Maybe it's Arya after all...

I'd always thought it would be Jaime who killed Cersei.  There's some poetry to it and it fits the prophecy.  But now Jamie's walked away and it's hard to see the story between that and rekindling the rage needed to kill a sister he once loved.

But Cersei is a problem -- at least Tyrion and the Targaryans saw her as an immediate problem.  When Jaime arrives in the North they'll see that again.  And Arya seems the blindingly obvious solution.

Perhaps six episodes is enough to bring Jaimie back into Cersei's company and in a sufficient rage to kill her but it doesn't make sense unless she's still a very real and very pressing threat and it's not obvious to me how, in six episodes, you create that as well as resolving the war in the North. 

Yes, there's definitely a chance Arya will be the one to end Cersei. 

It might even be a team up of Arya and the Hound vs Cersei and the Mountain.

The Hound kills the Mountain but either also dies or is severely wounded. The Hound essentially paves the way and Arya does the deed and ends Cersei, which would also complete her own list of people to kill and bring her arc to a conclusion also - because after that deed Arya will either be able to let go of her anger and bloodlust and live a relatively normal life or let it consume her completely and never stop searching for people who have wronged her to kill.

I thought this after Bran said "I thought you'd gone to Winterfell" when he reunited with her.

So either Bran sees all the possible pasts, which means he has to decide which one will come true, which turns him into a Melisandre kind of character.

Or he can also see the future and he saw Arya in King's Landing and connected that with her list and Cersei, but didn't see her going to Winterfell before that.

Im rooting for Cersei.  She seems to be the best ruler.

Jon is alright too.  Cersei Jon marriage would be good.  But Euron's not a bad choice either.

The funniest thing was when Jamie asked, is it mine?  He knows her.

22 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Im rooting for Cersei.  She seems to be the best ruler.

Jon is alright too.  Cersei Jon marriage would be good.  But Euron's not a bad choice either.

The funniest thing was when Jamie asked, is it mine?  He knows her.

He never asked if its his, he assumed it was but asked what they would tell people because of the incest angle and the people not accepting a bastard born of incest and Cersei replied to hell with them we are past that nowadays. Jaime may however be incorrect when he assumed he is the father because it was made clear in this episode that Cersei has been quite capable of meeting Euron in secret without Jaime knowing.

6 minutes ago, Ashara_Dayne said:

Tyrion and Jaime walked away.

I'm still convinced Valonqar refers to the unborn baby (as being valonqar to Tommen Myrcella and Joffrey) and she'll die of pregnancy complications.

Valonqar = Arya wearing Jamie's face, murdering Cersei by stabbing her in her pregnant belly. :P You would not see that coming a mile away. I'm calling it!!!!!! THIS IS MY THEORY now. :D haha.

Up until here reveal that it was all a plan and she had no intentions of the truce, I was started to like her for the first time in the show.... I genuinely started thinking maybe she will be a good queen and had her people's interests at heart along with her unborn... god damn you Cersei for being so fucking calculating and smart.

They gave Arya this cool superpower of changing faces, then had her give Sansa a big explanation of how it works last week.  I had wondered before if Arya would use a face (like the shorthaired page) to get close to Cersei, then kill her.  With Ciersei'a face, she could send the Lannister army AND the Golden Company north as well. Maybe even go with them, and "die" during the battle to cover up Arya's crime. That seemed like a good "twist within a twist" that they would use on the show.  But then Arya went to Winterfell and stayed there.  Now with Jaime breaking ties with Cersie, I'm guessing that possibility is back in play.

Post episode 7, I think Cersei might very well die in childbirth, or from complications.

Both Jamie and Tyrion killing her in person seems off the table now, they'll be far away and not in a position to do so.

However, if Cersei dies in childbirth from a pregnancy caused by Jamie, technically he can be considered a reason for her demise. 

4 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

The Hound kills the Mountain but either also dies or is severely wounded. The Hound essentially paves the way and Arya does the deed and ends Cersei, which would also complete her own list of people to kill and bring her arc to a conclusion also - because after that deed Arya will either be able to let go of her anger and bloodlust and live a relatively normal life or let it consume her completely and never stop searching for people who have wronged her to kill.

I can already see it. A wounded Hound goes down on one knee, as the Mountain, also reeling from wounds, approaches. Arya jumps on the Hound's shoulder, does a ninja somersault over the Mountain, and stabs Cersei in the neck with her new favorite knife.

1 hour ago, MinscS2 said:

Post episode 7, I think Cersei might very well die in childbirth, or from complications.

Both Jamie and Tyrion killing her in person seems off the table now, they'll be far away and not in a position to do so.

However, if Cersei dies in childbirth from a pregnancy caused by Jamie, technically he can be considered a reason for her demise. 

Um, you do realize what show you're talking about right? Sam traveled over 3000 miles from Oldtown to Winterfell in one and a half episodes. The showrunners threw all semblance of timeframes out the window. Next season Jaime could be in Winterfell at the start of the episode, back to KL to kill Cersei and end up back in Winterfell before the episode is done. Dramatic effect is more important to them than narrative sense.

6 hours ago, Capo Ferro said:

I'd always thought it would be Jaime who killed Cersei.  There's some poetry to it and it fits the prophecy.  But now Jamie's walked away and it's hard to see the story between that and rekindling the rage needed to kill a sister he once loved.

But Cersei is a problem -- at least Tyrion and the Targaryans saw her as an immediate problem.  When Jaime arrives in the North they'll see that again.  And Arya seems the blindingly obvious solution.

Perhaps six episodes is enough to bring Jaimie back into Cersei's company and in a sufficient rage to kill her but it doesn't make sense unless she's still a very real and very pressing threat and it's not obvious to me how, in six episodes, you create that as well as resolving the war in the North. 

Whose face will she use? I would love it if she killed Qyburn and used his!

4 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

This. and it would be so freaking awesome

3 minutes ago, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

What if she dies in childbirth and the child is a dwarf?  

Exactly. That is what I'm talking about!

Archived