On 8/27/2017 at 10:01 PM, The Bear said:

...Did Sansa break guest right? I mean, he was a guest at Winterfell and shared their food and drink and didn't give him a trial.

That's kinda exactly what the entire seen was. Tyrion barely spoke at his trial(s). There "is no trial by combat" in the 7 kingdoms anymore, so in the north, you pass the sentence, then swing the sword. I don't know what the northerners would expect a "lady" to do though. 

11 hours ago, MyLittleFinger said:

Question

What unspeakable things would a young even more hot headed Oberyn Martell have done to Rhaegar if he found out he dumped his sister for a nice pair of tits and a tight fit?

I would guess nothing. Matters of passion are separate from matters of politics in Dorne. We also don't know whether Elia objected to this annullment or thought there could be a Dornish menage-a-trois (which btw is what Targaryens are also known for). 

9 hours ago, Lady Fishbiscuit said:

Still wondering about Theons ultimate fate/purpose. With Jaime finally leaving Cersei and going north to join the heroes and Theon heading off to rescue Yara, is there a chance that Theon could end up being the valonqar? What do you guys think?  They keep having him referred to as 'Little Theon'. I'm not completely sold on this theory but I did wonder after this episode. 

(PS do we know if Yara is being held in kingslanding or on Euron's ship?)

I really think that there are some characters that I see fighting the Night's King and there are others like Arya, Sansa, Theon, and maybe even Jaime whom I see not participating in that battle, but trying to nullify Cersei's advance in the South. Theon is one of those characters too. My guess is his efforts would somehow lead to a redirection of the Lannister resources (Golden Company, Iron Fleet,etc) in favor of the larger battle against the Night's King. Sorta like Riders of Rohan. But that would be right at the end. His main role will pertain to the Euron/Cersei threat.

Edited by duncanthemedium

7 hours ago, Titan of Bravos said:

Speaking of Cersei's impenetrable bodyguard, anyone else notice that he didn't step out in front of his liege when that wight was charging at her?

Well spotted, I too noticed that, perhaps some Zombies are scared of or below other Zombies, sort of like a class system based on who their creator is, Night King is way more badass than qyburn and Gregor feels it! :P

I think Dany will have a fast labor and have Lyannas fate and Jon wont have time or have to do any marriage.But I also think will defeat the nights king but be killed off from cersei plot like ned. Its gonna be a sad ending cause there child likely will never know there parents cause Martin and  D and D hate a good ending.

Edited by EddardSnow

On 8/27/2017 at 10:48 PM, A Dance with Davos said:

I try my best to overlook the flaws. I try to enjoy it, but this episode was poor. The twists didn't even make sense.

What in the world was the point in having Euron pretend to abandon Cersei? How could they  even plan this? Did she really believe that they would bring the dead to her or has Euron seen them before? Either way it was unnecessary as she said she would commit to the truce.

Sansa and Arya fooling Littlefinger was pointless. If they somehow had proof of what he had done I could understand them tricking him so that they could justify his execution, but they never had any. So why not just kill him straight away? Ahhh yes. We needed someone to die in the finale.

It's just not only has the series been letting me down for a while, but this episode didn't need to be 81 minutes long. Everything was by the numbers. Why did the show seem to give the impression that Tyrion was upset about Jon and Daenerys? He's been a dwarf his entire life he should have gotten used to being overlooked.

I will try to explain what I believe they are attempting to display during this episode. 

1. The point to having Euron pretend to abandon Cersei is to set up the Targaryen alliance in a way the surprise can defeat overwhelmingly superior forces. Right now Cersei is outnumbered at least 5 to one. She has no *nukes AKA dragons, she has only a superior Navy.  She owns the seas through Euron. With Euron displaying erratic behavior to start the meeting, it was a public display of discord and a lack of discipline amongst her force commanders, specifically, with her only critical capability. The erratic behavior is a very public display of weakness in the face of their enemies. I believe this will ultimately fail though. Something tells me Dario Naharis might be in play here.  

2. The only real way they could have planned this is if they have an insider in Jon or Dany's forces. I have no idea who it is, but I'd say Varys if anyone. For all we know it could have been Littlefinger. Great thing Arya has the ability to snatch his face off and get close to one of the last people on her little list (Cersei).  

3. It was necessary, but everyone in the world knew that she would lie. Sadly, Tyrion fell for her lies. I believe he actually just wanted some closure in the loss of his niece and nephew. I would LOVE to know what his and Cersei's conversation was about after the scene cut. 

4. Sansa and Arya fooling LF was absolutely necessary. It's the most cathartic justice the series could have possibly served. In the north, you must pass the sentence and swing the sword. I don't know how they are about Ladies in that whole procedure, but I think they nailed this. LF was taken out by the use of his greatest strength. His voice. He was undone by it over the past 3 episodes. Oh, by the way, Bran (a stark, and the heir to Winterfell if he'd wanted it) was able to supply every bit of evidence needed. D&D just didn't have time to show how this happened. Remember the old 3ER was able to take folks back with him to points in history...Now, the viewer just has to believe that he has done that with those necessary (Yon Royce, Sansa, Arya, Lord Glover, Lyanna Mormont and any other vessel lords, or banner men to Winterfell). There was a scene that was cut showing Sansa asking Bran to help in this case. 

5. Tyrion is not upset as a lover. He is upset as he believes the purpose of his life (As he stated in Season 5 multiple times) is to guide Dany to the Iron throne. With Jon / Aegon as her King / Boyfriend / paramour / whatever they plan to call it, Jon's advice would carry more weight than Tyrion's, even as her hand. He is also the uber intelligent person that understands that Dany is more than likely going to make some sort of hyper emotional idiotic sacrifice at a critical moment in battle to save Jon.

Edited immediately as I forgot one of my points in part of #1.

Edited by A man has no name

On 8/27/2017 at 10:49 PM, iprayiam said:

So, this episode implied both that Bran cannot see the future and that the NK can. I wonder what the implications of this will be or whether it will never be addressed or straight contradicted.

I believe it's because the NK is 8,000 years old and probably out classed the new 3ER. Remember, Max Von Sydow's 3ER knew he was about to die. I believe he had the ability to see the future, so Bran might be able to do this here pretty soon.

On 8/29/2017 at 2:34 PM, Lady Fishbiscuit said:

Still wondering about Theons ultimate fate/purpose. With Jaime finally leaving Cersei and going north to join the heroes and Theon heading off to rescue Yara, is there a chance that Theon could end up being the valonqar? What do you guys think?  They keep having him referred to as 'Little Theon'. I'm not completely sold on this theory but I did wonder after this episode. 

(PS do we know if Yara is being held in kingslanding or on Euron's ship?)

I think Theon will be instrumental when everyone needs to flee to the islands. I mean, wights can't swim, so, even though there is now a zombie dragon, I assume there's a chance people will be evacuated from the mainland. All houses who rule over islands will become protectors of sorts; Theon/Yara at the Iron Islands, Lyanna Mormont at Bear Island, someone at Harrenhal, perhaps, then I'll say Varys on behalf of Daenerys at Dragonstone... maybe some people will make their way out to Essos. Ok, the more I write about it the less it seems plausible, but who knows. It would give Theon more of a role than just going through all kinds of shit and maybe saving his sister (who needs to have a better part to play to be justified as a character I think).

11 hours ago, prankquean said:

I think Theon will be instrumental when everyone needs to flee to the islands. I mean, wights can't swim, so, even though there is now a zombie dragon, I assume there's a chance people will be evacuated from the mainland. All houses who rule over islands will become protectors of sorts; Theon/Yara at the Iron Islands, Lyanna Mormont at Bear Island, someone at Harrenhal, perhaps, then I'll say Varys on behalf of Daenerys at Dragonstone... maybe some people will make their way out to Essos. Ok, the more I write about it the less it seems plausible, but who knows. It would give Theon more of a role than just going through all kinds of shit and maybe saving his sister (who needs to have a better part to play to be justified as a character I think).

If Wights can't swim, how did they get the chains under the dragon in episode 6?

I am not trying to argue with you or anything, but that confuses me. Hence why I think they actually might be able to the heroes just don't know yet.

On 8/28/2017 at 3:26 AM, KingintheNorth4 said:

It seems like Varys is just there. That's easily one of the drawbacks of not adapting the Young Griff/Aegon arc.

And what's with Tyrion creeping outside of Dany's room? I don't think he betrayed her, but still. That was weird.

If there is someone betraying Dany, my $ is on Varys...

On 8/28/2017 at 4:03 AM, Alphonzo said:

Rather than compare the books to the show and being disappointed...  I compare the books to other fantasy series and am quite satisfied...  and I compare the show to other TV shows and am quite satisfied.  The show was never intended to compete with the books, so I don't know why people treat it as if there is some right or wrong way to adapt the story.  Frankly, I am glad that they are markedly different; I can enjoy them both on their own.

This. So much this. I'm so tired of reading "The show is garbage" *Dave Chappell voice* HATE HATE HATE HATE 

I say if you hate the show, there is plenty of others on cable. I agree that this may be the best TV series ever, and the best fantasy book series ever--just keep the comparisons apart. One can imagine with their mind's eye so much more than any CGI can create. 

On 08/30/2017 at 2:23 AM, A man has no name said:

I'm begining to believe that is Gendry's purpose. He was the apprentice to the only man in the 7 kingdoms that knew how to smith Valyrian steel swords. (see: ICE ==> Widow's wail + Oath Keeper).

Not at all. Gendry never touched Ice. When Ice is reforged, Tywin clearly says he had to find the last blacksmith in Volantis who knew how to deal with valyrian steel - magic spells, etc.

At no time in the show it's etablished that Gendry has any experience with valyrian steel.

On 8/29/2017 at 4:54 PM, Titan of Bravos said:

Speaking of Cersei's impenetrable bodyguard, anyone else notice that he didn't step out in front of his liege when that wight was charging at her?

He and Jaime both take a few seconds longer than they should to react, but they both step between Cersei and the wight. Had to slomo watch to see it.

Re: awkward Jonerys sex, I realized that one of the things that bothered me was him going to her room. Once Jon bent the knee, going to her room was disrespectful of his queen and presumptuous. If she had gone to him, that would be different.