[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

8 minutes ago, Song of Zombies v. Dragons said:

I'm honestly surprised that they didn't have Bran say "Lyanna was ice. Raheagar is fire. Jon Snow is the song of ice and fire." That's how blatant and bad the narration was. It was the equivalent of flashing neon lights on the screen for ten minutes that said JON AND DANY ARE RELATED. JON IS A TARGYREAN. DO YOU UNDERSTAND. Even my friends who have only ever been showwatchers felt like they ruined this moment of reveal that people have been waiting all these years for.

On Theon: I actually mildly liked the scenes with him, although they would be way better if he had been developed properly for the past 3-4 seasons. I imagine the conversation about him in the writers room went something like this:

Writer 1: We should probably have Theon do something.

Writer 2: Who's Theon?

Writer 1: The guy that had his dick chopped off.

Writer 2: Oh right I forgot he used to be a character on the show.

Writer 1: He's still on the show dude.

Writer 2: Whaaat? We're still paying that guy? No wonder our budget is so bad we have to cut each season down to 6 or 7 episodes. While we're at it we should probably bring Gendry back to, it says here in GRRM's sparknotes that Gendry "is important." 

Writer 1: Good call. What should we have Theon do?

Writer 2: Well he got his dick cut off so let's have him get in a fight where he wins because he has no dick.

Writer 1: Perfect!

Probably exactly how the "creative process" came together. :D  The only thing you may have left out is Writer 3 pointing out that not having a dick would not stop one from experiencing intense pain from a kick to the groin, and then getting fired.

55 minutes ago, LokisRaider said:

This is why I avoid interviews with people involve with the show. They fist have to explain a lot because they do not do a good enough job showing things through actions and dialogue in the show. Then the reasons are usually dumber then said actions or dialogue.

I don't either - I stumbled upon it by accident and then wished I hadn't.

It's a bit of a strange experience reading them because I always get mixed emotions. On one hand I feel bad for the consumer designers trying to basically tell the entire story through costumes alone, which just isn't possible. I get where she's coming from because if it's backed up by solid characterization and consistent plot it absolutely works - like when Walter White shaved his hand.

On the other hand, the costumes have been pretty bad lately and thr explanations so completely miss the point sometimes I don't know what to make of it. 

If anybody is interested: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/game-of-thrones-season-7-costume-designer-michele-clayton-talks-female-power-dressing-war-and-the-a7912736.html%3famp

The other gem includes Dany wearing that chain sash because the only crown she wants to wear is the 7K one, ignoring the fact that Viserys sold the original and that it's obvious Cersei doesn't have it because the costume department clearly made a new one for her.

I was okay with it when I thought it was just a cool claps rather then intended as an impressive piece of jewellery meant to convey Dany's power and wealth. Seriously Dany, you're a queen. Get some proper bling, not something Gendry made on his day off.

1 hour ago, I Am TheSongOf IceAndFire said:

I named my dog Tormund, so really the only thing about this episode that has me mildly interested is his fate.

I thought the wall had powerful magic built into it to prevent the undead from crossing, but apparently the solution was to spray it with propane 

Excellent name for a dog.  What kind of dog is he?

1 hour ago, aliasocfan said:

I'll always be bitter they didn't give Alfie Allen Theon Dance with Dragon's storyline. He could have won an emmy for that.

Yes he would have... god yes. Its crazy to think of how much great material they left out of the show.... Sheesh

1 hour ago, Tyrek Lannister said:

Jaime back to book Jaime after 4 seasons. Yay!

So basically, if Jon just manned the Wall and did nothing, WW wouldn't have passed. Instead, he created the whole mess by babbling about THE WAR AND ONLY WAR for like 3 seasons straight and here we are.

Ygritte was right; he truly knows nothing. 

36 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

The scene that might have cracked me up the most this episode was when Cheryl called Tyrion out on his bullshit about he said Dany would make a good leader yet she wanted to burn down KL. And it was only through the saintly wisdom of St. Tyrion was he able to talk her down and that basically Dany would only make a good ruler because of St. Tyrion's wisdom.

So essentially it doesn't matter who is ruling as long as Tyrion is hand. Fuck, might as well put Ghost or Mountain Gregor or the Night King in there. Tyrion will be able to instill wisdom in them.

Tyrion has been the Night King´s thrall from Season 1. Of course he will make an excellent Hand and will convince the NK not to make every human into wights, just the ones who do not bend the knee to Him.

Check the complete theory here:

I just realised I completely forgot to rant about the hilarious fact that Cersei (Cersei!) of all people calls Dany a usurper when she's the one without even a theoretical claim to the throne and before Dany has managed to actually usurp anything.

46 minutes ago, teej6 said:

Has Lena Headey taken out a restraining order on Jerome Flynn?

No, if the rumours are true the relationship went sour and it's written into Lena's contract that she will not work with Jerome. Or at least they are not supposed to be on the same set, doing any scenes together, etc.

Has that ever been confirmed though, or was it just rumours and putting 1+1 together when Bronn was never actively in a Cersei scene where it would have made sense for him to be lurking in the background?

15 minutes ago, Maid So Fair said:

I don't either - I stumbled upon it by accident and then wished I hadn't.

It's a bit of a strange experience reading them because I always get mixed emotions. On one hand I feel bad for the consumer designers trying to basically tell the entire story through costumes alone, which just isn't possible. I get where she's coming from because if it's backed up by solid characterization and consistent plot it absolutely works - like when Walter White shaved his hand.

On the other hand, the costumes have been pretty bad lately and thr explanations so completely miss the point sometimes I don't know what to make of it. 

If anybody is interested: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/game-of-thrones-season-7-costume-designer-michele-clayton-talks-female-power-dressing-war-and-the-a7912736.html%3famp

The other gem includes Dany wearing that chain sash because the only crown she wants to wear is the 7K one, ignoring the fact that Viserys sold the original and that it's obvious Cersei doesn't have it because the costume department clearly made a new one for her.

I was okay with it when I thought it was just a cool claps rather then intended as an impressive piece of jewellery meant to convey Dany's power and wealth. Seriously Dany, you're a queen. Get some proper bling, not something Gendry made on his day off.

What bugs me, regardless of the whole team costume thing, is that Jon is decked out in furs and people are literally wearing less than him.  At least the Dothraki (surrounding Dany) are wearing more furs but I don't understand why Jon is under a fur blanket in Kings Landing and cersei is wearing your basic dress. 

10 hours ago, The Bear Who Knocks said:

i just remembered something:

Bronn literally had to leave the Dragon Pit because Jerome Flynn isn't allowed to be near Lena Headey

Great catch, congratulations. While watching the scene I was wondering what was that all about. And the funny thing is, they didn't have to show him leaving. As if anyone would notice that Bronn is suddenly not there any more. They could even film his face reaction to the zombie and add it in the scene later on, so it appears he was still there. But of course they've chosen the stupidest resolution: "Hey Pod, let's get out of here and miss potentially the most important meeting of our lives, even though nobody would mind us staying here really."

30 minutes ago, Sir Dingleberry said:

Ya, along those lines, a buddy of mine was like, "I rewatch a random episode before the new episode each week. So, I rewatched the one where Bran tells the story about the rat cook and then put together that it was foreshadowing the Freys death."  So, I won't say people just completely ignore key things from the show but more like they aren't as invested as a majority of us on here are. Not a big deal but I agree it takes away from the show because any questions viewers have can be answered in about 2 minutes after searching Google.

Pleas don't get me wrong I know this is not across the board and I was making a generalization. But it always seems like I see with my friends and in comment sections that people are easily confused about things that are explained clearly in the show.

15 minutes ago, ramla said:

Yes he would have... god yes. Its crazy to think of how much great material they left out of the show.... Sheesh

Not to mention Alfie Allen is one of the better actors on the show, and they give him almost zero dialogue all season. Instead we get Kit and Emilia bumble fucking their way around a dialogue.

3 minutes ago, LokisRaider said:

Pleas don't get me wrong I know this is not across the board and I was making a generalization. But it always seems like I see with my friends and in comment sections that people are easily confused about things that are explained clearly in the show.

Ya, I got what you were saying here.  But I agree, people are easily confused on stuff I feel like isn't that complicated.

Great visuals, generally good acting, and directing with a super shallow plot line and lots of exceptionally forced scenes.

• Virtually every crime Littlefinger was "convicted of" happened long ago.  What took so long?  What was his end game?  He never even tried to marry Sansa or consolidate power for anything useful.  He had more power and control before he betrayed the Lannisters for no reason to ally with the Boltons and then betrayed them.  Super dramatized trial for what purpose other than the drama itself?  If the sisters were in on the shared secret, who were they play-acting those hostile scenes for? And why go to all the trouble just to off Littlefinger — a character who hasn’t done much more than glower and skulk for ages now, and could have easily been dispatched at any time?
  • The meeting in King's Landing ultimately had the expected result of virtually nothing.  Lost a dragon and some supporting cast, gained Jaime.  Yay?  Tyrion went to meet with Cersei alone and is provoking her to kill him for some unknown reason, and we are to believe now she has the self control to stay her hand even unprovoked.  Then she promises to send all her armies north when that wasn't even requested.  Then tells Jaime she isn't doing that, she is reconquering the 2 spots that will likely be completely abandoned and if he doesn't follow her orders she will kill him.  Then she nods to Ser Gregor as if to say kill Jaime and nothing happens...  Why didn't Cersei just agree to the original terms?  It's going to be much more obvious that she lied if none of her troops are coming north, than if she just agreed to stay home and out of the war as she was asked. 
  • Why it’s only now that Jaime finally decides that it’s time to break with Cersei? Her mass murder at the Sept of Baelor, which also led to the death of their last child, wasn’t enough, but making him break a promise to people who were recently their sworn enemies is?
  • Euron fake leaves back to the Iron Islands I guess coming up with his ploy on the spot, as obviously an undead being in the box wasn't something they could have pre-planned around as an excuse to run.
  • Dany and Jon love each other because plot says so.  I guess they can just be horny for each other, but despite their efforts to make it overly obvious that they are attracted to one another, the actual foundation for love seems really shallow.  Still it's been obvious that they were trying to force the narrative that they were falling for one another all season, so not really a surprise.
  • Sam traveled by horse from southern tip of Westeros and Old Town to Winterfell in less time than it took the white walkers to walk a distance Gendry ran in less than a day.  At the current rate of travel the White Walkers will reach Winterfell in 6 more seasons.
  •  All it takes is seeing Jon’s act of “heroism” (an act that everyone seems to agree was pretty dumb), and Theon is magically able to take up the mantle of hero in his own subplot: After getting beat to a bloody pulp, Theon went pro wrestler with the sudden full recovery and re energized attack after being kneed in the non-crotch several times, then falling to his knees for a redemptive splash in the water, the sun beating down on him and triumphant music swelling.  A more impressive fight outcome than I can recall even pre-Reek Theon having.   Now we are to believe that the 15-20 men there could even have a chance of rescuing Yara if they all agreed to do that from the start.
  • Undead dragon did perfectly controlled demolition of the wall with impressive visuals, but questions remain about what they would have done if they never got the dragon?  As visually impressive as it was, wasn't that the expected outcome as soon as the dragon got turned?

14 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

Not to mention Alfie Allen is one of the better actors on the show, and they give him almost zero dialogue all season. Instead we get Kit and Emilia bumble fucking their way around a dialogue.

Such a waste of talent. Maybe a blessing as all he would have had to work with would have been butchered dialogue. smh

Archived