Ran

[Poll] How would you rate episode 707?

How would you rate episode 707?   399 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

329 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2017 at 11:39 AM, Lost Time said:

I like to wait a bit before I rate an episode (unless it was clearly a 10/10 or 1/10) to let it digest and such. So, after having let it sit for almost a week, I'd rate this episode a 6/10. Barely above-average. The reason it's not lower is purely due to Tyrion/Cersei convo, wight demonstration which I liked mostly, and the wall coming down. Oh, and Jaime finally climbing out of Cersei's crotch. Overall it was fairly predictable, but its lows aren't as low as some other episodes this season. 

But if I were to rate the season as a whole, it's definitely getting a 4/10. Probably the 2nd worst season of the show after S5.

I agree with th bolded

13 minutes ago, Talking Hodor said:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Night's_King

There is totally a NK in the books! We haven't seen him yet, and he may a legend, but he's definitely mentioned multiple times.

He's mentioned alright, but he's nothing like the NK from the show.

In any case, it's interesting that from the book we know more about a legendary figure from he past, than we know from the show about what is arguably the main villain of the show (Night's King).

2 hours ago, Talking Hodor said:

There is totally a NK in the books! We haven't seen him yet, and he may a legend, but he's definitely mentioned multiple times.

That's the Night's King who was a man and 13th LC of the Watch (so post-dating the White Walkers) of whom GRRM says:

“In the books he is a legendary figure, akin to Lann the Clever and Brandon the Builder,” Martin writes on his Not-A-Blog, “And no more likely to have survived to the present day than they have.”

The show has the Night King, the original White Walker - a completely different concept.

2 hours ago, Talking Hodor said:

I meant there is no NK at present in the books. There's only a legendary Lord Commander of the Nigth's Watch who took what may be a WW-female to wife, and that guy was dealt with.

All the bitchin' that goes on in this forum, yet we still end up with 62.61% rating the finale as good or very good, versus 24.24% who rated it poor or very poor.

I know some of you hate the show, but you are in the minority. That doesn't make you superior, it doesn't make you wrong. But quit acting like yours is the only valid opinion.

GoT fucking rules. The story is fantastic, well put together and wonderful TV. D & D deserve all plaudits that come their way. Only person to come out of all this poorly is Grrm for not finishing the books before the series finished. And I do think it won't be much different. Hate the show all you want, George is likely to have had far more input than you assume.

16 hours ago, FacelessManOf TheShire said:

All the bitchin' that goes on in this forum, yet we still end up with 62.61% rating the finale as good or very good, versus 24.24% who rated it poor or very poor.

I know some of you hate the show, but you are in the minority. That doesn't make you superior, it doesn't make you wrong. But quit acting like yours is the only valid opinion.

GoT fucking rules. The story is fantastic, well put together and wonderful TV. D & D deserve all plaudits that come their way. Only person to come out of all this poorly is Grrm for not finishing the books before the series finished. And I do think it won't be much different. Hate the show all you want, George is likely to have had far more input than you assume.

Hahahahaha dude get with the fucking program, everyone in hollywood knows this season was utter shite.  The irony of the Sam montage is real.  Even adult swim took a shot at GOT and good fucking on them, someone needs to tell them to get their act together.

Edited by The Dragon has three heads

On 14/09/2017 at 4:31 PM, FacelessManOf TheShire said:

The story is fantastic, well put together and wonderful TV. D & D deserve all plaudits that come their way. George is likely to have had far more input than you assume.

You have got to be kidding, it's trolling right?!

George has no input, zero, just a few clues on where he was planning to get, way back.

The story this season is fantastic?! Well put together?! 

It makes no sense, it's all a bag of dick jokes. That people don't care and say they were entertained is one thing, to say fantastic story is another, completely ridiculous thing, for all the reasons people said and more.