Let's talk about Jaime...

wolfsbae

2 hours ago, Morte said:

In the books:

It's actually foreshadowed in the books by his dream with Rhaegar and the Kingsguard, so if he dies, he will die saving the life of a Targ. But before that he will be vindicated by Dany for killing her father, so it will be known everywhere why he did kill the Mad King, and of course he will do other great deeds.

My prediction is, that in the end one of the last great knights will survive the whole thing, either Barristan or Jaime, and the surviving will end the others page in the White Book. (Even if they both die, they will have great pages in the end, and will not be simply killed off somewhere random.)

And great songs will be written for both the Knight Who Became A Squirre To Find His Queen and The Kingslayer, Saviour or Kings Landing, who went on the great quest to find his lost honour, in which he succeeded with the help of the beautiful Lady-Knight Brienne of Tarth (who will of course be beautiful in the songs, and have her own songs as well). And they all died happily known for their deeds and their shields, as white as honour. /fairytale ;)

In the show:

Here too he will most likely die doing something great (and we will be vindicated too, for the kingslaying), which may or may not also include saving a Targ. But he has to die a great knight (even if the show scraped his arc).

I wouldn't mind if Jaime is still kingslayer towards the end so long as he survives. But his dream where his sword starts to lose its light indicates he might die. 

I would like to interpret that dream as brienne saving his life when he is about to die (probably fighting for a targ)

59 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

I wouldn't mind if Jaime is still kingslayer towards the end so long as he survives. But his dream where his sword starts to lose its light indicates he might die. 

I would like to interpret that dream as brienne saving his life when he is about to die (probably fighting for a targ)

It at least does hint toward Jaime having to leave the path he was on before him losing his hand, or else he would have been doomed. And yes, I also tend to think that Brienne is his last and only chance (as a role model and a companion toward true knighthood; maybe more) for that.

I don't think it impossible for her to really save his life, but I think the dream goes deeper then simple lifesaving.

On 9/15/2017 at 3:32 PM, Sandokan I Ironborn said:

Sorry if it has been discussed a few pages before, but how do you think Bran & Jaime will react if they ever meet again ?

I think bran won't care about the past. And the 3ER contacted Bran when he was in a coma, so Jaime pushing him out the tower was probably instrumental in bran becoming the 3ER. 

Jaime regrets his act I think, so he might be uncomfortable meeting bran. And I personally believe that Jaime isn't the father of cersei's baby, and I think Bran might be the one to tell Jaime.

5 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

I think bran won't care about the past. And the 3ER contacted Bran when he was in a coma, so Jaime pushing him out the tower was probably instrumental in bran becoming the 3ER. 

Jaime regrets his act I think, so he might be uncomfortable meeting bran. And I personally believe that Jaime isn't the father of cersei's baby, and I think Bran might be the one to tell Jaime.

why do you think that? 

they had a scene where they slept together in 7x03. 

On 9/15/2017 at 3:37 PM, Morte said:

It at least does hint toward Jaime having to leave the path he was on before him losing his hand, or else he would have been doomed. And yes, I also tend to think that Brienne is his last and only chance (as a role model and a companion toward true knighthood; maybe more) for that.

I don't think it impossible for her to really save his life, but I think the dream goes deeper then simple lifesaving.

I also find it interesting that Jaime and Brienne are in casterly rock and Jaime is told this is his place. The show has him out of the kingsguard, maybe the same might happen in the books.

51 minutes ago, Apoplexy said:

Cersei was a little aggressive in that scene, which makes me think Cersei was already pregnant and she slept with Jaime to make him believe he is the father.

That would be interesting. They established in 7x07 that she has been meeting with Euron privately so very possible.

i had taken her agression to be her turned on by torturing people as a parallel to the Mad King being turned on by killing his victims but very well could be what you suggest. 

If your right, the theory that euron would turn on her becomes a lot less likely.

11 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

That would be interesting. They established in 7x07 that she has been meeting with Euron privately so very possible.

i had taken her agression to be her turned on by torturing people as a parallel to the Mad King being turned on by killing his victims but very well could be what you suggest. 

If your right, the theory that euron would turn on her becomes a lot less likely.

In the books, the last time Jaime had sex with cersei, she was on her period, so it's extremely unlikely she would get pregnant after that encounter. So maybe that's true for the show as well.

As for euron, he could be defeated by theon. And I wouldn't put it past him to turn on cersei even if he is the father of her child.

6 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

I also find it interesting that Jaime and Brienne are in casterly rock and Jaime is told this is his place. The show has him out of the kingsguard, maybe the same might happen in the books.

If he survives in the book I think it is unlikely that he leave the KG/QG, but not impossible unlikely, more like a 1:10 chance. And if he does, when I see him going to Tarth with Brienne; - but seriously: He was thinking too much about the principles of being in the KG, and the white shield to go back being a Lannister in the books. But he may leave her with child (if he dies), or go home with Brienne. And he would indeed be a good dad, from all we have seen so far, if he would be allowed to be one.

In the show, while it would be much easier to make this happen, I'm quite sure they will kill him off in a heroic way, because they have butchered his storyline so much. And Brienne will become a happy housewife for Thormund. :angry2:

But we can hope.

13 hours ago, Morte said:

If he survives in the book I think it is unlikely that he leave the KG/QG, but not impossible unlikely, more like a 1:10 chance. And if he does, when I see him going to Tarth with Brienne; - but seriously: He was thinking too much about the principles of being in the KG, and the white shield to go back being a Lannister in the books. But he may leave her with child (if he dies), or go home with Brienne. And he would indeed be a good dad, from all we have seen so far, if he would be allowed to be one.

In the show, while it would be much easier to make this happen, I'm quite sure they will kill him off in a heroic way, because they have butchered his storyline so much. And Brienne will become a happy housewife for Thormund. :angry2:

But we can hope.

Jaime might not voluntarily leave the KG/QG, but cersei could kick him out. I know the show and the books are two separate entities but I get a feeling they will end up in the same place. So I find it interesting that Jaime is out of the QG. I think there is a reason he is out, just like loras never entered the KG since he was destined to die anyways in the show.

23 hours ago, Apoplexy said:

Jaime might not voluntarily leave the KG/QG, but cersei could kick him out. I know the show and the books are two separate entities but I get a feeling they will end up in the same place. So I find it interesting that Jaime is out of the QG. I think there is a reason he is out, just like loras never entered the KG since he was destined to die anyways in the show.

I think that the KG/QG Jaime would be at the end of the books (if he survives and still is a White Cloak) would be the guard of a Targ. But I would also be cool with him going to Tarth with Brienne and become the best dad in Westeros (which he could well be, the type who drives his wife insane because he and the kids are always into something).

In the show: He's more likely to die here [mostly because they left out his redemption arc and with the stupid "ugly-girl-can-only-get-an-ugly-and-stupid-guy" (No, I dont like the Tormund/Brienne-thing!) premise of the show he also doesnt have anything to live for, after Cersei's death], so, if it really does happen, I still hope the books will end differently.

• 3 weeks later...

Jaime is one of my favourite characters and I'd like to see him involved in the war against the night king. He carries a Valeryian (sp?) blade so my prediction is that after an awkward meeting with Bran in which Bran declares that Jaime's pushing him out of a window had to happen, Jaime ends up being the one to save Bran during a confrontation with the NK. It would be fitting to have Jaime be the one to kill the NK, thus fulfilling his oath to protect the surviving Stark children. Obviously, he'd have to die a hero's death, passing away in Brienne's arms and in a reversal of the bath scene in season 3, she lovingly calls him "Jaime" but he proudly replies "Kingslayer", before dying. His legacy then lives on as the slayer of the NK. 

12 minutes ago, Magictorch said:

Jaime is one of my favourite characters and I'd like to see him involved in the war against the night king. He carries a Valeryian (sp?) blade so my prediction is that after an awkward meeting with Bran in which Bran declares that Jaime's pushing him out of a window had to happen, Jaime ends up being the one to save Bran during a confrontation with the NK. It would be fitting to have Jaime be the one to kill the NK, thus fulfilling his oath to protect the surviving Stark children. Obviously, he'd have to die a hero's death, passing away in Brienne's arms and in a reversal of the bath scene in season 3, she lovingly calls him "Jaime" but he proudly replies "Kingslayer", before dying. His legacy then lives on as the slayer of the NK. 

I am sure a lot of people would enjoy that as AU fan fiction after we get what really happens next year. 

I like the idea that Jamies sobriquet "Kingslayer" is not only refering to Aerys but also foreshadowing him killing the NK.
I don't think it will go down that way, but talk about having a massive spoiler hidden in plain sight. :P 

On 9/18/2017 at 4:50 PM, Morte said:

I think that the KG/QG Jaime would be at the end of the books (if he survives and still is a White Cloak) would be the guard of a Targ. But I would also be cool with him going to Tarth with Brienne and become the best dad in Westeros (which he could well be, the type who drives his wife insane because he and the kids are always into something).

In the show: He's more likely to die here [mostly because they left out his redemption arc and with the stupid "ugly-girl-can-only-get-an-ugly-and-stupid-guy" (No, I dont like the Tormund/Brienne-thing!) premise of the show he also doesnt have anything to live for, after Cersei's death], so, if it really does happen, I still hope the books will end differently.

I don't see Jaime being KG to a targ, especially Dany. Unless she does something spectacular to win him over to her side.

As for the show, I think there's still hope left for Jaime. His redemption arc might still happen, maybe slightly rushed.

19 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

I like the idea that Jamies sobriquet "Kingslayer" is not only refering to Aerys but also foreshadowing him killing the NK.
I don't think it will go down that way, but talk about having a massive spoiler hidden in plain sight. :P 

Like Hodor?

Archived