[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

33 minutes ago, Raven Banner said:

cousin, Which makes it a more valid question?

Oops, I forgot for a moment Bran was his cousin. 

It is so confusing ;) with the fact Jon became KitN before his cousins. 

13 hours ago, darmody said:

Getting kneed in the gap would hurt a man, twigs and berries or no. But Theon was just beat severely about the head and torso. It was already unrealistic for him to still be fighting. 

I would've preferred he get kneed only once and smirk about it. Or at most twice to make sure we get it. But the knees just kept a-comin'. It was comical.

Don't forget that he experienced real pain at Ramsey's hand.  I'd imagine that might toughen you up to a kneeing.  

I'm with you on the three shots though.  That was two too many.  

I am so tired of people whining about me ranting and raving about why it is reprehensible to cheer for Jon and Dany creating a new line of inbred psycho Targaryen rulers. There's a reason Aerys was mad and it was because he was fuckin inbred to shit! 

Now you want a new Targaryen dynasty started by an aunt and her nephew (who are even more closely related than a normal aunt and nephew due to all the inbreeding!). 

"Oh but it's okay because it used to happen in antiquity"

just because something used to happen doesn't make it okay! Jon and Dany's relationship will NEVER be the least bit romantic and I'm tired of being expected to see it that way. 

7 minutes ago, Snormund said:

I am so tired of people whining about me ranting and raving about why it is reprehensible to cheer for Jon and Dany creating a new line of inbred psycho Targaryen rulers. There's a reason Aerys was mad and it was because he was fuckin inbred to shit! 

Now you want a new Targaryen dynasty started by an aunt and her nephew (who are now more closely related than a normal aunt and nephew due to all the inbreeding!). 

just because something used to happen doesn't make it okay! Jon and Dany's relationship will NEVER be the least bit romantic and I'm tired of being expected to see it that way. 

One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the Targs will soon be here. And I for one welcome our new incest overlords. I’d like to remind them that as a trusted Weirwire personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground dragon caves.

19 hours ago, Sandokan I Ironborn said:

Just watched it.

Oh my words what a shame they made of LF. 

And what a fairy tale they made of this special story (Jon-Dany sex scene...).

So Jaime is going to fight WW like, alone on his horse ?

What is Tyrion's point by wandering around while Jonerys is happening ?

How could Theon know where Yarasha bloody is ?

This episode was like the whole season : does not make much sense but well it makes money.

I love the bold as just a one sentence summary of............everything. 

1 minute ago, MyLittleFinger said:

One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the Targs will soon be here. And I for one welcome our new incest overlords. I’d like to remind them that as a trusted Weirwire personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground dragon caves.

So much for breaking the wheel eh

9 minutes ago, Snormund said:

Now you want a new Targaryen dynasty started by an aunt and her nephew (who are now more closely related than a normal aunt and nephew due to all the inbreeding!). 

well the human race expanded thanks to incest in the beginning and also interbreeding (with neanderthals). if two people are oh so in love but r closely related, who are we to judge? aerys wasn't mad bc his parents were closely related. the madness of the targs come because of the visions of fire (or something) they keep having. aerys wasn't able to handle it for some reason. 

i totally knew Jon's targ name was aegon. It is in the second book. Danny sees Rhaegar in a vision at the house of undying. Rhaegar is with a "woman with dark hair" who is holding a baby Rhaegar calls Aegon and says "his is the song of ice and fire." We think that Aegon is Elia's Aegon. But it could be not. Also, I don't think Rhaegar named two sons Aegon. But that's just a theory. 

This finale made me feel so bad for Elia. Also, why in the world would the septon annul a marriage with 2 biological children? that's not possible.

LF's death was sooo contrived. what the heck. We already know he's going to die--Sansa is going to make him "fly." But that scene was just bs. How come all the high lords just stand around and no one demands proof? 

so they are pretending that ice dragons are also wight dragons. ugh. 

How come Jon is "TRUE HEIR" to the realm? He is not. The targs were overthrown. Jon is but one another claimant to the throne. If he wants it, he will have to wage war and take it from the former king's wife. Gendry now has a better claim to the throne than him. Also, how come the showrunners are totally ignoring Jon's NIGHT'S WATCH VOWS?! He gives up all claim to crows and whatever. He cannot be king even if he was Robert and Cersei's totally biological firstborn son. He took an oath as a man of the watch. This is why master aemon ran off to the watch, because he would not be dragged into a succession fight. 

This season was unbelievably disappointing. I wish there isn't another season and this one was the last before WoW comes out. 

19 hours ago, One-Eyed Raven said:

You know what, credit where credit is due.

Once you've decided to park Ghost at Winterfell (I guess?), he HAS to disappear. Otherwise your deft Winterfell homage to the Scooby Doo Mysteries using LF/Sansa/Arya becomes too obvious.

19 hours ago, Snormund said:

Littlefinger would have gotten away with it to if it wasn't for those meddling Stark girls

Stawp.  :lmao:

That may be the best laugh I've had all season. 

ETA:  This is why it is hard to resist the urge to just not try and catch up.  Sometimes I think, ahhhhhhhh, that's too many pages to catch up on, I'll just jump in at the tail end.  I'm glad I didn't do that this time.  I might have missed this much needed dose of laughter if I gave up on the catching up on the entire thread. 

55 minutes ago, Armand Gargalen said:

This is quite worrying, actually, when you come to think about it. As a lot of people has already stated, LF´s trial is a mockery of justice. And D&D, nevertheless, want the audience to cheer for it because we know the things LF has done and we are invested in the Stark girls characters. 

So, basically, they are endorsing revenge over proper justice, which is exactly the opposite of what the books say: revenge is bad and leads to more blood,including the blood of inocents. 

Exactly right!

11 minutes ago, Ghost+Nymeria4Eva said:

well the human race expanded thanks to incest in the beginning and also interbreeding (with neanderthals). if two people are oh so in love but r closely related, who are we to judge? aerys wasn't mad bc his parents were closely related. the madness of the targs come because of the visions of fire (or something) they keep having. aerys wasn't able to handle it for some reason. 

Charles II of Spain might have words for you.

(wtf did I just read)

12 minutes ago, Ghost+Nymeria4Eva said:

i totally knew Jon's targ name was aegon. It is in the second book. Danny sees Rhaegar in a vision at the house of undying. Rhaegar is with a "woman with dark hair" who is holding a baby Rhaegar calls Aegon and says "his is the song of ice and fire." We think that Aegon is Elia's Aegon. But it could be not. Also, I don't think Rhaegar named two sons Aegon. But that's just a theory. 

This finale made me feel so bad for Elia. Also, why in the world would the septon annul a marriage with 2 biological children? that's not possible.

LF's death was sooo contrived. what the heck. We already know he's going to die--Sansa is going to make him "fly." But that scene was just bs. How come all the high lords just stand around and no one demands proof? 

so they are pretending that ice dragons are also wight dragons. ugh. 

How come Jon is "TRUE HEIR" to the realm? He is not. The targs were overthrown. Jon is but one another claimant to the throne. If he wants it, he will have to wage war and take it from the former king's wife. Gendry now has a better claim to the throne than him. Also, how come the showrunners are totally ignoring Jon's NIGHT'S WATCH VOWS?! He gives up all claim to crows and whatever. He cannot be king even if he was Robert and Cersei's totally biological firstborn son. He took an oath as a man of the watch. This is why master aemon ran off to the watch, because he would not be dragged into a succession fight. 

This season was unbelievably disappointing. I wish there isn't another season and this one was the last before WoW comes out. 

Unless it's metaphorical, I find it hard to believe Rhaegar being in any condition to greet his new born "Aegon" since he was having some difficulty with 6 inches of hard steel in his chest.

18 hours ago, Tyrek Lannister said:

I've just came to a realization...

Umber will finally march behind a Glover.

Ok, LOL  That got my attention.  I know of which the quote comes, just wondering.......is this being used to lodge complaints in general, or did I miss something in the many messes of this season, or of seasons past, and or seasons to come?

Or, Bran.......is that you?

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Ok, LOL  That got my attention.  I know of which the quote comes, just wondering.......is this being used to lodge complaints in general, or did I miss something in the many messes of this season, or of seasons past, and or seasons to come?

Or, Bran.......is that you?

I saw you complaining in the rant and rave thread. You looked beautiful. 

10 minutes ago, Ghost+Nymeria4Eva said:

What color is Elia's hair?

its also known that Rhaegar had a son with Elia and that son's name was/is Aegon.  

Some said it had been Gregor who'd dashed the skull of the infant prince Aegon Targaryen against a wall, and whispered that afterward he had raped the mother, the Dornish princess Elia, before putting her to the sword.

7 minutes ago, Ghost+Nymeria4Eva said:

Simply because these lords of the Vale don't exist, in the sense that they are NEVER shown. There is only Yohn Royce stuck 24/24 in his bizarre breastplate. The only sigil we see is that of the Arryns, when Lord Arryn is not even present.

Where are the Corbray, Redfort, Egen, etc., their shields, their flags?

The show has abandoned everything related with heraldry; I'm not saying that's important but it's one more sign of impoverishment of creativity (along with the generalized black attire).

47 minutes ago, MyLittleFinger said:

is this president clinton? good! I figured if anyone knew where to get some Tang, it'd be you. 

32 minutes ago, MyLittleFinger said:

Unless it's metaphorical, I find it hard to believe Rhaegar being in any condition to greet his new born "Aegon" since he was having some difficulty with 6 inches of hard steel in his chest.

It was a vision from the past, not a metaphor. It could very well be Elia in the vision ofc. Wasn't Jon already born when Rhaegar went to the Trident? Confused about that chronology. But the show is prolly not following that anyway. 

Archived