Where was Gendry?

McAssey

2 hours ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

Why did they bring the entire crew to KL but not Gendry? Seems a bit odd, and I hope Gendry does play a role moving forward. He needs to lead the Baratheons.

Why would they bring a blacksmith to a summit between the leaders of Westeros?

3 hours ago, Wolf Rider said:

He+ll probably marry one of his daughters. Which one? Does it matter?

Gendry for Sansa. Because encouraged by Gendry's sporty achievements Hot Pie has now started running to Arya. He'll reach Winterfell after winter is over and you'll see him quite a lot thinner.

On a second thought Podrick is free, too.

3 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

No one flew to Dragonstone. The guys who made it out of the North flew on Drogon to Eastwatch, where Gendry already was. Then those who went to Dragonstone went via boat, including Dany. Last we saw Gendry he was at Eastwatch.

that was a joke, thanks for playing. (joke about supersonic ravens and runners)

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Why would they bring a blacksmith to a summit between the leaders of Westeros?

why would they bring Jorah? Jon? Brienne? Dany? forsake no reason for Missandrei. Come on. Gendry before most of these. Lets just bring everyone so if Cersei kills us all the entire story ends, no way GRRM writes it like that.

81 minutes seems like it should be long enough for every active (still alive but not plausibly written out i.e. Daario) character to at least put in a token appearance. That's almost feature film length.

Other than that general principle I didn't really mind the lack of Gendry this week, he didn't seem to have a natural fit except maybe at Winterfell but that would likely have to wait until they're ready to do a suitably "big" Arya/Gendry reunion.

Gendry going to KL would make no sense because there are only what 3 people that know who he is.  Jon/Aegon, Davos, and Melisandre, why go back and expose himself to the Lannisters as yet another potential threat would make no sense.  As to where he was this episode I would think that he was sent to Winterfell as that seems to be HQ for the war he just has no arrived yet,

I was actually expecting Gendry and Sam to run into each other by coincidentally arriving at Winterfell at the exact same time and having a conversation that seems inconsequential unless you recognize it as prefiguring the fact that the two of them are going to invent and build some kind of secret anti-dead super-weapon next season (which I'm still about 80% sure D&D are going to do).

1 hour ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

Which is preferable to trying to manufacture something out of nothing in 5 scenes, as this season has shown us.

You have to wonder how hard it would have to have Davos say he was resting on the boat. Or tell us he was sent to Winterfell or staying at Eastwatch?

Gendrya needs to happen period.

Look at the bright side. We can say with utmost certainty that it'll be more romantic than Joenerys so what could possibly go wrong there? 

35 minutes ago, Tyrek Lannister said:

Gendrya needs to happen period.

Look at the bright side. We can say with utmost certainty that it'll be more romantic than Joenerys so what could possibly go wrong there? 

Jonaerys has been like Rhaegar reading a book of prophecy. It says it in the series outline so it has to be done no matter how little time we have left.

3 hours ago, Col Cinders said:

My smartass response is that Gendry stayed at Eastwatch so that if there were trouble he could run a message to Winterfel :P

You beat me to it!

I was going to say he was at Eastwatch and now that the Wall fell Winterfell should know about it in no time because Gendry is on the way!...Seriously how awesome would it be if next season starts with an exhausted Gendry running through the Gates of Winterfell, a big FU from D&D to all the time trolls.

10 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Maybe they sent him to Winterfell off screen? He's a blacksmith, and there's lots of blacksmithing to be done at Winterfell. He's not important enough to show doing not much, but if he'd still been at Eastwatch we'd have seen him I'm sure.

I hope you're right. We just got him back on the show. It'd suck if he died on the Wall. :/

Archived