Minor characters/plots you care in asoiaf

Sandor Clegane, the Hound.

What's with Lem Lemoncloak?

Jaqen H'gar - what's that guy (we assume it's a guy) up to??

Archmaester Marwyn - quoted by all since Book 1, finally seen as he scurries off to the docks.

Lothor Brune:  Hope he kills the Redfort brat and gets with Mya Stone.

Jeyne Westerling:  Young and not bright, but kind, I hope the Brotherhood frees her and Edmure.  Deserves better than what her mother brokered.

Nymeria Sand:  Can't wait to see how my favorite Sand Snake behaves on the Small Council.  Will her beauty drive Cersei batshit crazy(er)?  Will she follow Doran's instructions, or attempt to plot on her own?

Pretty Pia, who works in the buttery at Harrenhal.

Willow and Jeyne Heddle at the crossroads inn.

Dolorous Edd and Iron Emmett (at Long Barrow) and Pyp and Grenn (at Eastwatch-by-the-sea).

Weasel, the girl who wouldn't stop crying.

Tristifer Botley.

Jeyne Poole - What's next for the poor kid?  Hopefully, something less hellish than what has come before.  A low bar, but this is Westeros.

Wylla Manderly - The Girl with the Green Hair

Willow Heddle - Crossbow Girl

Tyrek Lannister - Where is he and why is he still missing?  (I don't think he's dead)

Elmar Frey - No longer Roose's squire, apparently, so where is he?

Lem Lemoncloak - Is he somebody important?

Elder Brother - Could he be famous as well?

On 27/08/2017 at 8:46 AM, LindsayLohan said:

Lothor Brune:  Hope he kills the Redfort brat and gets with Mya Stone.

Seconded for Lothor and Crackclaw Point and its people in general. There was something interesting about that place. Perhaps they'll be of importance again if Daenerys returns to Dragonstone. RIP Nimble Dick Crabb.

House Farwynd of The Lonely Light - Skinchangers of the sea. If spending to much time in the mind of a bird causes a beastling to become obsessed with the sky, what effect might long term skinchanging of a spotted whale/orca have on one's personality?

Morna White Mask - If the Old Gods had maesters, they would look like her.

Daven Lannister - Warden of The West. The Lannister who actually looks like a lion. 

Sweet Donnel Hill - The golden haired Westerland Bastard. What kind of man has he become in the last few years? And who are his parents? 

10 hours ago, LordImp said:

Hoster Blackwood - Sounds like a good and intelligent lad. Hopefully we see more of him. 

Good call.  I like it when the novels expand bookish and similarly interesting characters beyond the Citadel.  The same way I'd like to have read more about Rodrik Harlaw.  Hoster Blackwood is definitely an interesting character, and even at his young age, has a unique outlook on life.

I might return later and add more to this, but right now, I'll go with Rickon and Shaggydog. Has Osha raised him into a little badass? Is Uncle Benjen there teaching him weapons & ranger skills? Have the Skagossi united behind his cause and as a result are building a fleet of war canoes/preparing to invade the north and take back Winterfell? Just what in the hell is Davos going to find?

Another thing that I'm interested in isn't a person, however, I feel that the ancestral sword of the Dayne's known as Dawn will play a roll in the endgame of the story. Who gets to wield the one of a kind 10,000 year old sword in the battles to come? There isn't a Dayne that is skilled enough to be a Sword of the Morning, do they entrust it to someone else's capable hands, or does Dawn just sit there and collect dust?

On 8/27/2017 at 5:39 PM, Nevets said:

Jeyne Poole - What's next for the poor kid?  Hopefully, something less hellish than what has come before.  A low bar, but this is Westeros.

Wylla Manderly - The Girl with the Green Hair

Willow Heddle - Crossbow Girl

Tyrek Lannister - Where is he and why is he still missing?  (I don't think he's dead)

Elmar Frey - No longer Roose's squire, apparently, so where is he?

Lem Lemoncloak - Is he somebody important?

Elder Brother - Could he be famous as well?

This is a great list. 

I hope we meet Wylla Manderly again!

I would add Zei, the Moletown prostitute who is good with a crossbow, Morna White Mask, who was basically just invested with one of the Night's Watch castles and fief for her tribe, I adored Lady Ravella Smallwood who was kind to Arya, but has a saucy bawdy attitude, I am amused by 'Gatehouse' Ami Darry and her prim, practical mother, Lady Mariya and I want to know everything that there is to know about the historical 'Mad' Lady Danelle Lothston with her very goth black armor and bat insignia.

I would read an entire novella about Elinor Tyrell, Margaery's coquettish, flirty cousin who is almost certainly banging Aurane Waters. Why do the appendices list the following random Lannister women - Lady Margot, and Ser Stafford's daughters Cerenna and Myrielle? They have haven't appeared in the books, but I presume they will at some point.

Other little tidbits that interest me - what the heck is with the Pennytree, will we ever see Queen Rhaeyra's crown again? For that matter, what about Dark Sister or Blackfyre? Who is the Ward of Rosby, and I need to understand about the Council of the Most Devout - are Septas also seated upon it? There is a reference that an ecclesiastical trial by the Faith has seven judges, and if the defendant is a woman, Septas also serve among the judges - I hope we see that with either Cersei's or Margaery's trials. Also, what is the purpose of the color-coded Septas, white blue and grey - I presume that there are orders of devotion among the, like a nursing order devoted to the Mother - we saw that there are septries devoted to the Smith, for example.

Leyton Hightower / Ser Hightower from KG 

Septa Lemore

Wallace Flowers / Halfmeaster 

Bloodraven 

Young Griff 

Halfhand / Ser Whent 

Ashara Dayne and her relationship with Ned that lasted more than a year

Mance Rayder 

Howland Reed 

Lord Manderly and Wolf's Den 

Maege Mormont's husband  

14 hours ago, Daena the Defiant said:

Another Morna fan!

For sure! The mask really does remind me of both the arch-maesters and Quaithe. If BR, Bran and the Singers can see events through a rooted weirwood tree, what could someone looking through a mask of the stuff imply?

14 hours ago, Daena the Defiant said:

Morna White Mask, who was basically just invested with one of the Night's Watch castles and fief for her tribe,

And don't you find it strange that this castle is Queensgate? - Formerly Snowgate but renamed after Good Queen Alysanne's visit!

The story of the Good Queen and Concilliator's visit to the Wall seems to be very significant in terms of recent Northen and Nght's Watch history. Not only did Alysanne get a castle rechristened in her honour, she also granted the Black Brothers the land that would become the New Gift (much to Lord Stark's chagrin), as well as turning the Watch away from it's first main base the Night Fort ( home to a magic door, rat cook and Night's King no less). It's even hinted at in TWOIAF that Silverwing and Vermithor battled wildlings and giants, so it certainly seems GRRM has built up Queensgate and Alysanne's visit quite a bit.

That this new wildling character in a weirwood mask would be given command of a castle with such history seems to hint at Morna having some importance to future events.

And then we have this very non-wildling behaviour from Morna in ADOD - jon XII

The warrior witch Morna removed her weirwood mask just long enough to kiss his gloved hand and swear to be his man or his woman, whichever he preferred. 

Now she didn't kneel, but the subservience shown to "King Crow" doesn't exactly fit with what we have come to expect from the Freefolk, let alone a tribal leader/woods witch. It's almost like a subject greeting a monarch, which is interesting considering the behaviour of the other war band leaders assembled at the time....

Howd Wanderer swore his oath upon his sword, as nicked and pitted a piece of iron as Jon had ever seen. Devyn Sealskinner presented him with a sealskin hat, Harle the Huntsman with a bear-claw necklace. 

That's alot of honour shown to the Lord Commander of The Night's Watch and if anyone was to influence the leaders present into respecting Jon, surley the witch in the weirwood mask would be the most likely suspect. 

I wonder if Morna knows anything about Jon's background, she greets him almost like royalty and that "man or woman, whichever he preferred" line makes me think of dragons changing their sex at need.

On 8/30/2017 at 11:56 AM, Endymion I Targaryen said:
  1. Olyvar Frey
  2. Roslin Tully
  3. Jeyne Westerling
  4. Tyene Sand

Good list. I'll add some.

The Reader
Strong Belwas
Coldhands
Dolorous Edd
Alys Karstark
Brynden "the Blackfish" Tully
Rosamund Lannister
Bloodraven
Wylla Manderly
Quaithe
House Dayne in general
The Mance

The only minor plot I can think of at the moment that interests me is the Rosby inheritance.

Archived