Cersei's Strobing and Deathly-Hallowed Ensemble

Cersei in all her High Glamour should have known that gown was going to strobe on camera!  How un-fashonista.  And for a woman With Child, she was certainly NOT attired for that most joyous of occasions.  Her ensemble in EP07 was surely a Deathly Hallow to (possibly) what may be the fate of that unborn child. 

The Fashion Police would be issuing her a mad citation.

OK I have to resurrect this thread, I meant it for a greater purpose and  was being funny about her ensemble (although it is a fairly grim attire)

IS the show going overkill with making Cersei look and feel as gruesome as possible?  I was talking with a friend about this, even her hair (wig) looks really, really fake like it's a brittle mess of straw. 

We already do not like her (hatred would be more appropriate word for most), she's a back-stabber, a liar in every way, and now she is pregnant........... WHAT is the show trying to do with this character in terms of, how much more visibly brutal can they make her look and how hard are they trying to milk every last ounce of *cringe* out of the character through the lens of the camera?

Seriously, IS it overkill?

8 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

OK I have to resurrect this thread, I meant it for a greater purpose and  was being funny about her ensemble (although it is a fairly grim attire)

IS the show going overkill with making Cersei look and feel as gruesome as possible?  I was talking with a friend about this, even her hair (wig) looks really, really fake like it's a brittle mess of straw. 

We already do not like her (hatred would be more appropriate word for most), she's a back-stabber, a liar in every way, and now she is pregnant........... WHAT is the show trying to do with this character in terms of, how much more visibly brutal can they make her look and how hard are they trying to milk every last ounce of *cringe* out of the character through the lens of the camera?

Seriously, IS it overkill?

I think it is because Martin does a good job of blurring the lines between good and evil with characters.  At this point in the show they have done everything possible to make her character completely devoid of any humanity.  I mean I guess you could point to her have at least some decency to not have Tyrion or Jaime killed in the same episode, even though there was a real possibility it could have happened, as some sign of humanity, but it really feels like they are making her like this to finally make that split between her and Jaime.  Love her or hate her in the books you kind of understand her motivations, may not agree with her decisions and choices but they at least make a little sense.  

23 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

I think it is because Martin does a good job of blurring the lines between good and evil with characters.  At this point in the show they have done everything possible to make her character completely devoid of any humanity.  I mean I guess you could point to her have at least some decency to not have Tyrion or Jaime killed in the same episode, even though there was a real possibility it could have happened, as some sign of humanity, but it really feels like they are making her like this to finally make that split between her and Jaime.  Love her or hate her in the books you kind of understand her motivations, may not agree with her decisions and choices but they at least make a little sense.  

Yes, in the show she just keeps saying "I don't care about x, I don't care about y, I don't care about z, etc" her "motivations" are so completely unclear, I wonder if they are using the pregnancy simply TO give the character some realistic motivations?

If she were NOT pregnant, what in the hell would her motivation be for anything she is doing?  She cares about nothing, will do anything, lie to and kill anyone, all for to rule with Jaime until they both die.  That's a bit much.

Her character IS devoid of anything at all.  You saying "humanity" made me think outside of the pregnancy she is a cardboard cutout of Osama bin Laden or Kim Jun - the 100% evil dark figure who cannot be reasoned with and only wants to kill and destroy for the sake OF killing and destroying.

We all know there are no such people in the world.  Thus, my post about her appearance/gown etc... man they are just heaping it on.  Why don't they just smear her face in blood, put dragon wings on her back and put her voice through a synth that makes her sound like The Devil. 

WHAT is the difference between a non-pregnant Cersei and the frakking Night King????????????????

They all went North to capture the wight, and the expression on Cersei's face when it came forth out of the box was like "I'm having a hard time looking scared because I'm so completely evil".  It's starting to piss me off with that.  

36 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

WHAT is the difference between a non-pregnant Cersei and the frakking Night King????????????????

They all went North to capture the wight, and the expression on Cersei's face when it came forth out of the box was like "I'm having a hard time looking scared because I'm so completely evil".  It's starting to piss me off with that.  

One is a cold, undead, non-feeling monster and the other is the Night King.

43 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

Yes, in the show she just keeps saying "I don't care about x, I don't care about y, I don't care about z, etc" her "motivations" are so completely unclear, I wonder if they are using the pregnancy simply TO give the character some realistic motivations?

If she were NOT pregnant, what in the hell would her motivation be for anything she is doing?  She cares about nothing, will do anything, lie to and kill anyone, all for to rule with Jaime until they both die.  That's a bit much.

Her character IS devoid of anything at all.  You saying "humanity" made me think outside of the pregnancy she is a cardboard cutout of Osama bin Laden or Kim Jun - the 100% evil dark figure who cannot be reasoned with and only wants to kill and destroy for the sake OF killing and destroying.

We all know there are no such people in the world.  Thus, my post about her appearance/gown etc... man they are just heaping it on.  Why don't they just smear her face in blood, put dragon wings on her back and put her voice through a synth that makes her sound like The Devil. 

Not to mention she pretty much already has a dead soldier protecting her and her Hand looked pretty impressed with the wight's hand.  What if Cersei decides in order to truly live forever and rule the world she must become the Night King's Queen?  LOL 

29 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Not to mention she pretty much already has a dead soldier protecting her and her Hand looked pretty impressed with the wight's hand.  What if Cersei decides in order to truly live forever and rule the world she must become the Night King's Queen?  LOL 

Right?  I forgot about that!  She is protected by an Undead Monster herself!  And her Hand is a Angel of Death maester/doctor who enjoys working on corpses and animating the dead.

I am like how is Jaime hanging out with this crowd?

She may actually align WITH the Night King it's true.  That or if there was a little more technology in this show she would have Qyburn put her in some magic coffin to turn her into a better version of The Mountain and she could live forever that way.  Alone on the throne.  I bet she wou;d EAT her own offspring if it meant she could live forever on the throne.

What kind of fake character is this?  And I must endure it yet another season to find out what happens.

3 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

Right?  I forgot about that!  She is protected by an Undead Monster herself!  And her Hand is a Angel of Death maester/doctor who enjoys working on corpses and animating the dead.

I am like how is Jaime hanging out with this crowd?

Maybe Qyburn was thinking of replacing Jaime's Golden hand with that one.  Lol.  Let's be honest here he should have bolted from her the minute he returned from the Riverlands and learned what she did.  She killed thousands of civilians and regular people just to take out a few of her enemies and did the exact thing Jaime killed Aerys for wanting to do.  Cersei is right he is the dumbest Lannister.  

On 8/27/2017 at 9:45 PM, Iron Mother said:

Her ensemble in EP07 was surely a Deathly Hallow to (possibly) what may be the fate of that unborn child. 

I don't think her child will survive....

Maggy the Frog stated that Cersei would have 3 children, "Gold will be their crowns. Gold, their shrouds."  Joffrey, Tommen, and Myrcella have all died.  

If the prophecy still holds, Cersei will not have any future (surviving) children.  

18 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

Maybe Qyburn was thinking of replacing Jaime's Golden hand with that one.  Lol.  Let's be honest here he should have bolted from her the minute he returned from the Riverlands and learned what she did.  She killed thousands of civilians and regular people just to take out a few of her enemies and did the exact thing Jaime killed Aerys for wanting to do.  Cersei is right he is the dumbest Lannister.  

OK so you are Jamie............ and your wretched-looking sister of 42yo dressed in a perma-scowl and leather/chain accoutrements telling you she is pregnant with your child....................... after all the devastation that has happened. 

Do you embrace her or HURL?  Jaime is literally the only living thing in her life.  That's what I'm saying could the show make this any more sick and wrong?  It's overkill.  They were like "everyone wants Cersei to die, we need to write a script for this character because she is The Big Bad Villain of Westeros........... LET'S GIVE HER WOMB SOME FRUIT.

Yea that just solves everything

10 minutes ago, Grey_Ghost said:

I don't think her child will survive....

Maggy the Frog stated that Cersei would have 3 children, "Gold will be their crowns. Gold, their shrouds."  Joffrey, Tommen, and Myrcella have all died.  

If the prophecy still holds, Cersei will not have any future (surviving) children.  

omg really?  if that child came close to living, all our HBO subscriptions would just vapor away into smoke.

wow do you think maybe the Season 8 Finale IS The Ring?  Like, when the credits roll, all the audience will fall down and transform into glowing blue eyes! :blink::huh::ph34r::excl:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

fuq D&D and their evil magik!!!!! :angry2:

3 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

They don't need to smear her face in blood, they can stick to giving her hypocritical speeches about how great she is and how mean everyone was to her - apparently Dany is a foreign usurper whore because Dragon-stone is apparently not a part of 7K anymore, and a person who had sex with all of two people, one of which was her husband is more of a whore than lady who was having sex with her brother and cousin and started a war because she gave the last king horns. And Tyrion was mean to her and Jaime is stupid, and everyone hates her because she's cool. I mean one more scene where she cries and stomps her feet at someone is all you need to make her even more cartoonish.

I really think that her motivation is just power for the sake of it- she doesn't give a shit about her children or Jaime or the Night King, all she cares about is being able to order people around and punishing everyone who was ever mean to her or has an opportunity to be mean to her at some point in the future. I don't think that's too far from the book characterisation, she keeps saying how everything she does she does for Tommen, but most of her internal monologues just whinge on about how she hates x,y and z and how they just want to take her power away. The only reason she seems to care about Tommen is because he's her pawn and she abuses him emotionally when he defies her. But I disagree that people like that don't exist in real world - your own examples like Kim Jong and Osama work pretty well, there are people who use those around them as props for their power, regardless of the cost.

4 hours ago, Princess_of_Sunspear said:

They don't need to smear her face in blood, they can stick to giving her hypocritical speeches about how great she is and how mean everyone was to her - apparently Dany is a foreign usurper whore because Dragon-stone is apparently not a part of 7K anymore, and a person who had sex with all of two people, one of which was her husband is more of a whore than lady who was having sex with her brother and cousin and started a war because she gave the last king horns. And Tyrion was mean to her and Jaime is stupid, and everyone hates her because she's cool. I mean one more scene where she cries and stomps her feet at someone is all you need to make her even more cartoonish.

I really think that her motivation is just power for the sake of it- she doesn't give a shit about her children or Jaime or the Night King, all she cares about is being able to order people around and punishing everyone who was ever mean to her or has an opportunity to be mean to her at some point in the future. I don't think that's too far from the book characterisation, she keeps saying how everything she does she does for Tommen, but most of her internal monologues just whinge on about how she hates x,y and z and how they just want to take her power away. The only reason she seems to care about Tommen is because he's her pawn and she abuses him emotionally when he defies her. But I disagree that people like that don't exist in real world - your own examples like Kim Jong and Osama work pretty well, there are people who use those around them as props for their power, regardless of the cost.

wow I couldn't have hoped for more?  This is becoming the Drag Cersei thread.

But the initial paragraph I thought they were talking about SANSA!

Archived