That look on Tyrion's face

2 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

What if Tyrion is afraid the Northerners won't trust Jon anymore if they believe he only bent the knee because he's fallen for Dany?

Well, that IS the reason based on what the show has presented us. And why should the northerners trust Todd Snow now?

I actually just came across an article where Peter Dinklage said that the reason for Tyrion's look at the end was because of the circumstances of Jon and Dany's romance. He said that they couldn't help what happened between them but falling in love at a time like this, in a world like this basically dooms the relationship. So he feels sorry for them because he knows it could turn tragic. 

Tyrion was the one who gave Cersei the idea to hire the golden company and to let the AntiDead Commitee and the WW kill each other, how did he managed? He took advantage of the fact that Cersei its pregnant, he played with her emotions and drew a picture that she could find logic.. thats why she changes her mind so suddenly and the parlay its off camera, i bet this will come back to bite Tyrion in the ass and to stirr conflict into the Targ camp next season.

So he's afraid that Dany/Jon will find out and charge him with treason, even though he moved the armistice forward.. Dany jas accused him of siding with his family several times this season perhaps thats the flag

10 minutes ago, Highgarden Queen of Thorns said:

I actually just came across an article where Peter Dinklage said that the reason for Tyrion's look at the end was because of the circumstances of Jon and Dany's romance. He said that they couldn't help what happened between them but falling in love at a time like this, in a world like this basically dooms the relationship. So he feels sorry for them because he knows it could turn tragic. 

you have a link to this article? Curious to read on it

41 minutes ago, Hoo said:

I want Tyrion Targ reveal!

when is that coming?

In the show, never.

I think it is very clear that the show is not going to give us anything more about the Robert's rebellion backstory other than to tell us it was a lie.

And I think that book Tyrion might well turn out to be Tywin's only legitimate son. 

19 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

What if Tyrion is afraid the Northerners won't trust Jon anymore if they believe he only bent the knee because he's fallen for Dany?

Possible, it certainly complicates things for them.

11 minutes ago, Highgarden Queen of Thorns said:

I think that is it. After all, think of how Tyrion's romances have ended up.

I don't think he's jealous or in love with Dany....but I do think he knows that this can only mean trouble due to the situation and the like. Tyrion himself hasn't had the best experience with romance.

47 minutes ago, Christi84 said:

I'm seeing it as with all the talk with her about succession and who will rule after her, hes worried about her life. She's getting in with Jon Snow and he knows she'll be even more willing to put her life on the line for him..and Jorah probably knows that too. So like Viserion, she could die for nothing..or die for love and be Nyssa Nyssa to Jons Azor Ahai

Also, I think Tyrion was sincere in his worries about what happens to Dany's reforms if she dies. So, what happens if Dany marries Jon and then dies young? Does Jon seem like the kind of guy who can ram Dany's changes through the lords of Westeros? He's just proven that he can't lie or change his mind for diplomatic reasons. He doesn't have a ruthless bone in his body—there's no way anyone's going to be afraid of him unless they've done something criminal. Those are good reasons for Tyrion to like and respect Jon as a person, but they're even better reasons for him to despair of the idea of Jon as king.

(Honestly, I think Tyrion should have already gone through all these thoughts and come out the other side back when he suggested a diplomatic marriage between Dany and Jon as soon as Jon arrived. But since Tyrion didn't suggest that, or apparently even think it, I guess they'll do this all next season.)

I think he worries about the potential consequences of their relationship and how the north will view their king being involved with, as jorrah puts it, a silver haired enemy whom killing would make that person a hero. 

19 minutes ago, Calibeamer7 said:

you have a link to this article? Curious to read on it

I don't know about an article, but here is a video where he talks about it and makes it seems like he's more concerned about the consequences of this romance, instead of being jealous of it:  Link

8 minutes ago, Verily said:

I think he worries about the potential consequences of their relationship and how the north will view their king being involved with, as jorrah puts it, a silver haired enemy whom killing would make that person a hero. 

Honestly, this is the worst of both worlds.

Jon could have sold bending the knee if he'd kept things businesslike.

And if he'd married her, even better—"Guess what, Northern Lords, you're not following the King in the North, you're following the royal couple that rules the Seven Kingdoms. Yeah, that's me now."

But when he shows up and says, "Hey, I really trust this chick that I've just started shagging, so you should all trust her too, it was totally worth giving up the Kingdom of the North", who's going to go along with that?

I mean, obviously, there are ways through—for one thing, the fact that the dead just got through the Wall and are actually in the North now, that means he can probably get away with putting off anything less immediate like the feudal relationship between the North and the Seven Kingdoms. But he's still made it as hard as possible.

8 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Honestly, this is the worst of both worlds.

Jon could have sold bending the knee if he'd kept things businesslike.

And if he'd married her, even better—"Guess what, Northern Lords, you're not following the King in the North, you're following the royal couple that rules the Seven Kingdoms. Yeah, that's me now."

But when he shows up and says, "Hey, I really trust this chick that I've just started shagging, so you should all trust her too, it was totally worth giving up the Kingdom of the North", who's going to go along with that?

I mean, obviously, there are ways through—for one thing, the fact that the dead just got through the Wall and are actually in the North now, that means he can probably get away with putting off anything less immediate like the feudal relationship between the North and the Seven Kingdoms. But he's still made it as hard as possible.

Yeah this.....Are they really going to question Jon, in light of the fact the dead are through the wall? I mean come on, she brings 120K troops and two dragons, what they heck they going to say? Sorry but no, we don't want your help? Sorry Jon, you betrayed us, no you and Dany just go away, we will fight the NK and his 100k zombies all by ourselves?

Come on Man, and far as the Northern Lords are concerned, this is all but a non-issue. Maybe a few grumblings here and there, but nothing will come of it. Possibly we have a Jorah/Lady Mormont moment where Jorah convinces Lady Mormont that Dany is the real deal, and she gets a little bit of screen time again speaking up and convinces the other Northern Lords to STFU. 

20 minutes ago, falcotron said:

I dunno.  Bran seems pretty adamant that they "must tell Jon."  So, whenever Jon get back to Winterfell - or meets Bran/Sam again - then Jon's role as KitN will change drastically regardless.  One would expect, or at least hope, for such an occurrence to happen pretty immediately in the final season.

I think its just a red herring to force the audience to question his loyalty, only so that at the moment of reckoning there will be a "twist" and Tyrion will prove to be loyal to the Stargaryens.

And yeah. Its pretty obvious, that after both Jon and Dany die by the end, he will be regent and bring up their children. He is a worthless military strategist but a brilliant conciliator and administrator - the ideal person to fix Westeros after the devastating wars.That is how his character has been built up.

50 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Yeah this.....Are they really going to question Jon, in light of the fact the dead are through the wall? I mean come on, she brings 120K troops and two dragons, what they heck they going to say? Sorry but no, we don't want your help? Sorry Jon, you betrayed us, no you and Dany just go away, we will fight the NK and his 100k zombies all by ourselves?

Come on Man, and far as the Northern Lords are concerned, this is all but a non-issue. Maybe a few grumblings here and there, but nothing will come of it. Possibly we have a Jorah/Lady Mormont moment where Jorah convinces Lady Mormont that Dany is the real deal, and she gets a little bit of screen time again speaking up and convinces the other Northern Lords to STFU. 

Jorah's basically dead to Lyanna Mormont. If she knows who he is, it's as a disgrace to their House and the North who fled judgement instead of facing it or taking the Black. She'd prefer to have him dead, rather than talk to him.

Archived