[Poll] How would you rate episode 707?

Ran

How would you rate episode 707?  

425 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

3 minutes ago, Im no Ser said:

Yes, you're exactly right about the NK.

But play that out for a minute - it means that the NK knew the dragon was coming. He begins to build the army of the dead in earnest shortly before the dragons he needs to breech the wall hatch, then marches south just in time to capture one shortly after it reaches maturity. Oh, and when he encounters the dragon he already has a giant chain. 

I know someone people will laugh at this but honestly, I'm calling it.

Bran and NK are probably connected in terms of how their vision/powers work. He made sense for him to wait it out and get a dragon to break through the wall. 

The thing is ... the last episodes were so bad.... the plots that lead to that resulted in a mediocre season finale. The biggest problem is that everything that set this episode (the wigh hunt and the forced area/sansa drama) was just BS... so when you watch your reaction is kind of meh.,

kudos to:  Jaime leaving Cersei....finnaly they did in a way that did not look forced to me;  the scene between Cersei and Tyrion: while plot wise was so so the acting was fantastic....

4 out of 10

Edited by King Louis II (KLII)

Another amazing episode, obvious 10 vote for me.

The Tyrion/Cersei negotiation was riveting diplomacy, I really enjoyed the tension in the Kings Landing scenes, also Dani upstaging Cersei with that entrance lol. Cersei, Jon, Jamie, the Hound, Theon, everyone was played brilliantly.

Only KL regret was not enough lines to go around, wouldve been nice to hear more from Davos and Missandei

Winterfell

My favorite scenes from Winterfell in quite some time. I thought Arya and Sansa were brilliant. Seeing the two sisters finally come together, literally made the hair rise on my neck, er goosebumps or whatever the epression is, I was feeling that. Also I thought it was cool to see Bran really evolving as the 3eyedRaven.

House Stark rocked this episode, the 2 sisters fully realize they are stronger together and they  have embraced Brans mystic ability.

I really loved this episode.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

10 minutes ago, Im no Ser said:

Yes, you're exactly right about the NK.

But play that out for a minute - it means that the NK knew the dragon was coming. He begins to build the army of the dead in earnest shortly before the dragons he needs to breech the wall hatch, then marches south just in time to capture one shortly after it reaches maturity. Oh, and when he encounters the dragon he already has a giant chain. 

Assuming the NK can see the future... not sure im there yet.  

Well, this was an emmy baiting episode for Lena Headey. She had so much screentime, from maybe, to no, back to yes, then no again. Another Lena-Dinklage scene. One we've seen several times in S2 again. Back then it was good. Now it's old news, repetitive, and Lena's in such an arc that she basically has to emote the same face all the time. Quite frankly, it was boring. Glad to see Jaime finally leave Cersei, but it took way too long, was nonsensical before, and underwhelming in this episode.

Pffff: LF. Last episode I actually liked the execution of the Sansa and Arya plot, even though the overall WF faux-drama idea was weak. LF was completely ruined. There was no believable menace to him at all anymore. And while I'm glad he's dead, his death scene was pathetic. This was after all the man who was so brazen to insult Ned, once challenge Brandon Stark into a duel. I'll give 1 point to revealing it was a ploy by the sisters and Bran, and to see the sisters appreciate one another.

Cleganebowl does nothing to me. Bronn stuff neither. Euron was stupid. Much of Jon's speech has been done and done. The wight scene and the other Hound scenes were good. So, 1 point for that.

Was that the actor of Viserys who also took the role of Rhaegar? I'll give 1 point for that.

Eastwatch CGI was almost solid. Though I have some issues with the aerodynamics of dragon wings with holes in it. With wings like that his flight ability would be seriously hampered. However, it was cool to see it come down. So, 2 points for that.

I'm giving it a 5/10.

Edited by sweetsunray

Just now, Snormund said:

Dragons+sex is enough for a ten for so many people lol. 

This show set set a high standard and it should be graded accordingly. If it had always been like this that'd be one thing. But it hasn't. 

Let me guess, you give it  a 1!

Am I right?

Why do you continue to watch a show you continuously trash? I'm not attacking you, I'm just asking. Why? week after week do you watch this show, continuously come to a forum to just keep trashing it? Why not go watch go a series that you think is good?

Let me be clear, I couldn't care less but I 'm curious 

45 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

My only complaints are the fact that the NK apparently had no means of getting past the wall before Jon and Dany gave him a dragon.   

He has undead giants and white walkers capable of shattering steel (gates). He doesn't need a dragon to get past the wall; he needs a dragon to get past Daenerys' dragons. Otherwise, as soon as his 100k human torches shamble too close to Winterfell, winter will be over in the largest bonfire the world has ever seen. I guarantee a dragon will die in the book and be resurrected by the Night King, even if it doesn't occur in as reality-defying a manner as it did in episode 6.

2 minutes ago, Rant and Rave said:

Let me guess, you give it  a 1!

Am I right?

Why do you continue to watch a show you continuously trash? I'm not attacking you, I'm just asking. Why? week after week do you watch this show, continuously come to a forum to just keep trashing it? Why not go watch go a series that you think is good?

Let me be clear, I couldn't care less but I 'm curious 

Because I'm so emotionally invested in the story I can't just stop. Plus some episodes are still enjoyable. 

Just now, Snormund said:

Because I'm so emotionally invested in the story I can't just stop. Plus some episodes are still enjoyable. 

That's ironic. I'm somewhat of a new member but I've been reading here for a long time. Somehow, I'd wager most of your post are at attacking this show.

But whatever, to each his own

6 minutes ago, Talking Hodor said:

He has undead giants and white walkers capable of shattering steel (gates). He doesn't need a dragon to get past the wall; he needs a dragon to get past Daenerys' dragons. Otherwise, as soon as his 100k human torches shamble too close to Winterfell, winter will be over in the largest bonfire the world has ever seen. I guarantee a dragon will die in the book and be resurrected by the Night King, even if it doesn't occur in as reality-defying a manner as it did in episode 6.

But the wall wasn't just a physical barrier to the NK.  It was also a magical one.  

1 minute ago, Rant and Rave said:

That's ironic. I'm somewhat of a new member but I've been reading here for a long time. Somehow, I'd wager most of your post are at attacking this show.

But whatever, to each his own

I just get angry with the direction the show has gone in because it used to be amazing. It still is definitely exciting and my 1 rating is based on comparisons to earlier seasons. In a vacuum it's not a 1 because it's still entertaining. 

Great episode. It finally explains and resolves the inexplicable rivalry between the Stark sisters. Also, Bran gets to be useful, and Littlefinger gets to grovel on the floor and then eat it thanks to his own dagger.

Jaime finally does the right thing. Too bad he couldn't have brought a small army with him. At least he's bringing a Valyrian steel blade and a pimp hand capable of bashing zombie brains out.

Jon and Daenerys was going to happen. I hope he doesn't throw up too much when he finds out he boinked his aunt. Incest may be cool with the Targaryens (and Lannisters), but I doubt the Starks enjoy it.

Sam and Bran were awesome! Finally the cat is out of the bag!

The freak on a leash scene was awesome. Cersei: "Ser Gregor, fetch me my brown dress!"

Euron kinda had a good point about islands and the seaworthiness of wights. I wonder if Brienne and Missandei are feeling homesick...

Theon finally grew a pair of metaphorical balls and use his lack of literal balls to his advantage in his fight against the heart attack man. Hey, anonymous Iron Islander, you should have laid off all that Long John Silver's back home.

26 minutes ago, Talking Hodor said:

I guarantee a dragon will die in the book and be resurrected by the Night King, even if it doesn't occur in as reality-defying a manner as it did in episode 6.

1. There is no NK in the books.
  2. There is an alleged Horn of Joramun that might take the wall down. Or Mel might end up tapping into the wall's magic and drain it from its power when she does something at the wall.
  3. There's a dragon horn in the books that might be able to steal a dragon, possibly Euron

So, nope, no need for the Others to have a resurrected dragon. Besides, there is mention of the Heart of Winter having some type of ice dragons, but doubted by the Citadel whether that's true.

I was a bit bored by the entire affair at King's Landing, from the predictable banter between X character and Y character to the repeated non-twists of Cersei. The North's scenes were better, and even though that trial flip was unearned, it was satisfying to watch. Bran seems to have been reduced to Winterfell's walking (or rolling) aerial slash exposition machine, but at least he's being put to use. Then there was that final scene beyond the wall (and I do mean final), which was terrific. 

So the finale was en exhibition of everything that's good and bad about the current state of the program. Even though the bad got more screen time, the good was good enough for me to give this a 7. I nearly gave it a 6, but I gave last week a 6 and this is better than last week. Still, that's got to be the lowest score I've given a season finale. Is it too late to put this show on hiatus until GRR Martin can make the time to have a sit-down with D&D to discuss the direction of this thing?