So LF isnt scared of a Faceless man?

Xarkar

So the thing the bugged me most about this episode is that LF didnt seem to care that Arya was a FM.

He didnt seem to be worried that he was plotting against one.

I mean come on.  LF should damn well know what a FM if you found out the person you were plotting to kill happened to be one... you wouldnt be the lease bit worried?  

he should have been crapping his pants the second he found out what Arya was and be planning to hightail it out of WF knowing he would lose.

2 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Substitute Littlefinger for Paulie, as Clemenza says-

Not a fan of show LF, but I don't think it's fair to compare him to Paulie.  All that guy did is fake sick.

Also, while LF knows of the FM by reputation he also would know that it is a skillset that takes a long time to master so he is probably not convinced that Arya is a true FM and judging by the way Arya has been acting like a child he underestimates her.  It is the LF equivalent of the first pass in Arya's sparing with Brienne.

26 minutes ago, Rant and Rave said:

Of course he is scared. He was in a position to get rid of one through his plotting, or so he thought

Exactly This^ 

And he attempted to deal with it the way LF always has. Only this time it backfired. I actually enjoyed the way it went down and thought it was well done. I loved seeing the transformation from smug schemer to groveling coward. The Starks got some payback tonight. It's been a long time coming...

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

Exactly This^ 

And he attempted to deal with it the way LF always has. Only this time it backfired. I actually enjoyed the way it went down and thought it was well done. I loved seeing the transformation from smug schemer to groveling coward. The Starks got some payback tonight. It's been a long time coming...

I would have enjoyed it more if Sansa used the lessons she learned from Littlefinger to take him down, or if she and Arya plotted against Littlefinger and caught him in a trap. Sansa just told everyone what she already knew he had done, after months of twiddling her thumbs in Winterfell. The whole story seemed like a waste of time, because nothing she or Arya did really ended up taking him down or outsmarting him. Sansa could have blabbed about him killing Lysa as soon as Jon left.

2 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Not a fan of show LF, but I don't think it's fair to compare him to Paulie.  All that guy did is fake sick.

The operative words were meant to be Clemenza's response to Sonny- "Ah Pauli, ya wont see him no more."

or with LF substituted-

"Ah Littlefinger, ya wont see him no more.":D

1 hour ago, Col Cinders said:

It is the LF equivalent of the first pass in Arya's sparing with Brienne.

Thats kind of a feature with Arya's character, people are usually thrown off guard by under estimating her. Though by Brienne and the Hounds KL small talk, and this Great Hall execution in front of everyone, the Cat is out of the bag. Arya's (grown) stature has arrived. 

54 minutes ago, Lorathi said:

I would have enjoyed it more if Sansa used the lessons she learned from Littlefinger to take him down, or if she and Arya plotted against Littlefinger and caught him in a trap. Sansa just told everyone what she already knew he had done, after months of twiddling her thumbs in Winterfell. The whole story seemed like a waste of time, because nothing she or Arya did really ended up taking him down or outsmarting him. Sansa could have blabbed about him killing Lysa as soon as Jon left.

Or before Jon left. Sansa could have dropped that exact same bomb on Littlefinger at any point. I think the only ones that she couldn't've were the turning on Ned in the Throne Room, and the dagger.

Jon still would've killed Littlefinger even without those if Sansa'd turned on Littlefinger.

31 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

The operative words were meant to be Clemenza's response to Sonny- "Ah Pauli, ya wont see him no more."

or with LF substituted-

"Ah Littlefinger, ya wont see him no more.":D

Oh yeah, I got that part.  As in Sansa-Clemenza tell Arya-Rocco:  "Leave the Valyrian dagger, take the lemoncakes."

13 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Exactly This^ 

Winter is here!!!! this scene was great. I was hoping so much that the girls were playing and trapping LF and i've been waiting for his execution since he put that dagger to Ned's neck. Just beautiful!!

17 hours ago, Lorathi said:

I thînk the difference here was that he tried pitting the girls against each other in an attempt to destroy the family unity and create his usual chaos. The girls just gave him enough rope to hang himself by letting him think they were falling for it. I thought it was masterfully done and thoroughly enjoyed how it went down. Matter of fact In a recent post I wrote about how I'd like to see it happen almost exactly the way it did. 

Team Stark for the win!!! :D

20 hours ago, Lorathi said:

She didn't know all of LFs shenanigans until Bran used his sight to tell her everything. What LF underestimated was how powerful Bran really is. His powers to see everything allowed him to inform Cersai and Arya everything that the squid had done. But once his murder of Liza cam to light and he couldn't deny, he was cooked.

3 hours ago, Green Knight said:

I thînk the difference here was that he tried pitting the girls against each other in an attempt to destroy the family unity and create his usual chaos. The girls just gave him enough rope to hang himself by letting him think they were falling for it. I thought it was masterfully done and thoroughly enjoyed how it went down. Matter of fact In a recent post I wrote about how I'd like to see it happen almost exactly the way it did. 

Team Stark for the win!!! :D

Great post!!!

That was not LF confessing and acting stupid. Arya simply killed him earlier and then magically wore his face and hers at the same time.

Dumb and Dumber spend their time not writing but reading forums and memes. As you can see by green knight's comment, it's fan service, served in a simple platter. 

Archived