Let's talk about Jaime...

wolfsbae

15 minutes ago, Super Mario said:

Agreed. I'd be surprised if Bronn didn't leave KL. He has history and affection for Jaime, Tyrion and Pod. Cersei means nothing to him. Moreover, he's a mercenary and he knows Cersei will never pay up on his agreement with Jaime. If he wants his money he'll go north. If he wants to survive he'll go elsewhere. But i can't see any reason for him to stay with Cersei. 

I'm not sure going north will get him paid any better. What does Jaime have to pay him with? Tyrion is a better gamble, but still far from a guarantee.

Still, much better than the 0% chance of getting paid by Cersei, and the >0% chance of getting executed by Cersei, so, barring any better option (try to convince a couple of Ironborn captains to ditch Euron's "run home and hide" plan and set themselves up as pirates on one of the Stepstones?), it seems like the best idea.

4 minutes ago, falcotron said:

I'm not sure going north will get him paid any better. What does Jaime have to pay him with? Tyrion is a better gamble, but still far from a guarantee.

Still, much better than the 0% chance of getting paid by Cersei, and the >0% chance of getting executed by Cersei, so, barring any better option (try to convince a couple of Ironborn captains to ditch Euron's "run home and hide" plan and set themselves up as pirates on one of the Stepstones?), it seems like the best idea.

But at least there is a chance of being paid in the north by Tyrion. Otherwise there isn't much left for him to do. If he has some money with him currently, it would be best if he sailed to Essos.

49 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

But at least there is a chance of being paid in the north by Tyrion. Otherwise there isn't much left for him to do. If he has some money with him currently, it would be best if he sailed to Essos.

Yes, you just repeatedly exactly the same thing as in the second paragraph you quoted, in different words. Are you disagreeing with something?

4 hours ago, Lydia19 said:

In one episode (I believe in season 4 or 5) Jaime and Bronn on their way to Dornn for Mrycella, they talk about ways to die. Jaime says he wants to die in the arms of the woman he loves. I feel that the writers of that episode put that conversation in deliberately. Probably thinking we would think he meant Cersei, (which he may have at the time he said it) but I really think he is going to die in the arms of Brienne. Not sure how but I'm willing to bet that is how it will play out.

I'm also thinking that's how he will die in the books, because I think it's inevitable, he will die, but as we all know he finally realized what honor is and what a true knight really is, ( with Brianne's 'help' ) he will do something really really honorable, maybe by killing Cersei hand then somehow die for it.

Yes, it is foreshadowed in the show. In case he dies, it won't be in the arms of Cersei.

And if they ever go to do the canon romance in the remaining 6 episodes, which I think they will (about 80% of possibilities) I hope they'll reuse the sentence: we don't choose who we love.

8 minutes ago, falcotron said:

Yes, you just repeatedly exactly the same thing as in the second paragraph you quoted, in different words. Are you disagreeing with something?

No. I was trying to say that Bronn would likely go north in the hopes of getting his money as opposed to doing the sensible thing and running away.

Jamie leaves on his own, confesses to Bran, Bran forgives, Jamie is on team Dany/Jon. The three heads of the dragon is fulfilled. Been saying this all along. 

Let us not forget, Theon has done much worse things to the Starks than Jamie, and has still been forgiven (kinda). Jamie did send Brienne to insure Sansa and Arya's safety. 

Bronn, on the other hand, I think will be the one to conspire to bring a faction of the Lannister forces North, deserters to join the Northern cause. Maybe possibly wth Qyburn, who was at the dragonpit (qyburn was really interested in the wight arm). 

With Theon off to save Yara, who is presumably on Euron's ship (although she could be at the Pyke), will Theon and Co, kill Euron, re-unite the greyjoys, and thwart Cersei's plans to bring the golden Company to Westeros? I hope this is the case, and Cersei is killed off early in the next season, so the fight can be entirely against the WW's, but fear D & D infatuation with Cersei will make her the final villian (gawd I hope not though). 

25 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Jamie leaves on his own, confesses to Bran, Bran forgives, Jamie is on team Dany/Jon. The three heads of the dragon is fulfilled. Been saying this all along. 

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but Jaime being the third head of the dragon would need him to be a Targ. Because we don't have a third dragon that a non trag could ride.

6 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but Jaime being the third head of the dragon would need him to be a Targ. Because we don't have a third dragon that a non trag could ride.

Nothing in the prophecy states the three heads have to be targs, nothing states they will become dragon riders. 

2 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Nothing in the prophecy states the three heads have to be targs, nothing states they will become dragon riders. 

True, but why would Jaime be the 'third head of the dragon'? Wouldn't he just be a Lannister doing stuff?

Another interesting point that could come from Jaime meeting Bran is that Jaime could be finally vindicated for becoming The Kingslayer. What he did then could serve as genuine proof of his character. I mean, he did plenty of despicable things but in that one moment he forsook honor in order to save lives and I think a vision etc. could serve to prove his sincerity in coming North. 

13 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

True, but why would Jaime be the 'third head of the dragon'? Wouldn't he just be a Lannister doing stuff?

I mean, the lion, the wolf and the dragon ...I'm sure there's some sort of prophecy that fits? I'd be okay with Jaime simply being another hero helping in the great war. 

24 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

Depends on your interpretation of what Three heads means. clearly it is not three dragon riders. I believe it to mean three forces, aka, Dany and her forces, Jn and the north, and Jamie and his as well. 

7 minutes ago, jandslegate said:

I mean, the lion, the wolf and the dragon ...I'm sure there's some sort of prophecy that fits? I'd be okay with Jaime simply being another hero helping in the great war. 

Yeah, that I can believe. I think there's a reason he is in possession of a valyrian steel sword, and in particular, it being made from Ice.

Just now, Error-504 said:

Depends on your interpretation of what Three heads means. clearly it is not three dragon riders. I believe it to mean three forces, aka, Dany and her forces, Jn and the north, and Jamie and his as well. 

Yeah, if you interpret the three heads of the dragons being three elements against a common foe, I believe it. As I said in my last post, I think it's significant that Jaime has a sword that was once a Stark family heirloom.

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, it is foreshadowed in the show. In case he dies, it won't be in the arms of Cersei.

And if they ever go to do the canon romance in the remaining 6 episodes, which I think they will (about 80% of possibilities) I hope they'll reuse the sentence: we don't choose who we love.

Jaime (of the books) is certainly fed up with Cersei. It's been irritating to me how in the shows they make him her adoring lovesick puppy (for lack of a better word). 

And I would love to see a romance between him and Brianne the beauty, this time he won't be in love with a pretty face but with the inner beauty we know Brianne is.

12 minutes ago, Lydia19 said:

Jaime (of the books) is certainly fed up with Cersei. It's been irritating to me how in the shows they make him her adoring lovesick puppy (for lack of a better word). 

And I would love to see a romance between him and Brianne the beauty, this time he won't be in love with a pretty face but with the inner beauty we know Brianne is.

Yes, I completely agree with that :) Although I think he'll also start appreciating her external beauty as well.....they are a perfect match

1 hour ago, jandslegate said:

Another interesting point that could come from Jaime meeting Bran is that Jaime could be finally vindicated for becoming The Kingslayer.

And then, of course, he'll complete his redemption by killing Cersei and becoming a Double-Kingslayer plus a Kinslayer, but this time around that won't throw him into a funk about his conflicting oaths, he'll accept that he had to do it because it was a moral obligation, and that's all that matters.

48 minutes ago, Lydia19 said:

As I'd hoped, they finally seem to have gotten show!Jaime's story back on track with book!Jaime's story. You just have to retcon S5-7 as being a single rough night for Jaime in the Riverlands where he struggled with his demons and imagined what it would be like if he returned to Cersei, rather than three years of his life where he really did it, and his arc makes sense again…

I don't think Jaime will have anything to do with anything magical.  That's reserved for Starks and Targareyans.  The only redemption I can see for him is either killing Cersei and himself, or giving his life in the Great War and selling his sister out by giving up her plans and hopefully relinquishing his sword so it can be reforged with oathkeeper to bring back Ice.  Brienne would be duty bound to do this because that sword ICE would go to Sansa and Arya at Winterfell and then to their kids if they have any.  I doubt this happens in the show but one can hope.  

In my opinion Theon won't know where Euron is until after he has already returned with the Golden Company and attempts to strengthen Cersei's position by taking lands.  I think their first stop in this mission for Cersei will be Storms End and that's where Gendry and Theon will team up to free Yara and Gendry take his father's ancestoral home.  I think Yara needs to die though.  She was complicit in Theon's betrayal of Robb, and let's not forget, Ned Stark didn't have to do anything with Theon except keep him alive.  He treated him honorably, and allowed him to enjoy everything his own sons enjoyed including teaching him about honor get him trained to be a fighter.  At no point was Theon's life in Danger and I have to believe that even if Balon and Ironborn rebelled again Ned would not have killed Theon, he probably would have sent him to the Wall at worst to protect him, like he did with Jon.  That's why Ned was willing to tell Jon his true parentage when he saw him again, because he believed in the law when it came to taking the black, they would be protected, and they needed to be from Robert in both cases.  The scene between Jon and Theon was important because little did Jon know he was telling someone that thought he had to choose between his birth family or the family that raised him, that Theon was both Greyjoy and Stark.  Little did Jon know he was foreshadowing his own situation that he is not yet aware of.  But Jon won't choose, he will accept he is both and be honor and duty bound to protect and fight and even die for both families. Targaryean and Stark.  

Archived