Promise me, Jon. Promise me! A bittersweet ending prediction

SpaceChampion

On 8/27/2017 at 2:56 AM, SpaceChampion said:

Dany is gonna die in a bed of blood, with Jon's child, just as Lyanna died to bring Jon into the world.   The Song begins and ends the same way. 

She'll get him to promise to break the wheel, and he'll do so by instituting a democratic selection of representatives for a constitutional monarchy, with the child as figurehead monarch of Westeros.  If Jon also dies in battle against the Night's King, I picture the final scene as Tyrion sitting on the Iron Throne as Regent, with the child in his lap, as he calls into session the first parliament of the 7 kingdoms.

Wow, I actually would like that outcome. Jon and Dany staying both alive have a child and live happily ever after sounds too much like a Disney ending to me, so that's not going to happen people, no matter how much we want it.

Besides, we still have Tyrion playing an important role in the end, he has taken a back seat from Dany and Jon for the moment, but I suspect there is way more to him than meets the eye. IF the rumors are true and Tyrion is the son of the mad king, that makes all three of them family by blood.. Jon and Dany may both die but will still have a child that will be raised by his other family. By Tyrion because he'd Danys half brother and Jons uncle. AND Sansa because the child would still be related to her by Lyanna.

Tyrion and Sansa may not be the poster people of being a perfect couple, but that's what makes them so interesting in the first place. She was once shallow and Vain, He was once a whoring drunk, and together I think they make each other better people then they were at the start..

So that would be my prediction.

On 8/27/2017 at 4:56 AM, SpaceChampion said:

I picture the final scene as Tyrion sitting on the Iron Throne as Regent, with the child in his lap, as he calls into session the first parliament of the 7 kingdoms.

Tyrion? The guy who sent Myrcella to die? The guy whose decisions made Tyrells and Martells to be killed and lost the Greyjoy Navy? The guy who Cersei outsmarted and played like a fool? And who he will probably betray Daenerys before the show is over?

Tyrion's quote "I drink and know things" have made you all believe this guy is clever when he is not. He was even played by Shae.

Just now, DireKiwi said:

Wow, I actually would like that outcome. Jon and Dany staying both alive have a child and live happily ever after sounds too much like a Disney ending to me, so that's not going to happen people, no matter how much we want it.

Besides, we still have Tyrion playing an important role in the end, he has taken a back seat from Dany and Jon for the moment, but I suspect there is way more to him than meets the eye. IF the rumors are true and Tyrion is the son of the mad king, that makes all three of them family by blood.. Jon and Dany may both die but will still have a child that will be raised by his other family. By Tyrion because he'd Danys half brother and Jons uncle. AND Sansa because the child would still be related to her by Lyanna.

Tyrion and Sansa may not be the poster people of being a perfect couple, but that's what makes them so interesting in the first place. She was once shallow and Vain, He was once a whoring drunk, and together I think they make each other better people then they were at the start..

So that would be my prediction.

Sansa and Tyrion won't raise anyone's baby as a couple.

Dany dying in childbirth makes sense, she is a great conqueror, but a woman's battles are on the birthing bed and Dany may find sacking cities easier than birthing a baby.  It's a shame but at least the baby will have Tyrion looking out for her. Of course Tyrion will wisely advise against diluting Targ power with the chaos of democracy. 

It would not fit to her character at all if she died in childbirth, maybe that's what's going to kill her. Something women do every day and survive could be the biggest and most difficult thing to her, but I still don't think it's much likely. Maybe she's going to die for the purpose to end the winter or she'll be betrayed by someone we don't expect. I don't think we will get her and Jon together in the end, although I wish it. But that's not a game of thrones typical thing, it's to good to be true.

Well, the producers did not care too much about time-frame, yet, but Daenerys and Jon are on the way towards the Wall. The White Walkers just passed the wall. The epic battle is absolutely imminent -- not something to wait for months for a baby to come.

If Daenerys gets pregnant, she would need to survive. However, considering her visions in the House of the Undying, I suppose she will die and not reach the Iron throne. It's not hers to get anyway, since Jon is legitimate heir as we now know.

I agree that there was some forshadowing with regards to Daenerys' fertility. So yes, maybe she conceives Jon's baby and brings forth the next Targaryen generation.

Archived