[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Has *anything* happened in this episode that wasn't ridiculous? First they had this stupid meeting with Cheryl that was idiotic when it was first proposed and didn't get any better with execution. What was even the point of Cheryl changing her mind except to drawn out the length of the episode? They could have condensed the whole half of the episode into 5 min! It was just pure filler.

Then Sansa just randomly decided to murder LF? I guess she got sick of him constantly violating the terms of his restraining order? What even was that? Followed by a scene where they're all good despite Arya not even bothering to apologise for threatening to murder her sister earlier? Wtf. None of this BS was earned at all. This scene could have literally happend anytime post season 4 and make as much of not more sense. Why didn't this happen at the beginning of season 6 in Moles town? LF has done literally FA since.

Idk if it was the random voiceover, the lack of previous character interaction, or not even seeing the lead up to the boat sex, but that was one of the least erotic sex scenes I've ever seen? Ros and the random prostitute had more chemistry! So underwhelming.

I guess it was nice of the NK to wait for Jon and Dany to get to KL and meet with Cheryl? What a champ! Not exactly sure where Viserion tore his wings? Or why these idiots are surprised he showed up when they last saw him a couple of hours' run from Eastwatch? What exactly did they expect to happen? 

CONVERSATIONS THAT MUST HAVE HAPPENED:

BETWEEN LYANNA AND RHAEGAR

Rhaegar: I'm thinking of Visenya for a girl. Old family name.

Lyanna: How about Aegon for a boy?

Rhaegar: I already have a son called Aegon.

Lyanna: What if he dies?

Rhaegar: Well, I can't imagine how I would ever overcome the grief of that, nor would I function as a human any more, I'd be so overwhelmed with sadness. Naming my next boy Aegon would be a direct blow to my heart, a mortal stab to my emotions that I cannot imagine.

Lyanna: I'll take that as a yes.

BETWEEN LYANNA AND NED

Lyanna: Check it out, I'm dying, but I have a son.

Ned: Let's whisper.

Lyanna: I named him Aegon.

Ned: Agreed, Jahaerys is such a lovely name.

Lyanna: Aegon.

Ned: Maekar? How about Viserys, after his uncle? Daemon? Baelor? Seriously, Rhaegar's son Aegon just died, dear sister.

Lyanna: Promise me you'll name him Aegon.

Ned: Jon it is.

Lyanna: Promise me, Ned.

Ned: I promise...

Ned: ...

Lyanna: [Dies]

Ned: to name him Jon.

2 hours ago, The Prince who was not pro said:

On the other hand I do not understand how there are people who believe it, since there are stupid things like jon, jorah,Sandor, jaime and Euron all die together is a blast, it's very bad, and I say it without labeling it spoiler since it's all false.

Reminds me of when season 7 leaks were posted. ''No way that's true it's just too stupid!'' And we all know how that turned out...

57 minutes ago, RetconKillah said:

Sorry if this is doubling up but I don't have time to read the pages tonight...

I like how no one even cares that the Lannisters are the ruling family and not even trying to hide it or pretend its still a Baratheon kingship.

Everyone wearing black? I get its winter and the walker are come and impending doom but can we have some colour, if we're going to suspend disbelief by having people teleport for the sake of this being a tv show then can we get some costumes with colour. If they are writing meaningless dialogue then the mis-en-scene of black costumes does not need to be followed!!!!

I was really hoping for Theon to belt out a what is dead may never die.... seems everyone's forgotten about all of that though, fuck Iron Islands tradition it's all about Yara now!

Littefinger on his knees saying how he loves Sansa, you'd think he'd go out like a G but they get him to be a whimpering ltittle bitch. I know he's a despicable character but Littlefinger would never go out like that.

I was looking forward to a classic game of thrones style twist and seeing Jaime get killed by Cersei out of the blue... oh to long for the good old days!

Sam suddenly remembering the book but he forgot about dragonglass killing the WWs.

and boatsex... fucking hell.... I skipped boatsex due to the awkwardness of it all but not long enough to have us as the audience being reminded this is incest, like I get GoT was never the classiest show but this is Dog the Bounty Hunter level stuff.

So much for the Horn of Joramun, so much for WWs to have inherent magic/powers that have manifested themselves at this time to take down the wall. No you just need a dragon shooting a song of ice and fire and that will take down the wall, anticlimax to say the least.

Oh and the Night King riding the dragon instead of controlling it from afar. So we're really setting up the idea of the hero and villain now, so much for GoT/ASoIaF's moral ambiguity!

Can't wait to bitch about next season now!

According to the latest interview with Michelle Clapton, everyone dressing the same is a deliberate choice to highlight the fact they are all on the same side, being still alive.

I know, I :rolleyes::bang: too.

Hoping there is another TOJ flashback next season since Lyanna wasn't quite dead when we left off. Hoping she tells Ned that she wasn't kidnapped or raped. "Promise me Ned you won't tell Robert I'm just a homewrecking slut who made Rhaegar secretly divorce his wife and marry me to get in my pants. And sorry about the war and the thousands of deaths. Oh and that whole thing the Mad King did with Dad and Brandon was pretty unforntunate. I guess I kinda fucked up" ...... Muffled sounds as Ned finishes the job with a pillow.

7 minutes ago, Yukle said:

CONVERSATIONS THAT MUST HAVE HAPPENED:

BETWEEN LYANNA AND RHAEGAR

Rhaegar: I'm thinking of Visenya for a girl. Old family name.

Lyanna: How about Aegon for a boy?

Rhaegar: I already have a son called Aegon.

Lyanna: What if he dies?

Rhaegar: Well, I can't imagine how I would ever overcome the grief of that, nor would I function as a human any more, I'd be so overwhelmed with sadness. Naming my next boy Aegon would be a direct blow to my heart, a mortal stab to my emotions that I cannot imagine.

Lyanna: I'll take that as a yes.

Rhaegar appears to see Dany in the HotU while he tells Elia that there must be one more dragon head. I think that's a strong clue that he "envisions" a girl as the third head of the dragon. He's not wrong, not entirely. Dany is one of the three heads. And it's this clue that gives us the motive for Rhaegar only providing Lyanna with a girl's name. Rhaegar has gotten prophecy-related stuff wrong before. But if he really thought Lyanna was going to give birth to a girl, a probable Visenya, then he wouldn't have bothered to pick out a boy's name. Someone who believes this much, and goes to these lengths, isn't believing half way. And if he's not believing half way, then he's not picking out a boy's name "just in case." Wouldn't fit with the character. 

Keep in mind that in the first Dance we had two Aegons, and GRRM has promised us a second Dance. So, there is a precedent for duel Aegons. To this I would further add the possibility that fAegon will be crowned as Aegon VI, and Jon as Aegon VII. 

4 hours ago, Hoo said:

To me it's s big wow to blame LF for Ned's death.  He wasn't even on Arya's list.  

The letter was a problem for Sansa against the northerners.  He got the letter as a safety measure but nosy Arya found it and made a big hoopla about if.

He did not do a single thing to pin Arya against Sansa.  

The only reason Sansa killed LF is because she was tired of him.  No other reason.  Sansa has become Cersei.

Bran told them everything off air.

When you hear every single fucking thing wrong that happened to you and your family was because of this scheming bitch.... Everyone would do the same.

44 minutes ago, Blackwater Revenant said:

Umm...did they seriously show a clip of a raven struggling to fly, and have LF state that "its not easy for ravens to fly in these storms" an episode after having a raven traverse the entire continent in a matter of what? hours?

So much for for the numerous honey potting theories I've read about magical ravens that can fly at Mach 4 speeds.

It's kind of the whole, Arya was actually the waif excuses all over again from last season.

I'm sure all of these dumb theories about the NK setting a trap to get a dragon will come to fruition as well. :rolleyes:

When will defenders of this show realize that these plots and scenes are actually as dumb as they seem?

Just think what that means for the "ENTIRE" story if the Nights King actually set a trap for that dragon to be GoT?? He must have all Brans powers and more!,! Bye bye free will Bye Bye all the reasons for all the decisions ever made by both the Nights King and the Nights Watch. These plots and scenes are heart breakingly dumb and inconsistent logically, d$d have a lot to answer for IMO. Did you see what I just did mate?

5 minutes ago, Neds Secret said:

Just think what that means for the "ENTIRE" story if the Nights King actually set a trap for that dragon to be GoT?? He must have all Brans powers and more!,! Bye bye free will Bye Bye all the reasons for all the decisions ever made by both the Nights King and the Nights Watch. These plots and scenes are heart breakingly dumb and inconsistent logically, d$d have a lot to answer for IMO. Did you see what I just did mate?

I DiD, I GoT it. :D

20 minutes ago, Pyat>Daenerys said:

Reminds me of when season 7 leaks were posted. ''No way that's true it's just too stupid!'' And we all know how that turned out...

True...

But those leaks came little after production and shooting started. That is when the scripts are distributed out and a higher chance of leak.

Currently the season 8 scripts will be with a select few members of HBO. All of them will lose $$ if the plot is leaked.

It will take time for the scripts to reach some person who has got nothing to lose from leaking it.

ANYWAY.. I hear rumors that season 8 will be delayed by two years. If that is true. I'll just read the spoilers, get a rough idea and not bother watching season 8 at all.

At least I won't have to hear all that cringeworthy dialogue and terrible adaptations. Any epic cinematography like Hardhome or BoB will make it to fb and I'll just watch those.

A big part of the problem to me was the continuation of a stupid plot point (catching and showing a wight). They spent A LOT of time on the Cersei convincing scene, will she, she did, she doesn't, she does again! When the whole time it seemed obvious since the fifth-ish episode she would never go along with this plot. So it was a waste of my time and it was a very long waste of my time.

They continue to do fake death lead ups with Cersei going to kill Tyrion and doesn't, then the same exact thing with Jamie. I don't feel like anyone is in danger anymore because they continue to do that. Though, if they had killed Jamie that scene, it would have been very like the old GOT. 

Theon story line I am not a fan of. But that's me.

Arya and Sansa story line ended as awful as it started. First, just starting with Arya, none of her conversations in the past really made sense. She was a psychopath because..... why? why do it in a room with no one else except for to trick the audience. Now all of a sudden she is normal again because Little Finger is dead? It's so jarring it doesn't make sense.
On top of that LF has guest rights, he deserved a trial or a trial by combat. They assassinated someone in their house with no real proof. Sure we the audience know it's true, but no one else does. That makes the Starks look awful in my opinion. Only bright thing is that whole plotline is done with.

Jon suddenly being honorable, he has only cared about fighting the WW and doing anything for that cause, it was weird that suddenly he cared more about being honorable to Danny. Just a way to draw out that scene in my opinion. 

Sam never read about the marriage, he was too busy making shit jokes. Show a scene where he learns about it. Bran can see everything but didn't know about this but now suddenly does? He can just go in the past and say, I want to see this now that I know about it? I just wish his powers were explained a bit better.

Last two things. The big thing at the end is that R+L=J (or well I guess A now). But that was last season. I get the casual viewer now has it handed to them but early seasons not a lot of things were handed to the audience, you had to think things through. There have been more than enough explanation that the majority of the audience should have gotten there without the exposition hand holding. And the NK entire plan was to wait for a dragon he doesn't know about to come north of the wall, that's how they were going to get through?

For good things though because I like to try to be somewhat positive, it seems like Emilia and Kit finally have some chemistry on screen. It wasn't great but it was vastly better than it was all the previous episodes.

Cersei during the scene with Jamie felt very old school GOT and I loved it. 

The dragon taking down the wall was pretty sweet.

My biggest hope is that the worst plot points are behind us now, the pieces have been moved (in my opinion not a elegant way that we are used to but still, it's done) now season 8 can focus on the battle for the north then the battle for the south. Hopefully that's the route they take and I am hopeful for that.

Apologies if this came up already, but was Tyrion's expression on the boat supposed to indicate that he has feelings for Dany, as Dinklage claimed in an interview before the start of the season? Because up until now, it never really seemed to me that he did (although I sense that's what Cersei was getting at when she kept asking why exactly Tyrion serves Dany in the first place).

1 hour ago, Edward Teach said:

Can Dany fucking stop about this "Once I march north Cersei will take half the kingdom back"

When did Dany occupy anything other than Dragonstone? What is this "half the kingdom" she's speaking of so much?!

About which 'kingdom' is even talking about? There are seven. 

The right word should be 'realm'. ;)

But this is probably a nitpick. 

I am really annoyed about the fact Theon and Jon made it all about Ned. I would never say Theon loved Ned. He was scarred of him and Ned did put always a little distance between them. 

The one they should have talked about should be Robb. Robb is the Stark they both loved. They even competed for his attention. Jon disliked Theon because Robb looked up to him, and Theon disliked Jon because Jon was someone he could never be, Robb's brother. 

There is a reason why Jeyne Westerling and Jeyne Poole have the same first name. They are both girls who probably don't matter in the great scheme, but, just like Robb chose to protect Jeyne Westerling('s honor), Theon decided to save Jeyne Poole. 

But Robb is of course a very tiny footnote in the whole series. :rolleyes: Even his brother (or rather cousin) did decide his legacy as the King in the North isn't worth anything and could just be given away for some little sex. 

4 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Apologies if this came up already, but was Tyrion's expression on the boat supposed to indicate that he has feelings for Dany, as Dinklage claimed in an interview before the start of the season? Because up until now, it never really seemed to me that he did (although I sense that's what Cersei was getting at when she kept asking why exactly Tyrion serves Dany in the first place).

Yeah that was weird. I wonder if they are going to say Tyrion has feelings. They already forced one relationship down our throats with D and J. Why not another. It can be a very typical love triangle drama. Team Jon or Team Tyrion!!! :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I think he is just a worried Hand. He knows a romantic relationship will complicate things. 

Archived