

How did I leave him out? Yes, more, please! 

Archived