The Seven Blessings of 707

49 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Well, this is really interesting.  A moment ago I was going to say that I thought Arya would have had huge problems in KL because she is very proud and totally dislikes the game.  Then, a second later I realised that she did play games and swallowed a hell of a lot of pride with the FM, so she might well have acted more like Sansa in KL too whilst plotting revenge of course :)

Yeah, good points, but Arya surely does have a temper, and does sometimes act impulsively.

Honestly, I cannot imagine Ramsay treating Arya like he treated Sansa without Arya killing him VERY soon, even if it meant she did not get out of Winterfell alive after she killed Ramsay (this hypothetical puts her in Sansa's place, meaning Arya would not have her fighting skills and Faceless Man powers)

55 minutes ago, Cron said:

It's pretty easy for me to imagine the series ending with Brienne pregnant with Jaime's child.

It would be fitting, cuz Jaime is/was so concerned with family and legacy, and that got REALLY screwed up throughout most of his life.  He had kids with Cersei, but they, of course, are already all dead.

So, as the epilogue to Jaime's story (after he dies at the end of the current series), I think it would be very appropriate closure to his story for his legacy to still be alive, with Brienne, as she finally fills in his pages in the King's Guard White Book, too.

I can totally visualise that scene in the very last episode.  I guess the kid would end up with Casterly Rock so in a way Tywin would get what he always wanted too in a round about way.  Tyrion would be screwed in the books though, since he all but signed away the Lannister's fortune to the Second Sons lol but I am sure he will find some way to wriggle out of that bargain ;)

57 minutes ago, Cron said:

Yeah, good points, but Arya surely does have a temper, and does sometimes act impulsively.

Honestly, I cannot imagine Ramsay treating Arya like he treated Sansa without Arya killing him VERY soon, even if it meant she did not get out of Winterfell alive after she killed Ramsay (this hypothetical puts her in Sansa's place, meaning Arya would not have her fighting skills and Faceless Man powers)

The first image that came to my head is the different way in which Tyrion and Jorah approached the situation when they were slaves in the books.  Tyrion acted in my opinion a bit like Sansa did in KL and Jorah totally like Arya and he got badly, badly beaten up, so yes there is a point there too.

35 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

I can totally visualise that scene in the very last episode.  I guess the kid would end up with Casterly Rock so in a way Tywin would get what he always wanted too in a round about way.  Tyrion would be screwed in the books though, since he all but signed away the Lannister's fortune to the Second Sons lol but I am sure he will find some way to wriggle out of that bargain ;)

Hmm. That brings up some interesting questions.

Will the books reveal the Lannisters to actually be broke, like the show did?  (tywin told Cersei years ago on the show that no gold had been mined at Casterly Rock for years, and they were broke.)

And...did Tyrion even have the authority to sign away whatever they had left to the Second Sons?  Probably not, which means they are probably not going to be too happy with him one day when they find out.

But hey, maybe he can cut some other deal to satisfy them, I suppose.

40 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

The first image that came to my head is the different way in which Tyrion and Jorah approached the situation when they were slaves in the books.  Tyrion acted in my opinion a bit like Sansa did in KL and Jorah totally like Arya and he got badly, badly beaten up, so yes there is a point there too.

Interesting, I never thought about that.

There's a fable about the strong oak and the reed that blows in the wind.  Basically, the oak is strong, and the reed is weak, so in most winds the oak is steady and constant while the reed blows all over the place, but in a really strong wind the oak is uprooted and destroyed (cuz it won't yield), whereas the reed temporarily blows over, and is still there when the strong wind passes by.

(I used to love Aesop's Fables when I was a kid.  Great, great stuff.)

On 29.8.2017 at 4:29 AM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

I like this theory a lot!  I also believe that Jaime will probably kill Cersei, and even more likely be the one who delivers the realm saving blow to defeat the white walkers once and for all (likely dying in the process) but I am not on board with him and Brienne having sex or conceiving a child.

I'd like it to be Tormund and Brienne. I enjoy how Jaime respects Brienne and hopefully there will be some nice act from Jaime towards Brienne, but more so I'd like to see another wildling-westerosi couple together since Ygrette didn't survive.

On 29.8.2017 at 8:45 AM, SansaJonRule said:

3)      Cersei and Tyrion’s meeting, and the fact that she couldn’t kill him even though she wanted to.  You could see the struggle on her face.  Well done!

This must be the only humane feature Cersei has shown. She has always loved her children. She has known Tyrion since his birth and she must have seen the child in him.

Unless they already had something going on and Cersei knows she will still need Tyrion.

On 29.8.2017 at 5:20 PM, Cron said:

It was an interesting comment by Arya.

But frankly, even if Arya really believed it's true herself, I don't believe it.

Arya is VERY mentally tough, and I really don't see how she could have failed to survive what Sansa survived.  Sure, Sansa had to endure some really bad stuff, but Arya had to be a LOT more self-reliant and independent for a lot longer, and had to use skills to survive that Sansa could never have mustered up (Sansa simply didn't have the interest in learning such skills, going way back in their history)

But hey, I'm not saying Arya "lied" when she said she couldn't have survived what Sansa did.  I think she "believed" it in a more general sense, as in an acknowledgement that what happened to Sansa was really, REALLY bad stuff, and could not imagine having to go through it herself.

Like so many have already said, I also believe Arya meant that in Sansa's position she would have done something hasty and ended up in more trouble. Sansa managed to stay sane after all.

On 31.8.2017 at 7:40 AM, Cron said:

There's "book smarts" and "street smarts."  There's common sense, wisdom, good instincts, intuition, willpower, drive, determination, and on and on and on, ALL of which are aspects of intelligence, and all of which have an opposite which is NOT smart.  (By the way, I could go on and on and on about this, listing many ways in which a person can be "smart" or "not smart."  I've done a lot of thinking about it.  Even many forms of athleticism are actually forms of intelligence, and/or the product of intelligence.)

Very interesting stuff, I'd like to talk about this more.

On 31.8.2017 at 7:28 PM, Cron said:

Wouldn't it be great if BRAN is the one to tell Jaime he is not the father of Cersei's current pregnancy???   WOW, talk about karma coming full circle, since Jaime pushed Bran out the window after Bran saw Jaime and Cersei having sex.

Everybody seems to assume that Jaime heads to meet Jon/Dany/Brienne/etc. but will he ever meet Bran though? That would make a nice scene... Bran's laconic statement about it.

On 31.8.2017 at 8:13 PM, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

What did the Hound mean?  "You know who is coming for you, you've always known". Does he just mean death is coming for you, you've had it coming for a long time or is he being specific?

This is interesting. Maybe there's more to it in their childhood events. There's something Mountain was afraid of and only Hound knew.

Re Valonqar: Did it occur to anyone else that killing Cersei could be an act of mercy? 

And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

She could be severely hurt and suffering (drowning in tears) for fatal childbirth or battle situation. Jaime choking her to quicken a painful and inevitable death. Just a thought...

10 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

I'd like it to be Tormund and Brienne. I enjoy how Jaime respects Brienne and hopefully there will be some nice act from Jaime towards Brienne, but more so I'd like to see another wildling-westerosi couple together since Ygrette didn't survive.

Hey, you're a fan of Tormund and Brienne getting together???  I think that makes two of us! (I'm not aware of any others, but how knows, maybe they are out there.)

This must be the only humane feature Cersei has shown. She has always loved her children. She has known Tyrion since his birth and she must have seen the child in him.

Maybe.  It's really hard for me to even speculate on why Cersei didn't kill him.  It could be nothing more than that he was there as an emissary of Dany, and Cersei didn't dare kill Tyrion under such circumstances, for fear Dany would fly into a rage and overrun King's Landing.  Dunno.

Unless they already had something going on and Cersei knows she will still need Tyrion.

Like so many have already said, I also believe Arya meant that in Sansa's position she would have done something hasty and ended up in more trouble. Sansa managed to stay sane after all.

Yeah, makes sense.  I'm coming around to that point of view, too, and choosing to interpret it that way.

Very interesting stuff, I'd like to talk about this more.

Sure, feel free to Personal Message me about it.  I've done a lot of thinking about this.  There are LOTS of ways a person can be smart, and lots of people are really smart in some ways and incredibly stupid in others.  It's true of the "real world," and Westeros.  (Age is also a huge factor when measuring "intelligence," which is why IQ tests factor in age)  I connect athleticism to intelligence for a variety of reasons, including (but not necessarily limited to) physical coordination (which comes from the brain) and "quick reflexes" (which also comes from the brain quickly processing information).  Hand-eye coordination,t oo.  It goes on and on and on..

Everybody seems to assume that Jaime heads to meet Jon/Dany/Brienne/etc. but will he ever meet Bran though? That would make a nice scene... Bran's laconic statement about it.

Yeah, I think Jaime will meet Bran again.  And the more I think about it, the more I like my idea that Bran tells Jaime that Jaime is NOT the father of Cersei's child.  If I was writing the story, that's how I would write it.  I think the symmetry and karma are just perfect.

This is interesting. Maybe there's more to it in their childhood events. There's something Mountain was afraid of and only Hound knew.

I could be wrong, but my interpretation is that Sandor was saying, basically, "We always knew that in the end it's going to come down to you versus me, and I AM going to cross you off."

Re Valonqar: Did it occur to anyone else that killing Cersei could be an act of mercy? 

And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

She could be severely hurt and suffering (drowning in tears) for fatal childbirth or battle situation. Jaime choking her to quicken a painful and inevitable death. Just a thought...

Great stuff, I never thought about that possibility.   It would work as good storytelling, I think, cuz prophecy in fiction just abous ALWAYS has an unexpected twist or twists, and that would be a doozy. It would be highly ironic if, after spending most of her life dreading that moment, actually, when if inally arrives, Cersei welcomes it.

Archived