CLEGANEBOWL 100% CONFIRMED?!

8 minutes ago, falcotron said:

I'm a little surprised that our writers Fan & Service didn't have someone on-screen say "Oooooh, Cleganebowl confirmed, get hype!"

But yeah, they basically did everything short of that. It's happening next season.

I think what we saw was actually a three person hit squad of Arya, Brienne and the Hound being set up.

Jamie is going to make it to WF to give news of Cersei's treachery. Tyrion is going to say, hey, lets bump off Cersei and grab those troops. Sansa then points out she knows a faceless man they can use.

19 minutes ago, falcotron said:

I'm a little surprised that our writers Fan & Service didn't have someone on-screen say "Oooooh, Cleganebowl confirmed, get hype!"

But yeah, they basically did everything short of that. It's happening next season.

Yeah, sometimes I feel like the show is a little too self-referential/ look how awesome we are. 

Still hyped, of course.

11 minutes ago, hallam said:

I think what we saw was actually a three person hit squad of Arya, Brienne and the Hound being set up.

Jamie is going to make it to WF to give news of Cersei's treachery. Tyrion is going to say, hey, lets bump off Cersei and grab those troops. Sansa then points out she knows a faceless man they can use.

I dunno, as much as I hate it, it looks like Tyrion is being setup to betray Dany......

11 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

I dunno, as much as I hate it, it looks like Tyrion is being setup to betray Dany......

That would be a good thing, cause the whole show would get something back from what made it great in the beginning. Right now it is 100% flat story hollywood crap.

I don't see the Clegane fight as fan service at all. All the way back in season one (? Very early on), the Hound confronted his brother with a quickness at that jousting tournament. I think killing the Mountain is an almost integral part of the Hound's character development. They were always gonna fight eventually.

5 minutes ago, Hodor's Aunt said:

That would be a good thing, cause the whole show would get something back from what made it great in the beginning. Right now it is 100% flat story hollywood crap.

Well, there is an element of truth to that, however, where all kidding ourselves if we don't think the plot leaks lead to an element of complete predictability, which in many ways makes the writing even more a disappointment, as there were no surprises. 

40 minutes ago, hallam said:

My thoughts exactly. 

16 minutes ago, Theon_is_Azor said:

I don't see the Clegane fight as fan service at all. All the way back in season one (? Very early on), the Hound confronted his brother with a quickness at that jousting tournament. I think killing the Mountain is an almost integral part of the Hound's character development. They were always gonna fight eventually.

Occasionally, what the fans want is actually something the story demands, rather than a stupid meme-driven side track.

That's when the writers' job is easiest.

21 minutes ago, Theon_is_Azor said:

Agreed, and well said.  I wonder what he meant when he told the Mountain what is coming for him.  Does he mean the death is coming for him, and always has been? 

6 minutes ago, Yoren Luck said:

Agreed, and well said.  I wonder what he meant when he told the Mountain what is coming for him.  Does he mean the death is coming for him, and always has been? 

I think he means he is coming for him. But not now. Their meeting was too important for their squabbles to play out, but it's gonna happen.

2 hours ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

The Cleganebowl is real.  It's always been real.  

Not all of us can see the past, present, and future as if it were all happening in front of us, Bran.

So, since you can, mind giving us a play-by-play? (Ideally in the prose style of GRRM, but with color commentary in the style of John Madden.)

1 hour ago, Edward Teach said:

When is that supposed to happen? The Mountain stays in Kingslanding, the Hound goes back north again.

The scales are never consistent on this show (or even in the books) if it gets in the way of the plot.

So they'll just have the Mountain and the Hound be 80 miles tall and 70 miles tall so they can fight from halfway across the continent.

And don't tell me you wouldn't find that awesome.

Archived