The younger, more beautiful queen . . .

The younger, more beautiful queen is Daenerys Targaryen.  The one who will take everything from Cersei.  I can't wait to see this happen. 

1. My questions is, when will this happen?  Before the final battle with the Night's King?  After the battle with the Night's King?  I am leaning towards AFTER the final battle with the Night's King and Daenerys is ready to set her plans in motion to break the wheel. 
  2. Daenerys will become Queen of Westeros.  And even though I don't like Jon, I believe he will rule beside her.  Similar to Allysanne and Jaeherys did two hundred years ago.  I don't see any other candidates, at least not on the show.
  3. More dragon eggs will be found or laid.  The dragons are needed to balance out the White Walkers. 

TBH I feel like TYMBQ being Dany is too obvious? I don't really think she'll survive the entire series but I've been wrong before obviously. It definitely could be though. The only other current option is Sansa and I don't see her sitting on the Iron Throne either.

I'm almost certain of two things:

1. The White Walkers will make it far enough south to destroy King's Landing.

2. Daenerys won't survive the final battle against the dead.

This means that if she's really the one who's going to overthrow Cersei, it'll happen before the final battle.

1 hour ago, Pandean said:

TBH I feel like TYMBQ being Dany is too obvious? I don't really think she'll survive the entire series but I've been wrong before obviously. It definitely could be though. The only other current option is Sansa and I don't see her sitting on the Iron Throne either.

There's only one truncated season left, and a lot of things to resolve. There's no way every single one of them is going to end with a big twist; many things are going to go the "obvious" way.

And especially in this case, where we already had one twist, that it wasn't Margy, so do we really need a second one at the last second?

And there aren't too many female characters left, much less younger, more beautiful female characters who have any chance of being Queen of anything.*

---

* Unless the show ends with Westeros collapsed into 37 separate kingdoms, and Queen Lyanna Mormont of Bear Island proclaims "There's more beauty in my sword hand than your entire body" before killing her; that would be a nice fist-pumping fan-service moment, right?

1 hour ago, Pandean said:

Its only "obvious" now because we have known this for decades and overspeculated it to death. Its as "obvious" as R + L = J. 

In the context of the story, Cersei first thought it was Sansa, then she thought it was Margaery, so it is quite fitting that its actually the young queen she was not bothered about until the last couple of books / seasons. Its what the story has been building up to for years.

Forcefully changing the end game just for the sake of a twist because fans have figured it out, is just bad and contrived writing. 

1 minute ago, daemonTheBlack said:

Its only "obvious" now because we have known this for decades and overspeculated it to death. Its as "obvious" as R + L = J. 

Forcefully changing the end game just for the sake of a twist because fans have figured it out, is just bad and contrived writing. 

Like changing R+L=J to R+L=A, ha, his name was Aegon not Jon, it's a twist! :)

2 hours ago, Pandean said:

The "it's too obvious" line has also been used against Jon being the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna (and is still used by book purists that way), didn't stop that from being true.

Plus it's not so much "obvious" as it's "logical" and that both book readers and show watchers had enoguh time to figure it out (just like with L+R=J)

Sansa was suspected to be the Younger, More Beautiful Queen by Cersei (hence her treatment of the girl), Margaery was suspected to be the Younger, More Beautiful Queen by Cersei as well, hence her batshit methods to bring her down.

Daenerys, so far, has not entered Cersei's thoughts as TYMBQ (particularly because she seems to think she has defeated the prophecy by killing Margaery and being pregnant again), so it's not obvious to Cersei. 

Really by now Daenerys is the only candidate left.

2 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

The "it's too obvious" line has also been used against Jon being the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna (and is still used by book purists that way), didn't stop that from being true.

Plus it's not so much "obvious" as it's "logical" and that both book readers and show watchers had enoguh time to figure it out (just like with L+R=J)

Sansa was suspected to be the Younger, More Beautiful Queen by Cersei (hence her treatment of the girl), Margaery was suspected to be the Younger, More Beautiful Queen by Cersei as well, hence her batshit methods to bring her down.

Daenerys, so far, has not entered Cersei's thoughts as TYMBQ (particularly because she seems to think she has defeated the prophecy by killing Margaery and being pregnant again), so it's not obvious to Cersei. 

Really by now Daenerys is the only candidate left.

11 minutes ago, daemonTheBlack said:

In the context of the story, Cersei first thought it was Sansa, then she thought it was Margaery, so it is quite fitting that its actually the young queen she was not bothered about until the last couple of books / seasons. Its what the story has been building up to for years.

20 minutes ago, falcotron said:

There's only one truncated season left, and a lot of things to resolve. There's no way every single one of them is going to end with a big twist; many things are going to go the "obvious" way.

And especially in this case, where we already had one twist, that it wasn't Margy, so do we really need a second one at the last second?

And there aren't too many female characters left, much less younger, more beautiful female characters who have any chance of being Queen of anything.*

---

* Unless the show ends with Westeros collapsed into 37 separate kingdoms, and Queen Lyanna Mormont of Bear Island proclaims "There's more beauty in my sword hand than your entire body" before killing her; that would be a nice fist-pumping fan-service moment, right?

It was just a thought....sorry. Shouldn't have said anything, I guess. I didn't mean to imply i wanted bad writing or something...

I do think it could still be Sansa. Who knows. I do know that I doubt Daenerys will ever actually sit on the iron throne.

22 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Like changing R+L=J to R+L=A, ha, his name was Aegon not Jon, it's a twist! :)

I hope you are joking. That is hardly a twist. All R+L=J theorists speculated his real name is Aegon. "Jon" was a convenient northern-isation, because Ned Stark's "son" could not possibly carry a Targaryen name.

8 minutes ago, greensleeves said:

I do think it could still be Sansa. Who knows. I do know that I doubt Daenerys will ever actually sit on the iron throne.

She probably wont, not for long anyway. But she will definitely take it away from Cersei. Thats all the prophesy specifies.

12 minutes ago, Pandean said:

It was just a thought....sorry. Shouldn't have said anything, I guess. I didn't mean to imply i wanted bad writing or something...

Dont take it personally. You have become the unwitting figurehead of the great many people making this nonsensical argument about the show "being too obvious"..... after seven seasons of death and destruction with 80% of the characters eliminated.There has to be some main characters left, otherwise there would not be a story.

Actually, and this could just be crackpot - the younger, more beautiful one, could perhaps be Arya, who's supposed to look like Lyanna, who was said to be beautiful and idealized/idolized by Robert. There's a certain sort of ... symmetry, perhaps, in the Younger More Beautiful one to cast down Cersei and all she holds dear resembling the one whose place Cersei took.

Although .. if it were to be Arya, it'd be a book matter.

For the show, realistically, I expect the Younger More Beautiful one to be Daenerys.

13 minutes ago, Pandean said:

I also think Daenerys is too obvious. We don't know who sits the IT in the end yet. It could also be that the wife of a male character displaces Cersei as queen.

It is definitely possible it's Dany, and seems likely it's her. But anything can happen in the last few episodes, judging by the pace of season 7.

9 minutes ago, daemonTheBlack said:

I hope you are joking. That is hardly a twist. All R+L=J theorists speculated his real name is Aegon. "Jon" was a convenient northern-isation, because Ned Stark's "son" could not possibly carry a Targaryen name.

Well, as the emoji implies, it's mostly facetious.

But seriously, not a single R+L=J theorist that I've ever seen has ever speculated that his real name was Aegon, at least not until people started seeing leaks for this season. I still haven't seen anyone explain why it's Aegon, either in-universe or out-of-universe. And I sincerely doubt it's going to be Aegon in the books.

Ned called him Jon because nobody would question him naming his bastard son after his mentor, Jon Arryn. It's not a northernization of his actual name. (Especially because Jon isn't a northern name in the first place, it's an old Andal name.)

20 minutes ago, daemonTheBlack said:

Dont take it personally. You have become the unwitting figurehead of the great many people making this nonsensical argument about the show "being too obvious"..... after seven seasons of death and destruction with 80% of the characters eliminated.There has to be some main characters left, otherwise there would not be a story.

Sorry......I didn't mean to be nonsensical or anything....it was just a random thought.

I won't talk about it or say anything again....I don't want people to be upset or angry...

It was dumb. I forget everyone makes such complex theories and arguments and I don't really do that >.> I'm not very good with this foru,m, I'm afraid.

Just now, falcotron said:

But seriously, not a single R+L=J theorist that I've ever seen has ever speculated that his real name was Aegon, at least not until people started seeing leaks for this season. I still haven't seen anyone explain why it's Aegon, either in-universe or out-of-universe. And I sincerely doubt it's going to be Aegon in the books.

It was either Aegon, or in some rare cases, Jaehaerys. Every R+L=J speculation I have seen had one of those two. Those were the closest Targaryen names to "Jon".

Just now, falcotron said:

Ned called him Jon because nobody would question him naming his bastard son after his mentor, Jon Arryn. It's not a northernization of his actual name. (Especially because Jon isn't a northern name in the first place, it's an old Andal name.)

Ahh yes, Thats true. Well as long as it was not a Targaryen name, it would have sufficed.

16 minutes ago, Pandean said:

Sorry......I didn't mean to be nonsensical or anything....it was just a random thought.

Just because people question one of your ideas doesn't mean you're dumb.

I've raised plenty of ideas that didn't pan out because of something I hadn't thought of. (Mostly on the book sections of the forum, but that still counts, right?) In fact, that's half the reason for suggesting them—I probably wouldn't have thought of the holes in my idea, but now I know them.

17 minutes ago, daemonTheBlack said:

It was either Aegon, or in some rare cases, Jaehaerys. Every R+L=J speculation I have seen had one of those two. Those were the closest Targaryen names to "Jon".

Ahh yes, Thats true. Well as long as it was not a Targaryen name, it would have sufficed.

Can you find even a single example? The R+L=J thread on this forum is up to 164 threads. Theories about his real name aren't part of the summary page or the FAQ for it. Searching the last few threads, the only time anyone raised the name "Aegon" was to refer to his half-brother, or to one of his polygamous ancestors (as justification for why he might be legitimate).

Since the episode, there's one person who claims he had a theory about this a few years ago and everyone else told him he was wrong and he hasn't mentioned it since.

And another guy who referred to the leaks about this episode to propose a theory that book!Jon really is Aegon, but it's because the real R+L baby was switched with Aegon, so Jon is Elia's son.

Archived