CLEGANEBOWL 100% CONFIRMED?!

1 hour ago, Edward Teach said:

When is that supposed to happen? The Mountain stays in Kingslanding, the Hound goes back north again.

They say they have like 6-8 episodes in feature length. How many battles are we supposed to see? Even if we have to get 1 epilogue episode and 3 or 4 battles and 1 episode of preparation, with this last season's pace, I figure they still have a lot of story to cover.

Cleganebowl is 100% confirmed as one of the things they cover.

2 hours ago, falcotron said:

The scales are never consistent on this show (or even in the books) if it gets in the way of the plot.

So they'll just have the Mountain and the Hound be 80 miles tall and 70 miles tall so they can fight from halfway across the continent.

And don't tell me you wouldn't find that awesome.

Only if they play the Godzilla Theme during the fight.

....Not even something similar. Just blatant copyright infringement. 

The Mountain seemed like a bit of a wimp there. for 

10 minutes ago, Tywinelle said:

That scene with the Mountain and the Hound was super cheesy.  I would actually be perfectly ok with it if they didn't meet again.

The Mountain seemed like a bit of a total wimp there. For a start he had shrunk, secondly he totally seemed afraid of the Hound and did nothing back to scare the Hound. 

1 minute ago, pinoyathletics said:

The Mountain seemed like a bit of a wimp there. for 

The Mountain seemed like a bit of a total wimp there. For a start he had shrunk, secondly he totally seemed afraid of the Hound and did nothing back to scare the Hound. 

IKR?  Not even a growl LOL

I think it points to Cleganebowl happening in the North actually.  Cersei made a very clear threat against Jaime using Robert Strong if he ever betrays her.  She also implies he's expendable now that she's pregnant.  Well Jaime is now on his way north.  Cercei has also made some pretty fatalistic speeches about going down swinging this season.  What I can imagine being her prompt to mash down the self-destruct button is her probable miscarriage.  Without a child and without Jaime what does she really have left?  She has her enemies, the ones that she hates personally, all in the North:  Tyrion and Sansa.  Now Jaime is joining them.  Sansa did warn Jon that Cersei could reach them in the North and not to underestimate her.  Why not at that point send Robert Strong to take as many of them out as he can if she's got nothing left?  I think that puts SAndor in more of a position as motivated to protect rather than as a pure vengeance, which is more consistent with how they've been developing his character this season.  I could actually see Brienne, Jaime, and the Hound fighting Robert Strong together.  Because we really haven't see the full capability of unGregor as a fighter.  We did see him tear a man's head off pretty easily, so there's that...  

I am all about CLEGANEBOWL: A Song Of Hype And Fire.  Definitely confirmed, I am excited as fuck.  I do agree it is unclear where they will actually meet and fight - I don't think it makes sense for the Hound to go to King's Landing unless maybe he is accompanying Jaime on a mission to get Cersei to commit troops.

4 hours ago, DirewolfDave said:

Only if they play the Godzilla Theme during the fight.

....Not even something similar. Just blatant copyright infringement. 

Definitely. Fund it!

1 hour ago, Blue-Eyed Wolf said:

Cercei has also made some pretty fatalistic speeches about going down swinging this season.  What I can imagine being her prompt to mash down the self-destruct button is her probable miscarriage.  Without a child and without Jaime what does she really have left?

I'd be a little disappointed for Cersei's character to end exactly the same way as so many other characters, reduced to personal vengeance. That was Ellaria's story, not Cersei's; she should have something grander, like an attempt to destroy the world if she can't have it.

That being said, if it's well done, I won't complain. It's certainly possible to come at the same basic story from different angles by using different characters, and maybe they'll pull that off.

2 hours ago, Lord Derrick Ümlaut said:

I'd like to believe, on a more poetic whim, that it is fire. The hound kills him... But with fire. 

Oh, this site is driving me nuts; I was replying to your comment, looked into another window and now it has all disappeared!!! Arg!!!

Never mind, yes I was saying I would totally love that!!!  I was also saying that although I am not one of those who sees foreshadowing in everything, in the previous episode the fire swords got a lot of attention.  I would love if what he uses is Thoros sword!

Sandor was almost brought back.  Granted, he was never dead but came close to it, have to still be alive for a reason... or more than one I guess but hey.  He seems calmer, although still grumpy lol and I believe he is beginning to conquer some of his fears (fire among them).  He was able to look into the flames for instance... It would be a grand and fitting development if what you suggest was to happen IMHO.

I had given up all hope for a Clegagnebowl, even after watching last night's episode and I hope you guys here are right, since the majority think it will happen.  Given the Stark -v- LF development I think we are going to see a lot of this "justice" plots coming to pass, so I am hopeful now... lol

Last night I felt that Sandor may not have won.  The location wasn't right, Cersei's home game.... and UnGregor seems just sooo strong.  However, I think Sandor was always way smarter and a fight is not always won by the strongest.  As a friend of mine pointed out, the Viper nearly got him... if he had only not been so intent on revenge and humiliation...  I think Sandor's time in Quite Island has to mean something for his development too.  He still has his "mask" (which Tormund could see through lol) and he pretends to be worse than he is but he certainly has a moral compass and appears calmer now and, in my humble opinion, the ability to remain calmer is what can make us successful in a society like that.

Take Tyrion for instance.  He was fine, mostly... until he lost his cool! The only times he has done something awful is when his emotions took over and/or he was put through stuff that I would challenge anyone to come out better.  Same goes for Sandor.  In fact, I see these characters as totally opposite in appearance (not just physical) but very alike, save for the fact that Tyrion is the sophisticated, courtier like version and Sandor the warrior one...  Also, something (okay a bit off topic here) that I have just realised is that the Blackwater was the turning point for both of them (for the worse).  I think they will both get their reckoning.  I think Tyrion is done with killing for the most part but Sandor has "a debt to pay!"

Can't wait!!! and if he can take down Kyburn as well, champagne is in order!!! ;)

14 hours ago, Theon_is_Azor said:

I don't see the Clegane fight as fan service at all. All the way back in season one (? Very early on), the Hound confronted his brother with a quickness at that jousting tournament. I think killing the Mountain is an almost integral part of the Hound's character development. They were always gonna fight eventually.

I have to agree with you. He has said it several times throughout the series that he wants to kill his brother or that his brother will die by his hands. And it has been shown that he and Oberyn are the only two people in the series not afraid to go toe to toe with him. I don't think this is fan service this is where his story was always going to lead.

2 hours ago, Blue-Eyed Wolf said:

I think it points to Cleganebowl happening in the North actually.  Cersei made a very clear threat against Jaime using Robert Strong if he ever betrays her.  She also implies he's expendable now that she's pregnant.  Well Jaime is now on his way north.  Cercei has also made some pretty fatalistic speeches about going down swinging this season.  What I can imagine being her prompt to mash down the self-destruct button is her probable miscarriage.  Without a child and without Jaime what does she really have left?  She has her enemies, the ones that she hates personally, all in the North:  Tyrion and Sansa.  Now Jaime is joining them.  Sansa did warn Jon that Cersei could reach them in the North and not to underestimate her.  Why not at that point send Robert Strong to take as many of them out as he can if she's got nothing left?  I think that puts SAndor in more of a position as motivated to protect rather than as a pure vengeance, which is more consistent with how they've been developing his character this season.  I could actually see Brienne, Jaime, and the Hound fighting Robert Strong together.  Because we really haven't see the full capability of unGregor as a fighter.  We did see him tear a man's head off pretty easily, so there's that...  

I got to go for what you say too :)

50 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

I would love if what he uses is Thoros sword!

Yes.

Also, I think (or maybe just hope) that his "justice" plot may go a little differently—he'll get vengeance on his brother, and then realize that wasn't his destiny, he still has a bigger part to play in the larger struggle.

Having him suddenly able to use fire magic to activate Thoros's sword in the Cleganebowl would set him down the path to becoming a real warrior-priest for the fire god, after being afraid of fire his entire life. He's clearly already on that path, with the critical fire vision a few weeks ago.

15 hours ago, falcotron said:

The scales are never consistent on this show (or even in the books) if it gets in the way of the plot.

So they'll just have the Mountain and the Hound be 80 miles tall and 70 miles tall so they can fight from halfway across the continent.

And don't tell me you wouldn't find that awesome.

On another thread, someone suggested that Qyburn wants to build some kind of Voltron-style mega-Mountain out of wights.

I hereby withdraw my idea, because hell yeah, mega-Mountain made of wights is much better than just 70-mile-high Mountain.

Archived