Future of the dothraki

12 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Are the dothraki going north? Iff so waht will happen to the dothraki "civilians"? Will the "civilian dothrakis" be left in the south or move north along the warriors? If they remain in the south maybe the faith millitant can purge the land of heathens?

I think, once or If Daenerys wins the throne, she will allow them to return to Essos if they wish. And she will allow them to make a settlement in Westeros should they want that. Think about the Vikings who invaded and settled England. They might become 'civilized' after a few generations.

Dothraki most probably be free to choose, if Team Daenerys wins, settle and adopt local customs, or they can be shipped to Essos. Useful ally to have and domicile in the North since they will stop fearing about the Ghost Grass as well. I believe they will have a hell of a time with the Free Folk up there.

They'll go north without hats and they will be as fast and as terrain-savvy as Gendry as first timers in the north. They'll die fighting the dead. Those who survive, if they do will settle down in Westeros and be forgotten in the next scene. Pillaging and leading a nomadic life will never cross their minds again, because they saw a naked chick survive a fire so they will be content with farming and voting for a Targaryen every 4 years for the next ten generations. Because that's how civilizations change, kids. 

I think the Dothraki could integrate in Westeros if it stayed nice and sunny. But cultural evolution takes time and they all showed up at once on this continent and not only have to deal with the new geography and culture, they also have to deal with winter.  None of them have ever experienced something like that so there are bound to have issues.  It's quite possible out of convenience for the story that many of them die fighting the army of the dead.  But I could see a situation where they return to Essos because the climate alone would be a huge challenge.

5 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

They'll go north without hats and they will be as fast and as terrain-savvy as Gendry as first timers in the north. They'll die fighting the dead. Those who survive, if they do will settle down in Westeros and be forgotten in the next scene. Pillaging and leading a nomadic life will never cross their minds again, because they saw a naked chick survive a fire so they will be content with farming and voting for a Targaryen every 4 years for the next ten generations. Because that's how civilizations change, kids. 

I imagine the dothraki warriors and some horde followers will venture northward, and the remaining umarmed dothraki will suffer greatly for this.

5 hours ago, TwiceBorn said:

I take there is quite a lot space in Westeros already - 5/7 kingdoms are almost extinct according to show.

Maybe the reach will become the western dothraki sea?

7 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

:D:P  thanks for the laugh!

Seeing as Dragonstone was inexplicably completely uninhabited when they arrived, yet they had shelter for everyone and found food enough for them then I am going to assume that is where the non-fighting portion of the khalasar will stay.  And if D&D had no problem with the magnificent seven going beyond the wall during winter without so much as scarves or ear muffs then I'm pretty sure they are going to have the fighting Dothraki just fight near naked in winter.  It'll look cool, like American football players who wear exposed arms in sub-freezing temperatures (except for the fact that those American football players actually have a shit load of Vaseline on their bodies, are drinking warm beverages every 5 minutes, and under parkas and by space heaters on the sidelines much of the game - the stuff no one notices on tv).

The other option is that once Daenerys gets to Winterfell she and Jon are informed by Bran that Euron is out getting sellswords (since we are abandoning the whole "need to be near a hearttree to see the past" thing) and so the Dothraki head south to fight the Golden Company.

1 minute ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Seeing as Dragonstone was inexplicably completely uninhabited when they arrived, yet they had shelter for everyone and found food enough for them then I am going to assume that is where the non-fighting portion of the khalasar will stay.  And if D&D had no problem with the magnificent seven going beyond the wall during winter without so much as scarves or ear muffs then I'm pretty sure they are going to have the fighting Dothraki just fight near naked in winter.  It'll look cool, like American football players who wear exposed arms in sub-freezing temperatures (except for the fact that those American football players actually have a shit load of Vaseline on their bodies, are drinking warm beverages every 5 minutes, and under parkas and by space heaters on the sidelines much of the game - the stuff no one notices on tv).

The other option is that once Daenerys gets to Winterfell she and Jon are informed by Bran that Euron is out getting sellswords (since we are abandoning the whole "need to be near a hearttree to see the past" thing) and so the Dothraki head south to fight the Golden Company.

You know I wondered that, who needs Varys or Qyburn and little birds when you have the ultimate spy in Bran.  I mean he should know Cersei's plans before Jon and company or Jaime arrive.

8 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

LOLOL the show really is dropping the ball on so many things here. I wonder if Martin will do so.

The Mongols were able to settle in with local customs of many conquered territories. However, if Dany is somehow the new Genghis Khan (naked fire-proof chicks who ride dragons apparently become that) who has united all the hordes into a great one, the question of how their customs are to be managed is still important. The show has ignored all of this. All we get is Jorah mentioning that there are 100,000 Dothraki warriors. So Dany has an invincible army and an air force. Got it, she's militarily invincible unless fighting the Night's King. But the show ignores the problems that would come with this arrangement.

Archived