What Are Your Favorite Spaceships From Movies Television and Computer Games ?

GAROVORKIN

From BSG reboot, I really like the Cylon basestars and the Battlestar ships. Excellent designs.

The small fighters whose name escapes me at the moment are also memorable.

From Star wars, the Star Destroyers and the tie fighters are my favorite designs.

From B5, a special shout out to the design of B5 itself, and ships wise, the Shadows vessels, the Vorlon ships, the Excalibur, and some of the Earthforce ships.

I like the idea of the Destiny in Stargate Universe, a vast ship with its 'crew' trying desperately to survive in an alien environment.

20 hours ago, maarsen said:

The only living starship.  Farscape's leviathans.  Moya in particular. 

Other shows had living starships, such as Lexx, although I definitely prefer Moya.

On 28/08/2017 at 8:09 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Kind of brings to mind a graphic this artist created a couple of years back that has to scale drawings of every spacecraft the artist could recall from multiple sources. Pretty cool stuff.

http://nerdist.com/the-most-complete-chart-of-sci-fi-ships-ever-is-now-complete/

I think if you click the second image you can magnify small portions of the graphic.

I was gonna say 'it's not complete, it's missing The Carrier', but maybe they're all just set against the background of the Carrier.

My favourite screen spaceship is obviously Serenity. Big love also for the BSG itself, from the reboot, and for the TARDIS.

Also fond of the tree bubble thing from The Fountain (this is helped by having a really corking soundtrack. And backdrop)...

If we're talking just pure looks my favourite Star Wars ship is the Naboo Royal Starship, but that's mostly because it's based on the Lockheed SR-71 so can't help but be awesome (mind you, Naboo's ships were cool in general. Best thing about the prequel trilogy really...).

Eta: Oh yeah, there aren't many ships from games that I'm particularly attached to but I do like the home ship from Creatures 3. Partly coz I've spent the time in it, but it does just look cool...

Archived