The North's Fate

averde

8 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

So you think they are going to have four or five episodes of the final season at Winterfell?  Then what happens to Cersei?

A big battle will occur at Winterfell.  But I don't believe that is where the Others will be stopped.  Another reason for my opinion is based on Dany's vision of the Iron Throne in a damaged Red Keep with snow falling through.

My crackpot theory is that Cersei will try to negotiate a marriage alliance with the Night's King. She's become nihilistic enough to see the appeal of becoming Night's Queen, especially if she thought eternal life/omnipotence were in it for her unborn. Plus, for show purposes, it would look amazing.

Jon Snow says you can't negotiate with the dead, but the fact is he hasn't tried, so he's just assuming. The precedent for such living/dead diplomacy is right there in Craster's arrangement with the Others—Jon should talk to Gilly about how Craster did it. But I doubt he would. Qyburn, on the other hand, acting on Cersei's behalf, would jump at the chance if he saw it. Anyhow, if this theory is right (yes, I know it's crackpot), a final battle at the Red Keep would be right in line. 

On 8/28/2017 at 9:19 AM, Corvinus said:

Jorah to Dany: You should fly to Winterfell

Dany: No, I'll sail with Jon.

Winterfell's fate is sealed.

Maybe they'll hold on until Jon & Dany arrive, maybe not. The NK has a dragon too, he could smash Winterfell's walls just the same. I guess it mainly depends on what the NK knows and has foreseen. He lingered all this time beyond the Wall because he knew he needed a dragon. What is his next move? 

Not sure what role Bran will play. I suspect we'll see a Coldhands type intervention, meaning he'll gather all the ravens and other animals, and throw them at the army of the dead to slow them down.

Sold out and potentially doomed the North for sex. That really seems like something Jon would do....not. 

11 hours ago, laughing tree said:

My crackpot theory is that Cersei will try to negotiate a marriage alliance with the Night's King. She's become nihilistic enough to see the appeal of becoming Night's Queen, especially if she thought eternal life/omnipotence were in it for her unborn. Plus, for show purposes, it would look amazing.

Jon Snow says you can't negotiate with the dead, but the fact is he hasn't tried, so he's just assuming. The precedent for such living/dead diplomacy is right there in Craster's arrangement with the Others—Jon should talk to Gilly about how Craster did it. But I doubt he would. Qyburn, on the other hand, acting on Cersei's behalf, would jump at the chance if he saw it. Anyhow, if this theory is right (yes, I know it's crackpot), a final battle at the Red Keep would be right in line. 

It's definitely a crackpot, but there's nothing that really makes it impossible, and it probably could be made to work in a way that the audience would accept.

Meanwhile, if one of the players in the books makes a deal with the Others, possibly even unwittingly, via Euron, I could imagine how D&D merging storylines could end up adapting that into Euron bringing Cersei to met the Night King.

Archived