21 hours ago, Ashes Of Westeros said:

Foreshadowing doesn't scream. Foreshadowing is always subtle. 

If Sandor says "it isn't even you anymore", why would he threaten him? 

People's motives are not always rational, and hatred is the key here. Sandor hates Gregor and no matter what he is now, he'll always hate him.

I still think we'll see Cleganebowl.

33 minutes ago, MyLittleFinger said:

Question

What unspeakable things would a young even more hot headed Oberyn Martell have done to Rhaegar if he found out he dumped his sister for a nice pair of tits and a tight fit?

I'm willing to bet he would have preferred that to what actually happened to Elia.  

Remember that it was Aerys that kept Elia in KL instead of allowing her to flee to Dragonstone as he did with his own pregnant wife and Viserys.  

Ultimately we still don't know the whole story about Rhaegar, Elia and Lyanna. 

8 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

I'm willing to bet he would have preferred that to what actually happened to Elia.  

Remember that it was Aerys that kept Elia in KL instead of allowing her to flee to Dragonstone as he did with his own pregnant wife and Viserys.  

Ultimately we still don't know the whole story about Rhaegar, Elia and Lyanna. 

If Rhaegar told the world he had annulled his marriage and thereby the inheritance rights of his issue from the marriage, there would be no sufficient reason to order their murders. She's fair game to marry and create an alliance with Dorne.

Still wondering about Theons ultimate fate/purpose. With Jaime finally leaving Cersei and going north to join the heroes and Theon heading off to rescue Yara, is there a chance that Theon could end up being the valonqar? What do you guys think?  They keep having him referred to as 'Little Theon'. I'm not completely sold on this theory but I did wonder after this episode. 

(PS do we know if Yara is being held in kingslanding or on Euron's ship?)

42 minutes ago, Lady Fishbiscuit said:

Still wondering about Theons ultimate fate/purpose. With Jaime finally leaving Cersei and going north to join the heroes and Theon heading off to rescue Yara, is there a chance that Theon could end up being the valonqar? What do you guys think?  They keep having him referred to as 'Little Theon'. I'm not completely sold on this theory but I did wonder after this episode. 

(PS do we know if Yara is being held in kingslanding or on Euron's ship?)

IMO, he'll kill Euron and save Yara. He may die as well. That's his ultimate fate.

7 hours ago, TheSwordofTheMorning7 said:

Jon needs to take Littfinger's corpse to the Last Hearth.   The NK will wight him, and then be overthrown by Zombiefinger's plotting before they reach Winterfell.  

Littlefinger is Lightbringer. First thrust into water (fish, Tullys). Then the lion (working for the Lannisters) and finally killing a loving wife (Lyssa who has done so much for him). Now he's ready. Wow, who knew the prophecy would work out like this?

4 minutes ago, Titan of Bravos said:

Speaking of Cersei's impenetrable bodyguard, anyone else notice that he didn't step out in front of his liege when that wight was charging at her?

I think he did but the only time you see it is over Cersie's shoulder.  All the other shots left him out of the picture.  

I think... may need to watch again to double check.  

8 hours ago, Holly Macaroni said:

what?!

CLEGANEBOWL 100% CANCELED!!!

LOSE HYPE!!!

Seems like "what is hype may die, after all" and "not every man must necessarily hype".

Sorry, but yeah. It seems to me there will be no Clegane bowl, unless D&D are luring us in, again. 

When Sandor looked his brother in the eye and said: 'You know what's coming for you - you've always known' it seemed to me he was referring to the ice and death, whereas he himself got fire and life. Remember Brienne saying to him: 'I thought you were dead' and Sandor replying: 'Not yet'. To me this scene was very meaningful. The Hound just faced the army of the dead beyond the wall and witnessed the true power of fire. I think he came to an important realization there, faced with te burning undead bear, unable to act and seeing his companions deal with fire as a life savior. I think he might have embraced life there, even if it requires fire. Or maybe because it requires fire. Sandor chose to live, there and then. 

Gregor is 'even uglier than I am' - but, hey, Sandor is alive....

9 hours ago, TheSwordofTheMorning7 said:

Jon needs to take Littfinger's corpse to the Last Hearth.   The NK will wight him, and then be overthrown by Zombiefinger's plotting before they reach Winterfell.  

I am not so sure, little finger the prodigy at the game did not even bother denying killing Lysa. 

If we look at GRRMs original pitch for ASOIAF Jon was to fall in love with Arya (those who think Jon/Dany is creepy count yourself lucky!) but later Tyrion would also fall in (one way) love with her. This then was to drive a wedge between Jon and Tyrion. If we consider the incest of Jon and Arya was replaced with Jon and Dany - was Tyrions creeping outside the ship room nothing more than jealousy? And is this what will complicate the Targaryen powerhouse that is being created for the next chapter? 

Edited by PastafarianTargaryen

On 8/27/2017 at 9:28 PM, plectrum said:

Odd that Jon didn't mention Valyrian steel.

I was absolutely wondering the same. I'm begining to believe that is Gendry's purpose. He was the apprentice to the only man in the 7 kingdoms that knew how to smith Valyrian steel swords. (see: ICE ==> Widow's wail + Oath Keeper).