[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

42 minutes ago, Greywater-Watch said:

It came to me: How is it possible to bring a wight to Kings Landing alive? The show itself established (not the book) that the wights were probably bound to the White Walker who raised them. But practically all such forces diminish over distance, the wight would now be several thousand miles away from his master-White Walker.

That's a good point. I was thinking the same thing when Sandor opened the crate and...nothing. Especially considering that in a previous scene he knocks on the crate and the wight went crazy. So, I figured that the wight had perished, somewhat like the arm that Ser Allister had brought to KL, and the whole expedition was all for nothing.

Boy, I'm glad that wasn't the case. It would have been a whole lot of wasted screen time, and awful story telling, had that plot line been all for nothing. :wacko:

I think the Simpsons (in their waning years)came up with a great line to explain shrugging off plot holes in one treehouse of horror episode that very much applies to this story. Xena the warrior princess is being asked mundane, nerdcentric questions and gets a pointed one posed to her one. her response.

...uh yeah, whenever you notice something like that, a wizard did it. 

I remember someone saying on these forums that D&D are too talentless to even direct a high School play. While I thought that was hyperbolic at the time, I'm really beginning to think the two are at a high school level at many things especially when it comes to humor. Like seriously the amount of unfunny dick jokes being made especially this season is just grating... and feels horribly immature for who the characters are.

2 hours ago, 7th-key said:

:D Holly Macaroni's animated ep07 recap:

I really loved the point about Viserion feeling more fulfilled and recognized within his new job in the White Walker enterprise.

I agree, Viserion stopped being a pushover and he rocks now. Everyone should submit to the Night King

5 hours ago, RSasoiaf said:

I was one who talked about Sandra beheading the acting Lord of the Vale.

I said so because to all those not present there, its what its going to look like. And the details if he was trully beheaded or just had his throat open will be lost in translation as soon as they arrive little cousin Arryn :)

I really would like to know what cousin would think about this and how he would react. Even more so because on the series the only interactions we got with him and Sandra were not so great.

Yes the books will do it better. LF will die the way Joffrey did, happy in thinking that he was going to score that night, and relaxing with a nice goblet of wine. Then Sansa can claim LF was poisoned by his enemies. 

Sansa is much smarter than Sandra is. :)

2 hours ago, Ser Quork said:

So in this http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-finale-cut-scene-1202541941/ we find out that the Stark sister conflict was actually real:

:rofl:

How do you think the other Stark kids will take the news about Jon’s parentage?
In terms of their bond together, I think it will have absolutely no impact. The big question now is how it will go between Jon and Daenerys. I can’t imagine she’ll be pleased.

They are hyping the Jonerys faux drama for next season...

Tyrion said in Episode 6 (to Daenerys in Dragonstone) that Danerys Team would be protected because he told Jaime that if someone touched Daenerys their two armies and the Dragons would burn Kings Landing to the foundations.

Now I wonder:

• The two armies in front of the gates of Kings Landing had no seach weapon in place. Even with a small content of Lannister soldiers in Kings Landing the City could not have been stormed by these two armies. Nice Dothraki screaming and nice order of the Unsullied though - clichées at its topmost.
  • After delivering Daenerys at the dragonpit, Drogon flew away, joining Rhaegal in the sky. So no immediate threat to Cersei Team. Do Dragons have hawk eyes (and sufficient intelligence) two intervene when something goes awray? I mean a small detail like some cross-bows fired simultaniously at Dany-Team - Things would have been over in the blink of an eye.
  • I would have assumed that Tyrion would place a bowman high on one of the pillars, from where he could shoot a fire arrow or so to give a signal instantly when necessary. Or whatever kind of communication to the armies outside the City walls. How would anyone know that something had gone wrong unless? I mean, the talks lasted several hours, without any message send to Grey Worm or so. How should he know if and when to act?
  • why have weapons been allowed for the negotiations?

The answer is like most things that make little sense in the show; because the writers said so, they knew there wasn't going to be a betrayal so no reason to think about how it would logically be prevented by either side.  Speaking of the meeting, why wasn't Littlefinger invited as Lord Protector of the Vale?

Linda said in her youtube review that Dany being barren has never been mentioned in the show before. If that's true, it's hilarious that D&D have forgotten about this. 

EDIT: also, I thought this picture is worth sharing https://i.cdn29.hu/apix_collect_c/1608/tronok-harca-7.-evada/tronok_harca_7._evad_screenshot_20170829090519_1_original_760x760.jpg

9 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

I thought this as well, although I didn't think Cat was on her knees (I could be wrong?).

It kind of sickened me to be honest. I get that it could be read as poetic justice but it also links LF intrinsically to Cat, which he doesn't deserve.

Little finger was on his knees as Maisie is too short to reach his neck otherwise I guess

The show has got so bad I cant imagine myself rewatching it for pleasure... I'm completely sure that the show cant surprise me again.

Sadly I don't think the last season will be any better than this one, with the chance of being even worse.

They should have been bold this season but instead they played it super safe and it still sucked.

I can already tell they will show us Tormund and Beric are alive in the first episode of Season 8. It sucks

I'm still baffled why Dany didn't immediately attack KL when the negotiations broke down. Also, who brings their entire army to a peace conference? And what idiot allows it? The KL annual midle-managment conference was just so bad.

10 hours ago, Greywater-Watch said:

I am afraid you are wrong here. The only Lord to be seen is Lord Royce (apart from Lord Baelish). The rest is: the Maester, Sansa, Arya, Bran. And something like 30 Northern soldiers. Had I been in Littlefinger's place, awaiting Arya's trial, I would have grown very suspicious by the audience...

Shows how captivated I wasn't that I could have sworn they were lords, not soldiers. :P

I still think Sansa passing the sentence means it was expected she swings the sword.

Also, that the scene was pretty boring. 

17 minutes ago, Maid So Fair said:

I'm still baffled why Dany didn't immediately attack KL when the negotiations broke down. Also, who brings their entire army to a peace conference? And what idiot allows it? The KL annual midle-managment conference was just so bad.

1) There was enough dialogue already in the season to explain why she didn't attack King's Landing.

2) I'd imagine the army was brought down for two purposes.  Firstly as a demonstration of power.  Secondly as a deterrent for Cersei to pull a "Mad King".

6 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

1) There was enough dialogue already in the season to explain why she didn't attack King's Landing.

Not enough to explain why she did not roast Cersei´s party during the parley, when only Cersei, Jaime (Dany´s father murderer), The Mountain (Dany´s niece and aunt rapist and murderer) and Qyburn (just guilty of torturing random people) were present. A bit dishonorable, but when thousands or millions of lives are at stake, a little price to pay.

7 minutes ago, Armand Gargalen said:

Not enough to explain why she did not roast Cersei´s party during the parley, when only Cersei, Jaime (Dany´s father murderer), The Mountain (Dany´s niece and aunt rapist and murderer) and Qyburn (just guilty of torturing random people) were present. A bit dishonorable, but when thousands or millions of lives are at stake, a little price to pay.

I thought the same, just unleash the Dragon's on the Red Keep but I think you just nailed it.  It's not very honourable and if she had done that then there is also a very strong chance that she and the others also wouldn't have made it out alive.

Archived