[Poll] How would you rate episode 707?

Ran

How would you rate episode 707?  

425 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

I don't think Sansa and Arya were playing LF.  I think Sansa finally realized what was going on with "LF's little game".  I still hate Arya's current incarnation, they need to hurt her just to show she isn't just totally invulnerable to everything but they never will.

We got one of the best Tyrion scenes in 2 years but I don't count that as a pro when its pretty much the only Tyrion actually being Tyrion scene we've had in that timespan.  

Way too much 'switcheroo' going on, by which I mean 'oh look a switch that you setup just a few minutes before, only to get us invested in the story going one way until you switch it right back to the way we expected it to go.

Ser Robert better actually get ordered to kill the next person Cersei threatens or it will become a running joke that all he can do is move his sword arm a bit and walk in a straight line.

and ffs, thanks Exposition Fireside Chat, where Sam and Bran explain it all.

All the shit that happened in the previous 6 episodes just because D&D wanted a dragon to bring down the wall..

It won't be this stupid in the books.

NK Playing with Bran's visions would have been better. Since he is marked.

Horrible season. Just because an episode was better doesn't warrant a 10. Too many 10s...

Definitely not a 10.

Just now, robasp2 said:

All the shit that happened in the previous 6 episodes just because D&D wanted a dragon to bring down the wall..

It won't be this stupid in the books.

NK Playing with Bran's visions would have been better. Since he is marked.

Horrible season. Just because an episode was better doesn't warrant a 10. Too many 10s...

Definitely not a 10.

Not that i care, but I hope you are wrong regarding the dragon and the wall

Blue fire????? lol I suppose one would dare to imagine now that when the dragon has to ( drain the dragon ) no pun intended, that it showers the hillside with blue  razzle-dazzle Kool-Aid. Anyways, I wish they would of kept the fire looking like natural fire. With that said I'm going to send a raven out to the Lannisters advising them to tell their children NOT to EAT THE BLUE SNOW.....  :D

2 minutes ago, Rant and Rave said:

Not that i care, but I hope you are wrong regarding the dragon and the wall

Didn't get you...

Ice dragon was a fan fiction favorite.

Considering how much fan fiction D&D added in the last season I hope this was just ff playing out.

The horn in the books would make much more sense than an Olympic javelin throw gold medalist.

19 minutes ago, Rant and Rave said:

I thought it was 2,000 in the books. 

Nope it's 10k. "And Elephants. Let's not forget the elephants" (quoting Lysono Moor). But not all are mounted knights. They're an alright bunch against the Lannisters in the books (Tyrells might switch) that have taken losses and are divided here and there and expected to take more losses in the Riverlands. If the GC manages to get the Tyrells on their side, KL will surely fall for Aegon, and Cersei will have to run for CR. But that's the books.

I don't see how Cersei, a Lannister, will manage to hire the GC, against Dany + North, with dragons, Dothraki and Unsullied. It's totally "let Dany destroy good part of the Lannister army (who seemed to be the Westeros Clone army), but we''re gonna keep Lena in longer and we'll have to get her army from somewhere" ---- "Oooh  let's take the GC and doubtle the numbers."

So for the GC to be any threat we now know that Dothraki and Unsullied will take heavy losses against the army of the dead next season.

31 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

My only complaints are the fact that the NK apparently had no means of getting past the wall before Jon and Dany gave him a dragon.  

Also, the reveal scene between Sam and Bran... :rolleyes:  You're telling me that Bran never rewound that scene in the ToJ until he could hear what Lyanna told Ned?  Come on.  

Bran was rewinding something else over and over. A man has needs.

35 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

My only complaints are the fact that the NK apparently had no means of getting past the wall before Jon and Dany gave him a dragon. 

Yes, you're exactly right about the NK.

But play that out for a minute - it means that the NK knew the dragon was coming. He begins to build the army of the dead in earnest shortly before the dragons he needs to breech the wall hatch, then marches south just in time to capture one shortly after it reaches maturity. Oh, and when he encounters the dragon he already has a giant chain. 

Legit 10/10. Everything was excellent. The meeting in the dragon pit especially. Not to mention Daenerys' entrance..... that was just an awesome moment. That might have been the best finale yet. D&D fantastic work writing this one...not sure how anyone can say anything bad about this episode. 

3 minutes ago, robasp2 said:

Didn't get you...

Ice dragon was a fan fiction favorite.

Considering how much fan fiction D&D added in the last season I hope this was just ff playing out.

The horn in the books would make much more sense than an Olympic javelin throw gold medalist.

A horn that control dragons
A horn that break the wall

I don't know. I don't think GRRM will go that route. I do think that D&D know the plot points of the future books and took what was required. The Night King probably does need a dragon to break through the wall of ice. Waiting in the north until dragons are born again makes complete sense rather than waiting for find a horn 

8 minutes ago, DJ Prophet said:

Blue fire????? lol I suppose one would dare to imagine now that when the dragon has to ( drain the dragon ) no pun intended, that it showers the hillside with blue  razzle-dazzle Kool-Aid. Anyways, I wish they would of kept the fire looking like natural fire. With that said I'm going to send a raven out to the Lannisters advising them to tell their children NOT to EAT THE BLUE SNOW.....  :D

Anyone who has seen a candle or a blowtorch knows that fire burns blue when it's extremely hot. That would make sense given that wights are stronger than normal humans. What doesn't make sense is how the dragon doesn't immolate itself every time it lights up. I guess dragon corpses are also immune to fire.

Also, if you must go the magical route, the books describe Drogon's (or was it Balerion's?) fire as black, so that's not outside the realm of possibility that another dragon breathes blue flames.