What Are Your Favorite Spaceships From Movies Television and Computer Games ?

GAROVORKIN

The main benefit of living in a Chinese world would be the total lack of regard for copyright because then you'd see a really high quality video game where all the space ships from every franchise could share the spotlight and join together in huge space battles to see what happens, like a large scale mortal combat game for fleets from around the universe.  Yes.

Give me a romulan green ship from next generation, in fact Musk should probably build that one first if we're going to make all the tech from Trek for real.

I'm not sure which really is my favorite, but what I mainly like:

From Star Wars - the Imperial Star Destroyer, the Clone Wars era Venator-class star destroyer, the X-Wing fighter

From Star Trek - the Sovereign-class Federation starship (Enterprise E was it?)

From Battlestar Galactica (re-imagined) - the overall design of the battlestars, with the Pegasus being my favorite

From Stargate - the X-304 Daedalus-class battlecruiser, the Destiny

From Babylon 5 - the Star Fury fighter of Earth Force

From Mass Effect - the Normandy and the Tempest

From Homeworld - the Pride of Hiigara

19 minutes ago, The Mother of The Others said:

The main benefit of living in a Chinese world would be the total lack of regard for copyright because then you'd see a really high quality video game where all the space ships from every franchise could share the spotlight and join together in huge space battles to see what happens, like a large scale mortal combat game for fleets from around the universe.  Yes.

Give me a romulan green ship from next generation, in fact Musk should probably build that one first if we're going to make all the tech from Trek for real.

Kind of brings to mind a graphic this artist created a couple of years back that has to scale drawings of every spacecraft the artist could recall from multiple sources. Pretty cool stuff.

http://nerdist.com/the-most-complete-chart-of-sci-fi-ships-ever-is-now-complete/

I think if you click the second image you can magnify small portions of the graphic.

So many good ones, but favorites are

The Millenium Falcon

The Death Star

Slave I

Count Dooku's solar sailer

Star Destroyers, and Vader's Executor is even better!

the Serenity

the Rocinante

The Gunstar

Klingon Bird of Prey

Spaceball 1

Eagle 5

Those back rests for the flight crew are the beginning of what you'd need.   Dan Simmons solved for the extreme physics effects on the body by having the crew totally die each time the ship accelerated / braked they were pulped down to a thin layer of splat before their future tech cruciforms kicked in and regenerated their bodies in a resurrection process that served to justify the catholic church in a lot of people's minds but was actually a tainted gift from the machine AI faction to keep people under their thumb literally.  

Hey the ships from those Hyperion novels would trash Star Wars, Trek, and B5 fleets who need to see you up close before they shoot, like they're fighting world war II still.

9 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Dan Simmons solved for the extreme physics effects on the body by having the crew totally die each time the ship accelerated / braked they were pulped down to a thin layer of splat before their future tech cruciforms kicked in and regenerated their bodies

I think I'll pass on that, thanks!

9 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

Hey the ships from those Hyperion novels would trash Star Wars, Trek, and B5 fleets who need to see you up close before they shoot, like they're fighting world war II still.

Babylon 5 ships have been know to fight at long range...

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I always enjoyed that joke about why they were such bad shots...

Being machines, they have computer brains and can in theory outthink human, yet their fighters require three  Centurions and even with that 3 to 1 advantage ,  they still lose battles to human ships piloted by single human beings.  :D

1 minute ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Being machines, they have computer brains and can in theory outthink human, yet their fighters require three  Centurions and even with that 3 to 1 advantage ,  they still lose battles to human ships piloted by single human beings.  :D

It was more about them having that little LED light for an eye that would bounce back and forth across the middle of their visor.

11 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

It was more about them having that little LED light for an eye that would bounce back and forth across the middle of their visor.

I liked the Cylon Centurions,,  from the classic seres and the newer series. 

I liked the base stars from the classic series more then the the newer series. 

Archived