1 hour ago, plectrum said:

Odd that Jon didn't mention Valyrian steel.

I thought so. But there is so little Valyrian steel that maybe not worth mentioning.

1 hour ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

I'm surprised that the Mountain recognized the Hound (seemingly).

And I'm even more surprised that neither Brienne nor The Hound mentioned Sansa. It was hard, but they succeeded.

The hound would have known the mountain was Cersei's zombie guard ahead of the meeting. 

42 minutes ago, The Bear said:

...Did Sansa break guest right? I mean, he was a guest at Winterfell and shared their food and drink and didn't give him a trial.

I don't think so because Baelish was trying to murder Arya at the time.

16 minutes ago, Holly Macaroni said:

So...RIP Tormund and Beric?

Maybe. I doubt there is much left for their plot arcs.

15 minutes ago, Arataniello said:

Probably not.  But it could be like Stannis (no on screen death).

Stannis was killed on screen. We saw Brienne swing the sword. Even then people would not believe that he was dead. 

I try my best to overlook the flaws. I try to enjoy it, but this episode was poor. The twists didn't even make sense.

What in the world was the point in having Euron pretend to abandon Cersei? How could they  even plan this? Did she really believe that they would bring the dead to her or has Euron seen them before? Either way it was unnecessary as she said she would commit to the truce.

Sansa and Arya fooling Littlefinger was pointless. If they somehow had proof of what he had done I could understand them tricking him so that they could justify his execution, but they never had any. So why not just kill him straight away? Ahhh yes. We needed someone to die in the finale.

It's just not only has the series been letting me down for a while, but this episode didn't need to be 81 minutes long. Everything was by the numbers. Why did the show seem to give the impression that Tyrion was upset about Jon and Daenerys? He's been a dwarf his entire life he should have gotten used to being overlooked.

So, this episode implied both that Bran cannot see the future and that the NK can. I wonder what the implications of this will be or whether it will never be addressed or straight contradicted.

It's kind of disappointing for me that the way South of the wall was built on a self fulfilling prophesy. It's not my favorite plot device.

10 minutes ago, cud said:

So during the LF trial scene, everyone was apparently just fine with Arya punishing Baelish for crimes based on accusations with no real proof to really back up these allegations? Anyone else find it a bit odd that no one in that room spoke out against Sansa because of the trial being un-just? Or am I seriously undestimating the authority that Bran holds over everyone that knows he's the Three Eyed Raven?

No one has had the proof, or balls to call him out on his BS until now.

Lord Royce wanted to but couldnt.  Now someone calls him out on it, and he only denies one of the claims.  He admitted to killing Lysa, which is probably all lord Royce needs to hear.

LF got out witted... I just wish they would have shown the girls plotting against him somehow. Oh well one more main case down.

The thing that stuck out to me as really bad was how the Winterfell plot resolved. They apparently left the entire process of the sisters realizing they were being played or being nudged by Bran off screen. If they were playing LF the whole time you'd think there would have been something to go on in the previous scenes other than the viewership's common knowledge that the plotline would end with LF's demise. And if the sisters really were being duped at first and were pulled back by Bran's knowledge they could have explained that's how it happened. As far as I can tell they left the viewer to infer half the events that got us to LF's elimination. 

10 minutes ago, cud said:

So during the LF trial scene, everyone was apparently just fine with Arya punishing Baelish for crimes based on accusations with no real proof to really back up these allegations? Anyone else find it a bit odd that no one in that room spoke out against Sansa because of the trial being un-just? Or am I seriously undestimating the authority that Bran holds over everyone that knows he's the Three Eyed Raven?

We have seen several trials in the series. The North pretty much goes for the summary justice method.

Baelish admitted one murder, that was enough. The Lords of the Vale hate him, they know what he did to Sansa. 

Just now, iprayiam said:

So, this episode implied both that Bran cannot see the future and that the NK can. I wonder what the implications of this will be or whether it will never be addressed or straight contradicted.

It's kind of disappointing for me that the way South of the wall was built on a self fulfilling prophesy. It's not my favorite plot device.

It is clear that the old three eyed crow could see the future.

The issue for Bran would be that if he sees the future, it becomes fixed and cannot be changed. So it is a big risk to do that.

8 minutes ago, kuromiya said:

Just don't overthink. Writers are just bad and lazy. Don't expect Martin's plots, or even something with a little bit of sense here. I mean, even the NK didn't have anything to cross the wall without the dragon so, they were heading north just for the laughs i guess.

If they are "just bad and lazy", why do you watch anything?

1 minute ago, iprayiam said:

Also what a super boring episode. Why so long? It was the first one my wife has ever seen and she was in shock that people watch the show. She thought it was insufferably boring

Maybe it would help if she had watched it before.  Make me watch a season finale on the seventh season of a show that I never watched and I'd think it was boring too. 

I also wouldn't expect anyone to care about my opinion of it. 

2 minutes ago, iprayiam said:

Also what a super boring episode. Why so long? It was the first one my wife has ever seen and she was in shock that people watch the show. She thought it was insufferably boring

Uh, this is not a DIsney show… How can you expect someone who doesn't know the context, the story, the characters, etc. to like the last episode of 7 season series?