This time it is certain

Totally agree. I saw it multiple times during episode 7. And then they tucked the eyes into Jon's jacket for a large part of the show. It could be Bran watching through the weirwood eyes, but it looks more like a blink than a white eye.

5 minutes ago, Katrasay said:

Will be interesting to see if there is anything in this or not. Though by far,  Still most likely to be some kind of reflection effect or something which has been overdone. 

There isn't.  The director Alan Taylor was asked about it in an interview and stated there isn't anything going on with the pommel eyes.  

Just a lot of thirsty fans looking for clues to anything.   

2 hours ago, JV said:

Totally agree. I saw it multiple times during episode 7. And then they tucked the eyes into Jon's jacket for a large part of the show. It could be Bran watching through the weirwood eyes, but it looks more like a blink than a white eye.

Just imagine

Bran: Hi Jon!

Jon: Who's there?

Bran: It's me!

Jon: Where is this voice coming from?

Bran: In your jacket! I've got something to tell you! Your father is actually Rhaegar Targaryen, not Ned Stark. That means you've been making out with your aunt.

Jon [*pukes*]: Are you serious?

Is the handle carved of weirwood? If so then it should be something Bran can access, and unlike those wimpy ravens, Longclaw will not be intimidated by a look from NK. Of course, looking through the pommel, Bran would be seeing everything upside-down while the sword is in use.

54 minutes ago, 4 Eyed Crow said:

making out

He's done lots more than make out to be honest.

14 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Is the handle carved of weirwood?

I don't remember if it's addressed on the show, but a large part of the role of a pommel is to act as a counterweight, so unless weirwood is extremely heavy/dense wood, it wouldn't be a great material choice for a sword pommel. Not that this kind of detail would stop anyone if they figured it would be cool for Jon's sword to have its own built-in weirnet connection.

In my opinion there's nothing to it though.

Archived